Judge says kid can't be named Messiah

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Baby can't be named 'Messiah,' judge rules - U.S. News

Baby called Messiah forced by Tennessee judge to change name to mundane Martin - NY Daily News

Tenn. judge, citing Jesus, changes baby's name from "Messiah" - latimes.com

Tennessee judge rules infant's name must be changed from 'Messiah' | Fox News

A Tennessee judge has ordered a baby boy’s name to be changed from “Messiah” after deciding it is a title that has “only been earned by one person and that one person is Jesus Christ.”

Stupid to name a kid that but its her business. Judge was wrong, IMO.

What do you think?

Baby called Messiah forced by Tennessee judge to change name to mundane Martin - NY Daily News

A Tennessee judge has ordered a baby boy’s name to be changed from “Messiah” after deciding it is a title that has “only been earned by one person and that one person is Jesus Christ.”

What do you think?

I actually agree with you, but now you see how DANGEROUS legislating from the bench is. Maybe this will be an eye-opening event for you. Maybe you will see that when a judge crosses the line from interpretting the law to creating their law, they destroy the balance of power.

Hopefully you learned a valuable lesson and won't be the political hack douche, when the table is turned and leftist judge legislates from the bench, because many many more leftist judges legislate from the bench and ignore the law to promote their agenda. Fat chance, because you are afterall a douche!

Side note: This happened in a child support hearing. This is her third baby out of wedlock to a third father. 10 to 1 odds she's on welfare. This type of destructive behavior is what is destroying the black community!

If Barbara Hershey could change her name to Barbara Seagull, I say hands off the Messiah baby....the other kids will call him "mess" anyway so what's the problem?
bongload.gif

Who in their right mind would want to name a kid Messiah anyway? It's just plain stupid. With all of the other really stupid names people are naming kids these days why add to the list?

This story made the front page of my local paper. To me, the mom should be able to name her baby whatever she wants.

God bless you and her and her baby always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

What do you think?

Poor Luddly, a day late and a dollar short, as usual.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...er-triumph-of-big-government.html#post7677748

Who in their right mind would want to name a kid Messiah anyway? It's just plain stupid. With all of the other really stupid names people are naming kids these days why add to the list?

apparently I am way, way out of the loop--TI is a rapper---to some a role model

~~~~~~~~~~~

I thought long and hard before naming my dog---'Josh'---it really suits him. Great name.

~~~~~~~~

T.I. Children

Zonnique Jailee Pullins
Daughter

Deyjah Imani Harris
Daughter

Llayah Amour Harris
Daughter

Domani Uriah Harris
Son

Major Philant Harris
Son

Clifford "King" Joseph Harris III
Son

Messiah Ya'Majesty Harris
Son

What do you think?

I don't agree with the ruling because it sounds like it was the Judge's personal opinion rather then citing a law stating why it cannot be done.

The judge is wrong, plain and simple. No American judge has the authority to tell a parent what they can or cannot name their kid. The ruling will get overturned upon appeal and in my opinion the judge should be reprimanded.

Forum List

Back