Judge Overseeing Case To Remove Trump From Ballot Agrees To Banning Threats and Intimidation.

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2022
My Happyi Place
DENVER (AP) — The Colorado judge overseeing the first significant lawsuit to bar former President Donald Trump from the state’s 2024 presidential ballot on Friday issued a protective order prohibiting threats and intimidation in the case, saying the safety of those involved — including herself and her staff — was necessary as the groundbreaking litigation moves forward.

I 100% understand everybody’s concerns for the parties, the lawyers, and frankly myself and my staff based on what we’ve seen in other cases,” District Judge Sarah B. Wallace said as she agreed to the protective order.

The order prohibits parties in the case from making threatening or intimidating statements. Scott Gessler, a former Colorado secretary of state representing Trump in the case, opposed it. He said a protective order was unnecessary because threats and intimidation already are prohibited by law.

It was sought by lawyers for the liberal group Citizens For Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, which is seeking to disqualify Trump from the ballot under a rarely used Civil War-era clause of the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

People will write him in.

Depends on the Election Laws of Colorado work.

IF the State of Colorado P01135809 strikes from the ballot, writing him would be to no avile That ballot and/or ballots with P01135809's name on them would be discarded. Ballots with P01135809 could be considered "Spoiled". Such ballots are NOT counted. Also, write in's very seldom if ever win a damn thing.

Last edited:
Im sure hed be butthurt about losing out on a states ballot he has no chance of winning.
I will say if this judge sides with these people, he should be removed from the bench.

It is NOT up to you or any MAGA MAGGOT to decide who hears the Colorado case. The challenge is viable for a reason.

The Judge is siding with the law, which some MAGA MAGGOT's hate.

It is NOT up to you or any MAGA MAGGOT to decide who hears the Colorado case. The challenge is viable for a reason.

The Judge is siding with the law, which some MAGA MAGGOT's hate.
You sound a little tense, Mary. ;)

You should do some reading on the topic. They can decide not to allow a candidate on the ballot but they can't stop that candidate from being written in. Think what that would do to the Republicans down-ballot. I get that your little Orange rage issue will tell you that this is no problem, maybe it's the best news yet.

The reality though is that this will affect one hell of a lot of other issues in that state and that judge is likely to have the case overturned on review. If not, then Trump doesn't win a blue state. Psst... he never had much chance to win in that blue cesspool, to begin with.

The order prohibits parties in the case from making threatening or intimidating statements.

Maybe the judge should prohibit murder as well.

What a worthless POS! It's already illegal...but I'll issue an order to prohibit it anyway.

The Judge is acting to prevent violence, which MAGA is known for.
bs-bs-meter.gif

You sound a little tense, Mary. ;)

You should do some reading on the topic. They can decide not to allow a candidate on the ballot but they can't stop that candidate from being written in. Think what that would do to the Republicans down-ballot. I get that your little Orange rage issue will tell you that this is no problem, maybe it's the best news yet.

The reality though is that this will affect one hell of a lot of other issues in that state and that judge is likely to have the case overturned on review. If not, then Trump doesn't win a blue state. Psst... he never had much chance to win in that blue cesspool, to begin with.
These TDS assholes don't read anything they look at headlines and titles only.

I personally think P01135809 will several have convicting before Election Day.

Because the Constitution does not mention criminal records, a person indicted or convicted of a felony would not be barred from serving in the role so long as he or she meets the other requirements. Mar 21, 2023

Special Prosecutor Jack Smith Adds War Crimes Prosecutor - His Deputy From The Hauge - To Special Counsel Team.

Special counsel Jack Smith has added a veteran war crimes prosecutor — who served as Smith’s deputy during his stint at the Hague — to his team as it prepares to put former President Donald Trump on trial in Washington and Florida.

Alex Whiting worked alongside Smith for three years, helping prosecute crimes against humanity that occurred in Kosovo in the late 1990s. The Yale-educated attorney also worked as a prosecutor with the International Criminal Court from 2010 to 2013. He has taught law classes at Harvard since 2007 as well, hired as an assistant professor by then-Dean Elena Kagan — now a Supreme Court justice — and rising to a visiting professorship in 2013.

Whiting’s precise role on Smith’s team is unclear. A spokesperson for Smith declined to comment, and Whiting did not immediately return requests for comment. The prosecutors’ office in the Hague and Harvard University also did not respond to requests for comment about Whiting’s current employment status.

Forum List

Back