Judge Orders Lesbian Reinstated To Air Force

The Executive, Wry Catcher. The CIC has access to the military advisors, and I'm 99% DADT is nothing but an Executive Order anyway.

Mebbe I'm being overly-cautious, but the effect of this decision seems to me to be to repeal DADT ad hoc. That doesn't seem to be the most orderly way to go about things.

It's amazing how anyone who doesn't agree with gays being allowed in the military gets equated with Sarah Palin.

The Executive, Wry Catcher. The CIC has access to the military advisors, and I'm 99% DADT is nothing but an Executive Order anyway.

Mebbe I'm being overly-cautious, but the effect of this decision seems to me to be to repeal DADT ad hoc. That doesn't seem to be the most orderly way to go about things.

I suppose you might have a different opinion if you got fired under these circumstances.
I don't know your background, but I served, did you? I'm secure enough in my own sexual orientation (for the record I'm married to a women, and have been together for over 35 years), so why do I care who I served with sleeps with? Frankly, some of the "lifers" I served with brought back some nasty little critters from their liberty.
[Do you know how to get rid of crabs? Shave half of your pubic hair, light the other side on fire, and stab the little shits with an ice pick when they run from the fire. Navy humor, circa 1967]

I suppose you might have a different opinion if you got fired under these circumstances.
I don't know your background, but I served, did you? I'm secure enough in my own sexual orientation (for the record I'm married to a women, and have been together for over 35 years), so why do I care who I served with sleeps with? Frankly, some of the "lifers" I served with brought back some nasty little critters from their liberty.
[Do you know how to get rid of crabs? Shave half of your pubic hair, light the other side on fire, and stab the little shits with an ice pick when they run from the fire. Navy humor, circa 1967]

Wry Catcher, I am as supportive of repealing DADT as I can be. Mebbe I'm wrong, but it seems to me if this decision stands, DADT just got repealed by judicial decision. In the months or years until that becomes clear, there'll be some unneeded confusion about where folks stand.

Just is not ideal, is all. This is something Obama said he would do, and he should have done.

Wry Catcher, I am as supportive of repealing DADT as I can be. Mebbe I'm wrong, but it seems to me if this decision stands, DADT just got repealed by judicial decision. In the months or years until that becomes clear, there'll be some unneeded confusion about where folks stand.

Just is not ideal, is all. This is something Obama said he would do, and he should have done.

I don't disagree. That said, the issue in now in the court system. Time will tell if 5-4 decides some Americans are more equal than others.

Wry Catcher, I am happy for this lady, but honestly...is this a decision the judiciary should be making?

Yes. Which branch of government do you believe ought to make this decision?

How about the ones accountable to the people? Why bother having elections if we leave it to the judiciary?

Accountable to which people? Jurists and judges are appointed by elected officials (governors and presidents); our nation is a republic.

I don't disagree. That said, the issue in now in the court system. Time will tell if 5-4 decides some Americans are more equal than others.

Yet another thing we have Obama to thank for. Coward.

Yes. Which branch of government do you believe ought to make this decision?

How about the ones accountable to the people? Why bother having elections if we leave it to the judiciary?

Accountable to which people? Jurists and judges are appointed by elected officials (governors and presidents); our nation is a republic.

Governors don't appoint Federal judges.

The Judiciary has a specific job to rule according to the law. Not create public policy according to their own dictates. Public policy is set by the Legislative Branch with limited influence by the Executive branch.

The fact that you have no problem with a government corrupt enough to step out of its assigned jurisdiction and do the work of the other branches is speaks volumes about your integrity and desire for this nation to remain free.

Yet another thing we have Obama to thank for. Coward.

He's not a coward. In fact it took great courage to run for POTUS in a nation where assassination is a hobby and racism is alive and well. Anyone who denies racism is part and parcel of our country is stupid and/or a liar. That is not a false dichotomy.
Put on his shoes before you judge.

Forum List

Back