Judge Orders Lesbian Reinstated To Air Force

Yet another thing we have Obama to thank for. Coward.

He's not a coward. In fact it took great courage to run for POTUS in a nation where assassination is a hobby and racism is alive and well. Anyone who denies racism is part and parcel of our country is stupid and/or a liar. That is not a false dichotomy.
Put on his shoes before you judge.

It was cowardly of him to promise to repeal DADT and then fail to do so, for fear of "aliening the right". We did not hire him to be a place holder, Wry Catcher.

I may simply have a bit of empathy for someone in his job. Ever been the boss, M?

I have, Wry Catcher but it was a teeny-weeny office. On the other hand, I did not campaign for the Office Of The President by promising things I prompted forgot about, either. I think it's great you feel compassion for Obama. Me, I feel compassion for the GLBT soldiers caught in this cross-fire.

Want sympathy?...Look in the dictionary, somewhere between "shit" and "syphilis".

The GLBT crowd knew what they were getting into when they signed their enlistment contracts or accepted their commissions.

On that day you become property...You have no rights...The military is a jurisdiction unto itself.

Bush was as liberal as LBJ.

The Confederate slaves weren't under military jurisdiction.

Progressives, including you, are still dingbat dopes.

And insults make for very unconvincing arguments.

Gay rights will be victorious, just like the rights of blacks and women before them.

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal..."
I'm not worried about convincing stupid assholes like you.

The military has never been under the jurisdiction of civilian courts, insofar as trifling internal policy matters like this are concerned.

Oh...Did I mention that you're ignorant, as well as a stupid asshole?

LMAO.
Oddude, you and gunny been smoking some crack tonight?

Bush was as liberal as LBJ.

The Confederate slaves weren't under military jurisdiction.

Progressives, including you, are still dingbat dopes.

And insults make for very unconvincing arguments.

Gay rights will be victorious, just like the rights of blacks and women before them.

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal..."

Being black for a black man is normal.

No one doubts that females should have all the same rights as males.

In both instances, there is nothing abnormal in nature.

Homos in the military is in essence, as abnormal as homosexuality itself is. Therefore your comparison is horse shit.

The civilian judge has zero jurisdiction over the military. I know. I spent eight years in the military, and I know for a fact that once I'm on base, I'm in a completely different world with different laws. Civilian cops can NOT come on that base after me unless they are ALLOWED to by the military, and vice versa, military police have no authority off base. They are two entirely separate entities. The activist judge is simply making a statement, which is, "I'm a homosexual agenda supporter," and nothing more. He has NO authority what so ever reinstate anyone to any branch of the military.

Last edited:
"Homos in the military is in essence, as abnormal as homosexuality itself is. Therefore your comparison is horse shit."

What determines "abnormal"?

FOXNews.com - Judge Orders Lesbian Reinstated to Air Force

TACOMA, Wash. -- A federal judge says the Air Force violated the constitutional rights of a highly decorated flight nurse when it discharged her for being gay, and ordered that she be given her job back as soon as possible.

U.S. District Judge Ronald Leighton issued his highly anticipated ruling Friday in the case of former Maj. Margaret Witt. She was discharged under the "don't ask, don't tell" policy on gays serving in the military and sued to get her job back.

In 2008, a federal appeals court panel ruled in her case that the military can't discharge people for being gay unless it proves their firing furthered military goals.

After a six-day trial, the judge said testimony proved Witt was an outstanding nurse and her reinstatement would do nothing to hurt unit morale.

Judge orders lesbian reinstated to Air Force | Latest National Headlines | News from For...

BY GENE JOHNSON
Associated Press Writer
TACOMA, Wash. — A federal judge ruled Friday that a decorated flight nurse discharged from the Air Force for being gay should be given her job back as soon as possible in the latest legal setback to the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy.
The decision by U.S. District Judge Ronald Leighton came in a closely watched case as a tense debate has been playing out over the policy. Senate Republicans blocked an effort to lift the ban this week, but Leighton is now the second federal judge this month to deem the policy unconstitutional.
<more>

Read more: Judge orders lesbian reinstated to Air Force | Latest National Headlines | News from For...

I'm sure the homophob's at this site are pissing pink right now over this. This ruling is the second victory for this month for people opposed to DADT.

And just to add salt to this wound let me add this.

Con Jobs, Tea Hadists and Repugs love to site legal decisions in their posts, especially when the judge making the ruling is a Carter Appointee or Clinton Appointee (They feel that when a judge appointed by a Democrat rules against an issue that progressives support it means something).

Well guess what you Con Jobs, Tea Haters and Repugs...U.S. District Judge Ronald Leighton was appointed by none other than.....wait for it.....any second now....President George Bush. The shrub appointed Judge Leighton in 2002.

This is not "Some Liberal Activist Judge." But a judge with a strong Conservative Background, appointed by a Repuglican President.

Makes me feel good ALL OVER.

They have been covering this a lot here, she is from Spokane.
I think it is great.

I was watching a show last night where they were discussing DADT. I think it is funny we will serve with other countries that all allow gays in the military, but complain it will affect our troops if we allow it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Cal
As mentioned on the other two threads about it, this abuse of power of the judiciary is not something to celebrate just because you like the outcome. This is a public policy issue that should be determined by the Other branches of the government. The Judiciary is overreaching it's bounds.

The fact that there are so many people who have no problem with unelected individuals making policy decisions for us that are clearly the perogative of the elected branches of government is very disturbing. The more you circumvent the legitimate process, the more you undermine our system of government and move us toward a totalitarian dictatorship.

If a law is passed that is unconstitutional I am quite alright with a federal judge ruling on it.

As mentioned on the other two threads about it, this abuse of power of the judiciary is not something to celebrate just because you like the outcome. This is a public policy issue that should be determined by the Other branches of the government. The Judiciary is overreaching it's bounds.

The fact that there are so many people who have no problem with unelected individuals making policy decisions for us that are clearly the perogative of the elected branches of government is very disturbing. The more you circumvent the legitimate process, the more you undermine our system of government and move us toward a totalitarian dictatorship.
I don't understand how people can be happy about our country sliding into a "judiciary dictatorship" :cuckoo:

I get pretty frustrated at the ignorance of the reactions to the Judicial branch. The judge didn't change the policy for everyone dumbass. The role of the judiciary is part of the checks and balances system so it must weigh legislation and the Constitution. That's the fucking Judicial job.

I don't understand how people can be happy about our country sliding into a "judiciary dictatorship" :cuckoo:

You're full of shit. When a judge makes a ruling you like it's called "upholding the law" but when you disagree with a ruling it's labeled "judicial dictatorship."

You fucking jackasses should take a Civics 101 test before posting to help reduce the illumination of yoiur vast ignorance.

Lets here it for those damned activist judges :clap2:

The fact that the armed services discrininate against gay Americans who are committing no crime should have been settled years ago

I don't see how unconstitutional actions from the judiciary are anything to celebrate.

But then I don't really want a dictatorship either.

Forum List

Back