Free iPhone or Evo Android for Signing Up

kwc57

BOHICA Obama
Jul 13, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Well HELL!!! If I'd known Uncle Sam was giving away iPhones as part of basic training, I would have saved me some green and signed up! :lol:

Hey Soldier — You’re In the Smart-Phone Army Now! - Swampland - TIME.com

Remember how the Army would pretty much issue only uniforms and boots to recruits who showed up for basic training? Well, some lucky soldiers will soon be getting something extra -- an iPhone or a similarly smart phone. "We actually have a pilot study going on right now where we're issuing these things to soldiers in basic training," Lieut. General Mark Hertling said as he pulled his iPhone from a camouflaged shoulder pocket at breakfast Tuesday. Several hundred newbie troops at Missouri's Fort Leonard Wood and Oklahoma's Fort Sill will soon get either the popular Apple gimcrack or an Evo Android smart phone to make their transition into the Army go a little more smoothly. "It has everything a soldier needs to know," Hertling says.........

I love the smell of burning taxpayers money in the morning.

Oh wait... that's not what I love the smell of.

Well HELL!!! If I'd known Uncle Sam was giving away iPhones as part of basic training, I would have saved me some green and signed up! :lol:

Remember how the Army would pretty much issue only uniforms and boots to recruits who showed up for basic training? Well, some lucky soldiers will soon be getting something extra -- an iPhone or a similarly smart phone. "We actually have a pilot study going on right now where we're issuing these things to soldiers in basic training," Lieut. General Mark Hertling said as he pulled his iPhone from a camouflaged shoulder pocket at breakfast Tuesday. Several hundred newbie troops at Missouri's Fort Leonard Wood and Oklahoma's Fort Sill will soon get either the popular Apple gimcrack or an Evo Android smart phone to make their transition into the Army go a little more smoothly. "It has everything a soldier needs to know," Hertling says.........

You wonna get banned? Get this shit off my board .......

Reminds me of the song the shorts would sing, as they'd get blitzed with "candy", as the end of their hitches approached (to the Bridge on the River Kwai tune)...

Re-up,you'll get a brand new car...

Re-up, show what a fool you are..

Re-up, I'd rather throw up...:lol::lol::lol:

You wonna get banned? Get this shit off my board .......

Seriously Gunny, did you need an iPhone app to read manuals for your basic training? Wouldn't you prefer the government spend money to purchase body armor over cell phones? The issue of iPhones has nothing to do with keeping in touch with loved ones at home.

"Soldiers will not only get the phones for free -- Uncle Sam will also pick up the monthly bill. But the troops will have to return them once they've finished their training, at least in the pilot program. "In the future, soldiers could potentially keep the phone for their entire Army career," an Army official said Wednesday. They might also get extra money to help pay the monthly charges.

The growing "Apps for Army" library (A4A, in Army-speak) include the Soldier's Blue Book -- the basic details of the service -- physical training and first aid manuals, an app detailing the seven Army values -- loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity and personal courage -- and a "mood tracker" that lets a soldier monitor his or her psychological well-being. If the soldier is too despondent to report to P.T., there'll be an app to submit a sick-leave request."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back