Judge finds NC ‘Choose Life’ plates unconstitutional

massachusetts offers a choose life plate, but not a choice plate, and has for a number of years.
https://secure.rmv.state.ma.us/SpecialPlates/pltShow.aspx

Don't see many of them and forgot they existed. Just noticed they have a Fenway Park one.

My point in questioning this is whether state money even goes into the vanity plate. I know we pay extra for ours and it goes to the cause.

Also what if I oppose any of the other "causes"? Do I get a Fed judge to stop the plate from happening?

the difference seems to be that any group in mass can request and be granted specialty plates, provided they meet a production threshold of 1500, but in nc only the legislature can propose specialty plates.

firstamendmentcenter.org: analysis

Thanks Del. Sorry for being a lazy ass on this. I usually do my own digging but alas I let you. Thanks for the info. State by state as it should be imo.

Last edited:
Judge finds NC ‘Choose Life’ plates unconstitutional | MyFOX8.com

RALEIGH, N.C. – A federal judge has ruled it is unconstitutional for North Carolina to issue pro-life license plates unless the state offers similar plates supporting abortion rights.

U.S. District Court Judge James C. Fox ruled on Friday that North Carolina cannot produce or distribute the “Choose Life” plate.

Holy Shit!!

What goes on in these backwards red states?

Thank God for the federal courts.

Red State? It will be in January but until then the dems have the Governor, the LT Governor and one of the Houses. So guess who oked the plates?

Further until a couple years ago it was unheard of for the republicans to control any of the State offices or the Legislature. The Democrats have done such a good job of running this state into the ground that it was a clean sweep in November.

RALEIGH, N.C. – A federal judge has ruled it is unconstitutional for North Carolina to issue pro-life license plates unless the state offers similar plates supporting abortion rights.

U.S. District Court Judge James C. Fox ruled on Friday that North Carolina cannot produce or distribute the “Choose Life” plate.

Good. Glad to hear it.

Tax payer dollars shouldn't be used to endorse one opinion over another.
Tell that to the weirdo gays.

Good. Glad to hear it.

They're here, they're queer, get used to it.

Regards from Rosie

Good. Glad to hear it.

Gays aren't an opinion, gays are a fact.

So are stds, child abuse, spousal abuse, and smelly farts.

Do you have a point?

Good. Glad to hear it.

Choose death would be the other opinion? Kind of negative.

They are vanity plates in Ohio where the consumer pays extra for them. According to the site, "$20.00 of the total plate cost will go towards funding eligible private, nonprofit organizations that provide services committed to counseling pregnant women about the option of adoption."

ODPS | BMV | Special License Plates

In other words, pro life groups who will guilt the woman into giving birth.

So are stds, child abuse, spousal abuse, and smelly farts.

Do you have a point?

You can cure stds and find the cause of your smelly farts, get some help for child and spousal abuse but when it comes to gay people, there isn't one fucking thing you can do about it.

I don't want to do anything about it. The erosion of the family will continue, child abuse, sexual dysfunction, sexually transmitted diseases will continue to run rampant, and you loons will continue to think it's the coolest thing since sliced bread.

You're disgusting. That's all. Be as disgusting as you like. But don't dip into my pocket to pay for any of it.

When did free speech hinge on the notion of equality of message?

Now that I think about this...it could be a good thing. Maybe in the name of this judges idea of fairness, we can now force news agencies to ask the Democrats the exact same questions they ask the Republicans, or face going out of business.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back