This is how whites play with the law

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
It's time whites like many here understand that we know how you play with the law.

President Trump’s New Judicial Nominee Is ‘Moral Poison’
By William J. Barber II

President Donald Trump’s pick for a lifetime seat on the federal bench in North Carolina is the latest sign of how our politics have descended. A white man with a 30-year record of white supremacy receiving the unqualified support of the President and our state’s two U.S. senators, while two qualified African-American women cannot even get a hearing, is not merely bad politics. It is moral poison. More than 50 years after the passage of the now-defunct Voting Rights Act, how can North Carolina still be stuck in this moral ditch?

One prime reason is Thomas Farr, the Raleigh attorney
Trump nominated for a judicial appointment to the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina. I’ve spent my whole life in North Carolina, and I know Farr. I know what he’s done, what he stands for and just how detrimental he will be to his constituents if confirmed.

Farr has been the lead attorney in a series of recent legislative efforts to
suppress political participation by African Americans in the state. In 2010, Farr advised the General Assembly in what federal courts later termed a “racial gerrymander” of North Carolina House, Senate and U.S. Congressional districts. In separate lawsuits, each of these redistricting plans was determined to have discriminated against African-American voters.

In 2013, the North Carolina General Assembly
enacted a bill that shortened early voting, required voters to present government-issued IDs and eliminated same-day voter registration and out-of-precinct voting — all of which are techniques known to suppress voters. Farr advised the legislature on the bill and then became lead counsel in a three-year battle to defend it. Federal courts ruled the law unconstitutional and an attempt to disenfranchise African-American voters “with almost surgical precision.”

The law says a president can appoint judges. So the president appoints a judge as the laws states. But he purposefully appoints a judge with this mans record and it is apparent why.

I don't know much about Farr, but from what I've read he sounds like an asshole. That said, politicians play with the law. It's not a black and white thing.

It's time whites like many here understand that we know how you play with the law.

By William J. Barber II

President Donald Trump’s pick for a lifetime seat on the federal bench in North Carolina is the latest sign of how our politics have descended. A white man with a 30-year record of white supremacy receiving the unqualified support of the President and our state’s two U.S. senators, while two qualified African-American women cannot even get a hearing, is not merely bad politics. It is moral poison. More than 50 years after the passage of the now-defunct Voting Rights Act, how can North Carolina still be stuck in this moral ditch?

Trump nominated for a judicial appointment to the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina. I’ve spent my whole life in North Carolina, and I know Farr. I know what he’s done, what he stands for and just how detrimental he will be to his constituents if confirmed.

suppress political participation by African Americans in the state. In 2010, Farr advised the General Assembly in what federal courts later termed a “racial gerrymander” of North Carolina House, Senate and U.S. Congressional districts. In separate lawsuits, each of these redistricting plans was determined to have discriminated against African-American voters.

enacted a bill that shortened early voting, required voters to present government-issued IDs and eliminated same-day voter registration and out-of-precinct voting — all of which are techniques known to suppress voters. Farr advised the legislature on the bill and then became lead counsel in a three-year battle to defend it. Federal courts ruled the law unconstitutional and an attempt to disenfranchise African-American voters “with almost surgical precision.”

The law says a president can appoint judges. So the president appoints a judge as the laws states. But he purposefully appoints a judge with this mans record and it is apparent why.

required voters to present government-issued IDs and eliminated same-day voter registration and out-of-precinct voting — all of which are techniques known to suppress voters.

required voters to present government-issued IDs and eliminated same-day voter registration and out-of-precinct voting — all of which are techniques known to suppress fraudulent voters.

I don't know much about Farr, but from what I've read he sounds like an asshole. That said, politicians play with the law. It's not a black and white thing.

I agree with most of what you say with the exception of the last sentence..

By William J. Barber II

required voters to present government-issued IDs and eliminated same-day voter registration and out-of-precinct voting — all of which are techniques known to suppress voters.

required voters to present government-issued IDs and eliminated same-day voter registration and out-of-precinct voting — all of which are techniques known to suppress fraudulent voters.

Federal courts ruled the law unconstitutional and an attempt to disenfranchise African-American voters “with almost surgical precision.”

By William J. Barber II

You’re on your own with ‘whites’ – but this is what conservatives and Republicans do: suppress votes and seek to disenfranchise voters.

The likes of Thomas Farr is yet another example of conservatives’ contempt for the right to vote and the rule of law, and the right’s desire to undermine the political process and our democratic institutions.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Why are African Americans and only African Americans too stupid to get identification?
The only thing stupid is this post.

Blacks of a certain age who live mostly the South lack particular documents new state laws require to obtain IDs.

Note that these are African-American voters who are lawfully registered to vote and have been voting for decades, but are not allowed to vote because they are unable to obtain IDs through no fault of their own.

Republicans attempt to exploit this in an effort to disenfranchise minority voters Republicans perceive to be likely Democratic voters.

African-Americans’ contempt for the GOP is more than justified.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

By William J. Barber II

Wrong.

There is no evidence of voter ‘fraud’ through identity theft that justifies voter ID laws.

If a voter is lawfully registered to vote and is indicated to be eligible to vote in the voter registration records, then he should be allowed to vote absent providing ID.

If elections officials suspect a particular voter is attempting to commit identity fraud, such situations should be addressed on a case by case basis.

The idiotic conservative notion that everyone should be presumed guilty of ‘fraud’ and compelled prove he’s innocent is as un-Constitutional as it is wrong.

By William J. Barber II

You’re on your own with ‘whites’ – but this is what conservatives and Republicans do: suppress votes and seek to disenfranchise voters.

The likes of Thomas Farr is yet another example of conservatives’ contempt for the right to vote and the rule of law, and the right’s desire to undermine the political process and our democratic institutions.

I write many whites here because many whites here are racists. Not all and if you are white, not you. But I refuse to let these racists control me by whining about me saying whites. I realize you are not doing that, but this is a message to those who try.

By William J. Barber II

Federal courts ruled the law unconstitutional and an attempt to disenfranchise African-American voters “with almost surgical precision.”

Dem poor black folks cain't be expected to get no photo ID....dat be jes laik Jim Crow all over again.

By William J. Barber II

Wrong.

There is no evidence of voter ‘fraud’ through identity theft that justifies voter ID laws.

If a voter is lawfully registered to vote and is indicated to be eligible to vote in the voter registration records, then he should be allowed to vote absent providing ID.

If elections officials suspect a particular voter is attempting to commit identity fraud, such situations should be addressed on a case by case basis.

The idiotic conservative notion that everyone should be presumed guilty of ‘fraud’ and compelled prove he’s innocent is as un-Constitutional as it is wrong.

Then Dems won't lose any votes where it is implemented.

By William J. Barber II

Wrong.

Then Dems won't lose any votes where it is implemented.

People aren't getting purged from rolls because they aren't showing IDs. The courts have ruled, so you don't matter.

By William J. Barber II

Dem poor black folks cain't be expected to get no photo ID....dat be jes laik Jim Crow all over again.

please point out his white supremacy specifics..why is he a white supremacist?

.....Obama nominated TWO blacks in a row for AG--but blacks graduate high school at lower levels, meaning even less are qualified for college--and they graduate college at lower rates = less are qualified for those positions = OBAMA is worse than Trump by YOUR reasoning!!hahahahhaha
..Obama is a racist/hates whites:
thinks white women are not good enough
Review | Before Michelle, Barack Obama asked another woman to marry him. Then politics got in the way.
....hates whites/cops = sent his BLACK AG to comfort the family of a BLACK criminal that attacked a WHITE cop
..went to the racist/America hating Rev Wright for YEARS

....Obama is the black racist--I've linked/documented this many times on USMB

What's an "African American?" Is that like someone born in Africa that moved to America, and they don't know how to get an ID?

Must be pretty stupid.

Forum List

Back