Judge bars lesser charges in abortion doc death

Killing in the name of God and planning it beforehand doesn't excuse you from the charge of murder. Though after his years of sitting in a jail cell, perhaps one day he and God can discuss it.

I agree with the judge, he admitted killing him, and it was premeditated.
Me too. It was a no brainer. I saw the guy in the news. Very benign looking. Not too bright sounding.
You never know what evil people are carrying in the hearts. Or what evil people are willing to put in the hearts of not so bright people.

This guy is screwed.

The judge wouldn't let him use the "necessary" defense and now won't let the jury consider voluntary manslaughter rather than first degree murder.

Me thinks he should have done a better job of listening to what God had to say before he pulled that trigger.

Immie

Me thinks he should have done a better job of listening to what God had to say before he pulled that trigger.

Immie
Did he claim to hear voices? if he did, he would be a slam dunk for an insanity plea in the UK, he may also be judged unfit to enter a plea:lol:

Last edited:

Immie
Did he claim to hear voices? if he did, he would be a slam dunk for an insanity plea in the UK, he may also be judged unfit to enter a plea:lol:

Hehe,

Don't know if he claimed to hear "God" or Beelzebub ;) speak, but clearly he didn't listen to God.

Knowing what little I do about the case, I would have to say that insanity only fits in that anyone who murders another person in cold blood and then claims it was a necessity is insane.

Immie

Immie

Hehe,

Don't know if he claimed to hear "God" or Beelzebub ;) speak, but clearly he didn't listen to God.

Knowing what little I do about the case, I would have to say that insanity only fits in that anyone who murders another person in cold blood and then claims it was a necessity is insane.

Immie
It is the duty of his lawyer in the UK to instruct him how to plead, I seem to remember that is also the case in the US.

The difference is that in the UK if a client informs his lawyer that he is guilty, they lawyer must advise him to plead guilty, this I believe does not apply in the US.

Perhaps his lawyer hears voices.:eek:

Ps I think we should do away with due process in this case and water-board the ****.

Last edited:
no need, he was found guilty of murder 1, they should now give him life in prison.

To satisfy the hang em high brigade, they should put him in a womans prison, in a cell with a butch radical feminist and provide her with a massive strap on and grit contaminated lubricant:eusa_angel:

no need, he was found guilty of murder 1, they should now give him life in prison.

Nobody should be sentenced to life for premeditated murder.

Why should we pay for his room and board for the rest of his life?

Hang him if you belief his acts were so heinous.

He also didn't seem to sorry about what he did.
Not at all. He seemed to be satisfied that he had pleased his god and whoever else had encouraged him to think that is what his god wanted him to do.

☭proletarian☭;1954419 said:

Thank God. There was quite the controversy in these parts (I am close to Wichita) when the judge said he would consider the "justifiable homicide" argument.

Can you imagine the precedent that would set for future assassins?

And make no mistake, this wasn't just a murder, it was an assassination.

Immie

I would venture to guess that Roeder objected to opting for the insanity plea. He wants to be a matyr. He's not different from the fucking kooks that strap bombs onto themselves and detonate them in large crowds.

He is an assassin, pure and simple. It took the Jury 37 minutes to find him guilty.

Activist Roeder convicted of abortion provider's murder - CNN.com

Immie

I would venture to guess that Roeder objected to opting for the insanity plea. He wants to be a matyr. He's not different from the fucking kooks that strap bombs onto themselves and detonate them in large crowds.
I concur, I dont agree with state sanctioned Murder(Capital Punishment) but it is the law of your land.

Why give him the pleasure of his own crucifiction.

The insanity bit only works if the person does not know right from wrong. This guy knew that killing is wrong, because he chose to not hit him with a car, as it would put other people in danger, besides the doctor- the only one he WANTED to do harm to.

Also, death penalty is far more expensive than a life sentence, because of the appeals process, so arguing for this to be the best thing to do on the basis of fiscal responsibility is a complete joke. This is why we generally reserve executions for people who kill more than one person.

He also didn't seem to sorry about what he did.
Not at all. He seemed to be satisfied that he had pleased his god and whoever else had encouraged him to think that is what his god wanted him to do.
is that not enough to prove insanity, on the premise that he believes in god.

His lack of remorse is a symptom of him being a sociopath, sure- but sociopaths are generally considered to be overall sane. Sanity is based on whether the person knows right from wrong. Sociopaths generally know right from wrong, they just don't care as much, because they dont feel emotions as strongly as a normal healthy person will. Some sociopaths are totally non emotional, and do not know right from wrong, and those ones are obviously insane.

He might even be an antisocial personality disordered person, because he seems to feel as though he is above the law- which is textbook behavior for an antisocial PD person.

This guy knew that what he was doing was wrong ,in any event, so no he is definitely not insane, by court standards, even if he has a mental illness.

I concur, I dont agree with state sanctioned Murder(Capital Punishment) but it is the law of your land.

Why give him the pleasure of his own crucifiction.

I concur with your concurrences.

Forum List

Back