Judge Bans Use Of “Illegal” and “Aliens”

no--something about being run out of town would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

I know what you mean. I chose to move from a bad situation and I felt that I was being run out of town. What it gets down to is 'choose your battles' and something akin to 'is this the hill you want to die on". For me, I decided to move.

It was a property issue for me too.

I feel for your situation. What I finally came to was nothing was worth the level of aggravation I experienced daily. I sold my place, we moved, I bought another and it has been the best choice all around.

Your new avatar also bears an uncanny resemblance to a certain female part.

Really? You've got a thing about my avatars.
Well look at it, and then you tell me... :eusa_eh:

I'm open to new ideas. We haven't considered open borders.
This is a sovereign nation. Why should we?

Does our current immigration policy work well? I don't think so.
Maybe we ought to try enforcing our laws once and find out. As it is we don't, so you can't blame it on our laws. However, you can blame it on our government for looking the other way.

We have good immigration laws, we just need to enforce them. The only thing I'd do away with is anchor babies.

Last edited:
On a practical level, consider the size of our border and the cost of fencing it in.

On the contrary, the cost of the illegal tidal wave we're already bearing is far more than a one time price for a fence.

Take a look at your own state. The illegal aliens are costing you poor slobs dearly. If I was you, I wouldn't be on here trying to blow smoke up people's rear ends talking nonsense about open borders and amnesty, I'd be doing quite the opposite...

Cost of illegal immigration in California estimated at nearly $9 billion

By: EDWARD SIFUENTES - Staff Writer | Sunday, December 5, 2004 9:22 PM PST ∞

California's nearly 3 million illegal immigrants cost taxpayers nearly $9 billion each year, according to a new report released last week by the Federation for American Immigration Reform, a Washington, D.C.-based group that promotes stricter immigration policies.

Educating the children of illegal immigrants is the largest cost, estimated at $7.7 billion each year, according to the report. Medical care for illegal immigrants and incarceration of those who have committed crimes are the next two largest expenses measured in the study, the author said.

Pro-immigrant groups and Latino researchers dispute the federation's findings, calling them biased and incomplete.

Jack Martin, who wrote the report, said Thursday that the $9 billion figure does not include other expenses that are difficult to measure, such as special English instruction, school lunch programs, and welfare benefits for American workers displaced by illegal immigrant workers.

"It's a bottom of the range number," Martin said

Cost of illegal immigration in California estimated at nearly $9 billion : North County Times - Californian

Last edited:
Miami was already a ghetto. :lol:
Who the hell are you kidding ?
No it wasn't. But even if it had been, what difference does that make? People struggled with their prejudice here and people are still prejudiced, but overall, the immigrant population has thrived.

Do you also post here as William Joyce?

I'd be in favor of collapsing the drug tunnels on them, or just shooting them on sight, the way the Mexican government polices its southern border.

It's not that I don't sympathize with the ones who genuinely just want to escape a lousy situation. I do. On the other hand, I think if you're going to risk your life flouting the law, perhaps you should do so in service of improving your OWN country, rather than fleeing it and screwing up someone else's country.
That's beautiful. Kill people that want to make enough money to feed their kids. This is the attitude that is destroying the Republican party. Please keep up the good work. Most of my latino friends that used to support the GOP have all recoiled in horror from them recently.

:lol:

That's beautiful. Kill people that want to make enough money to feed their kids. This is the attitude that is destroying the Republican party. Please keep up the good work. Most of my latino friends that used to support the GOP have all recoiled in horror from them recently.

:lol:

If they can't afford to feed their kids, why are they having them????

I can understand people who already have kids that get into situations where they can't support them, but let's face it, it's not our job to pay for YOUR kids. Besides, a great majority of these people don't come here because they can't feed their kids. They come here to have kids so that they can collect money on them. Plus, it's costs them $200 to have a baby in Mexico, they can use our hospitals for free.

If they can't afford to feed their kids, why are they having them????

I can understand people who already have kids that get into situations where they can't support them, but let's face it, it's not our job to pay for YOUR kids. Besides, a great majority of these people don't come here because they can't feed their kids. They come here to have kids so that they can collect money on them. Plus, it's costs them $200 to have a baby in Mexico, they can use our hospitals for free.

Not to mention that we aren't talking about people "trying to provide for their kids", as though they're just selling newspapers on the street corner or flipping burgers somewhere. We're talking about people whose method of providing for their children involves breaking the law. If someone decides to "provide for his children" by robbing 7-11s or mugging old ladies, do I think that should in any way mitigate the cops blowing his ass away?

To say I'm a little disappointed by posters on this board, is a understatement. Hyperbole. Racist thugs building fences to the other extreme, open boarders and quisling-collaborators sell outs. It isn't quite that simple, is it? Things never are. There is a better way of looking at this issue. It's about respect, and it works BOTH ways. Immigration and immigrants built this country. So did greed and exploitation . Hiring these people and overlooking their failure to immigrate legally is just as despicable. It's exploitation and it is Faustian bargain. It's not humanitarian, it's GREED. And hypocrisy . Hypocrisy has been a touchstone of America. Let's end that. Perhaps expecting people to immigrate LEGALLY isn't silly, maybe it's human need for respect. Immigrate legally, it is all we ask. Humor us, it's a little game we like to play. Do that, and acclimate, (WHY NOT?), and we welcome all comers. Otherwise, this little cyclical debate will never end. I think we all want the same thing in the end.

To say I'm a little disappointed by posters on this board, is a understatement. Hyperbole. Racist thugs building fences to the other extreme, open boarders and quisling-collaborators sell outs. It isn't quite that simple, is it? Things never are. There is a better way of looking at this issue. It's about respect, and it works BOTH ways. Immigration and immigrants built this country. So did greed and exploitation . Hiring these people and overlooking their failure to immigrate legally is just as despicable. It's exploitation and it is Faustian bargain. It's not humanitarian, it's GREED. And hypocrisy . Hypocrisy has been a touchstone of America. Let's end that. Perhaps expecting people to immigrate LEGALLY isn't silly, maybe it's human need for respect. Immigrate legally, it is all we ask. Humor us, it's a little game we like to play. Do that, and acclimate, (WHY NOT?), and we welcome all comers. Otherwise, this little cyclical debate will never end. I think we all want the same thing in the end.

We can't welcome all comers. We have limited resources. Would you welcome so many people into your home that you run out of food for your own family?

People struggled with their prejudice here and people are still prejudiced, but overall, the immigrant population has thrived.

Are you freaking kidding me? I've worked in Miami. Go and visit Miami Gardens, and see how the native blacks have thrived. High crime, overcrowded schools, and the thriving immigrants have replaced them economically. Miami has experienced massive white flight. It's a great place to live if you have the means, but if you don't, it's hell...bad schools, high crime. The Haitian community is doing great, if you consider murdering each other in the streets great. Miami is one of the main reasons why I oppose unchecked illegal immigration. Do you know that Miami has more HIDTAs (High Intensity Drug Trafficking Areas) than almost any other major city in the country?

Last edited:
We can't welcome all comers. We have limited resources. Would you welcome so many people into your home that you run out of food for your own family?

Howdy, Sheila. Yes, I meant what I said. LEGAL immigrants are always welcome, they are so few are far between and besides the point. I hope you are not confusing ALL immigrants with illegal aliens...we aren't arguing semantics here. Big difference. like apples and.....snails or something. Of course, you are preaching to the pope, sister. I get it, and then some.

Are you freaking kidding me? I've worked in Miami. Go and visit Miami Gardens, and see how the native blacks have thrived. High crime, overcrowded schools, and the thriving immigrants have replaced them economically. Miami has experienced massive white flight. It's a great place to live if you have the means, but if you don't, it's hell...bad schools, high crime.
Well, Kitty, last time I checked Miami Gardens wasn't a sanctuary city. So your point escapes me.

No, we really don't all want the same thing in the end. If we did, this wouldn't be such a thorny argument.

Howdy, Sheila. Yes, I meant what I said. LEGAL immigrants are always welcome, they are so few are far between and besides the point. I hope you are not confusing ALL immigrants with illegal aliens...we aren't arguing semantics here. Big difference. like apples and.....snails or something. Of course, you are preaching to the pope, sister. I get it, and then some.

"Legal immigrants are welcome" is not the same as "welcome all comers". We have limits and requirements on who we will allow to immigrate here. We used to have even higher standards on that than we do now. We're not looking to become the world's homeless shelter and soup kitchen, nor should we.

"Legal immigrants are welcome" is not the same as "welcome all comers". We have limits and requirements on who we will allow to immigrate here. We used to have even higher standards on that than we do now. We're not looking to become the world's homeless shelter and soup kitchen, nor should we.

Just when I thought the pro-illegal alien crowd was petty and splitting hairs, I get this crap. I'm so glad those same high standards included my great grand parents that immigrated here from Germany. They didn't speak English, but they and their children learned and they didn't have TELEMUNDO or some weasels pandering to them , and they couldn't bloody well swim the Atlantic either like these illegals walk over the Rio Grande. Those legal IMMIGRANTS are the people I refer to, Cecile. Let me ask YOU: aren't you here because past relatives immigrated here legally? That is what this issue is all about. Don't twist it around.

Just when I thought the pro-illegal alien crowd was petty and splitting hairs, I get this crap. I'm so glad those same high standards included my great grand parents that immigrated here from Germany. They didn't speak English, but they and their children learned and they didn't have TELEMUNDO or some weasels pandering to them , and they couldn't bloody well swim the Atlantic either like these illegals walk over the Rio Grande. Those legal IMMIGRANTS are the people I refer to, Cecile. Let me ask YOU: aren't you here because past relatives immigrated here legally? That is what this issue is all about. Don't twist it around.

We did allow pretty much unfettered immigration for a short period of time. We now allow more legal immigration than all other countries combined. We have limited resources. When my father was stationed in England, our family took in an Hungarian couple that fled Hungary when the communists took over. This was in 1956. It didn't matter than my father was career Air Force. It didn't matter that both he and my mother were American citizens, they couldn't get our friends into our own country. They ended up living their lives out in Canada. We have limited resources. We can't open our doors to everyone. Again, are you going to welcome so many people into your home that you run out of food to feed your own family? That's what it's coming to here.

One study I read said that with the current level of immigration into this state, we would run out of water by 2016. Can you live without water? Americans have aready limited their children to replacement value, immigrants don't do the same. We have to close our borders until we get control on those that are here. Only when every American that wants a job has one that pays a living wage, should we even consider allowing more people into this country.

This is America, Americans should come first.

Well, Kitty, last time I checked Miami Gardens wasn't a sanctuary city. So your point escapes me.

My point generally escapes you, you have difficulty keeping up. Miami Gardens is one of the largest predominantly black communities in the U.S. Unrestricted immigration has caused urban blacks to fall behind, economically, educationally, and otherwise, because immigration increases the competition for the resources that are already in short supply for them (good jobs, good schools, etc.).

In your zeal to make things wonderful for immigrants, you have clearly forgotten that some Americans have been out-competed, mainly our poorest and most vulnerable citizens....people who don't need more competition since they are already struggling enough.

My point generally escapes you, you have difficulty keeping up. Miami Gardens is one of the largest predominantly black communities in the U.S. Unrestricted immigration has caused urban blacks to fall behind, economically, educationally, and otherwise, because immigration increases the competition for the resources that are already in short supply for them (good jobs, good schools, etc.).

In your zeal to make things wonderful for immigrants, you have clearly forgotten that some Americans have been out-competed, mainly our poorest and most vulnerable citizens....people who don't need more competition since they are already struggling enough.
Oh, you don't have one besides getting on your high horse to pretend that immigration is why the black sections of mdcounty have stayed in poverty for decades. You must really hate black people. And that's sad.

Regardless, we were discussing sanctuary cities. Perhaps next time you'll be able to stay on topic.

Forum List

Back