Juan Williams Has His Say

Disagree. IMO, no matter what he subsequently said, Williams, in a position of authority, said that it is okay to be bigoted against someone because of the way they dress.

It's okay, it's understandable, and there is a logical explanation for why it is both okay and understandable.

Why do you lie so much?
:confused: What lie are you claiming I made?

the one you told up there

They are a federal agency and as such are bound by federal policies.

They're not a federal agency.

They receive public funding from the feds, but this doesn't make them a federal agency.

Explain the difference.

NPR gets 2% of their funding from the Federal Government. They are a radio station.

A government agency is fully funded by the government. They are a government agency.

LOL!!!

And that's your second grade lesson of the day.

They are a federal agency and as such are bound by federal policies.

They receive public funding from the feds, but this doesn't make them a federal agency.

Explain the difference.

Save The Wildflowers applies for and gets a government grant; it remains private under the law, but has certain contractual obligations arising from the grant. Its employees are not added to the federal payroll and the agency enjoys none of the immunities, etc. a government agency receives.

By contrast, if Congress decides the DOI should Save The Wildflowers and creates a subagency to do so, those people are all government employees.

Certain civil rights violations can only be committed by a government employee acting in the scope of his duties; NPR was not a government agency for these purposes.

:rolleyes: I'm bigoted but it is understandable...that is exactly what he said.

Nope.

You just trolling to troll at this point?
No. That is what he said.

No, it's not.

More accurately what he said was:

"I had a bigoted gut reaction, but actually taking the time to analyze it, it makes no sense. This is why we cannot act on gut reactions".

But feel free to pull a Breitbart and chop off everything after the first six words ;)

Explain the difference.

NPR gets 2% of their funding from the Federal Government. They are a radio station.

That's false.

It's actually more than 10%, as much as 28% according to their own chart:

2ynifyt.jpg

About NPR: Public Radio Finances

There's a whole lot of gray area there. How much of the University funding comes from the federal fovernment? How much of the CPB funding comes from the federal government? How much of the grants are federal grants?

So far it's a conglomerated mishmash of claims that can't be backed up with real data - on purpose in my opinion.

A government agency is fully funded by the government. They are a government agency.

LOL!!!

And that's your second grade lesson of the day.

What grade teaches basic colors?

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Explain the difference.

GM received public funds, but they are not a federal agency.

Interesting point. I'm not sure if GM is a federal agency since it was not created by law.

NPR and the CPB were both created by law.

So?

Doesn't matter if they were created by law. This does not make them a federal agency either.

In many states, the law forces the creation and membership in a bar association for lawyers. However, I wouldn't call a bar association a state entity.

GM received public funds, but they are not a federal agency.

Interesting point. I'm not sure if GM is a federal agency since it was not created by law.

NPR and the CPB were both created by law.

So?

Doesn't matter if they were created by law. This does not make them a federal agency either.

In many states, the law forces the creation and membership in a bar association for lawyers. However, I wouldn't call a bar association a state entity.

I understand your point and I agree on the validity. This is one for the courts in my opinion since I think NPR has crossed a line. Time will tell.

Juan Williams will slide deeper and deeper to his true nature...right wing loon.

OMG now I try and refrain from name calling when I can. But you are a fucking idiot honey. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Apparently you think anyone just to the right of the Extreme far left is a right wing loon. Get a grip. Juan is a moderate liberal Democrat through and through.

Apparently for $2 Million he's anyone's whore.

You assume just because he will be on FOX more he will stop being a Moderate Liberal. You assume wrong.

And you have surveyed NPR's programming such that you feel comfy making this declaration?

I suspect you are talking out of your ass here.

WTF is "leftist" about "The Prairie Home Companion", etc.?

I don't waste my time picking apart the schedule of some sad assed radio organization. I don't listen to it, I don't watch Beck, I don't listen to Beck, I don't pay jack shit's worth of attention to pundits on any side.

NPR took $1.8m from Soros a week before they fired Williams. Williams said nothing offensive, inflammatory or bigoted. And, you know what..... when I travel in London during rush hour, I take cabs.

I have never heard it either. BTW, link for the Soros allegation, please?

Are you incapable of using google?

MinnPost-Oct 18th: Today, National Public Radio announced a $1.8 million grant from Soros's Open Society Foundations for an "Impact of Government" initiative that will eventually "add editorial resources and reporters to NPR member stations in all 50 states."

The View | George Soros donates $1.8 million to NPR

I don't waste my time picking apart the schedule of some sad assed radio organization. I don't listen to it, I don't watch Beck, I don't listen to Beck, I don't pay jack shit's worth of attention to pundits on any side.

NPR took $1.8m from Soros a week before they fired Williams. Williams said nothing offensive, inflammatory or bigoted. And, you know what..... when I travel in London during rush hour, I take cabs.

I have never heard it either. BTW, link for the Soros allegation, please?

Are you incapable of using google?

MinnPost-Oct 18th: Today, National Public Radio announced a $1.8 million grant from Soros's Open Society Foundations for an "Impact of Government" initiative that will eventually "add editorial resources and reporters to NPR member stations in all 50 states."

The View | George Soros donates $1.8 million to NPR

Thankies, Charles Main.

OMG now I try and refrain from name calling when I can. But you are a fucking idiot honey. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Apparently you think anyone just to the right of the Extreme far left is a right wing loon. Get a grip. Juan is a moderate liberal Democrat through and through.

Apparently for $2 Million he's anyone's whore.

You assume just because he will be on FOX more he will stop being a Moderate Liberal. You assume wrong.

Time will tell.

Forum List

Back