Joy Reid has blonde hair. She is appropriating white culture

It used to be that all kids were allowed to dress up and pretend to be somebody or something they were not whether that be cowboys or Indians or Obama or Trump or whatever and dress in cultural dress and enjoy traditions of any culture. But according the the 'woke' left, much of that is now 'cultural appropriation' and it is not politically correct, in fact is too often labeled RACIST!!!!!

Joy Reid has been loud and prolific in her rants re 'white privilege', the evils of 'white Christian conservatives', and 'cultural appropriation.'

So while I could give a tinker's damn about what her hair color is, I can see how people could accuse her of a double standard there.

"Cultural Appropriation
Cultural appropriation refers to the use of objects or elements of a non-dominant culture in a way that reinforces stereotypes or contributes to oppression and doesn't respect their original meaning or give credit to their source. It also includes the unauthorized use of parts of their culture (their dress, dance, etc.) without permission."
I really do not know of ANY blondes being oppressed.

She must be cancelled. She is not allowed to have blonde hair. That is for white people!

Why not? If the shoe were on the other foot and you talked black jargon, wore an afro or black face, they'd be all over you. Seems only reasonable that white people should likewise guard and protect things associated with their identity too?

[You should be ashamed of yourself. But won't be.
There is no problem with anyone appropriating anyone else's culture, as long as they do not call it their own, as if they had originated it . Do you also have a problem with black women straightening their hair?]

Inspired by celebrities including FKA twigs and Zoe Kravitz, braids like Jenner’s are gaining popularity across ethnicities. They have been a festival favourite this year, with the back-from-the-forehead cornrow particularly popular. I’m white, and I had my hair braided for the Guardian earlier this year by Keash, a braiding service set up by school friends Taiba Akhuetie, 25, and Jessy Linton, 24.

Akhuetie, whose mother is Nigerian, said she liked the idea of these styles going across races and ethnicities, despite some negative comments from black people. While she is frustrated that braiding might be seen as a trend, rather than something here to stay, she says: “If other people want to appropriate the style, I think that’s a good thing.” She compares white women braiding their hair to the now-commonplace fashion for black women to wear weaves to give the effect of straight, caucasian hair. “Now no one thinks about that,” she says. “Hair is political, definitely, but I hope we get to a point when there’s no segregation.”

Stenberg, who posted a video about cultural appropriation of hairstyles on YouTube earlier this year entitled Don’t Cash Crop On My Cornrows, might have her work cut out campaigning against other non-black women having their hair braided. Kenya Hunt of Elle UK, who regularly writes about black beauty, praises Stenberg as a “really bright young voice”, but says: “I think when it comes to conversations about race and cultural appropriation, we need to pick our battles. We’re seeing people burn down black churches in America right now, people killing young black women and men because of the colour of their skin. Kylie Jenner’s cornrows that she wore for hours? That doesn’t strike me as the battle we need to have.”

(full article online)

When does this stop? How many years and decades do we have to genuflect to the great equity race to oblivion? The Chinese are going to torment us when they take over. They know our location has given us an advantage and we have so many cultures involved to make us great. But our own politicians sold us out. This election will be just a band aid as usual unless some elected step up and get into the faces of McCarthy and McConnell. Hell, we have no choice in who leads the House and Senate again as Repub voters.

>> Joy Reid has blonde hair. She is appropriating white culture
Izzat right.
What the fuck is Orange Crash appropriating then? Cheez Doodles culture?

you may have just surpassed righwinger #3 and bulldog #2 as dumbest poster on this message board . you are now #1 .
Too many posters here cannot answer the topic of the thread and choose to go on an insulting nothingness to show how much of a nothing life and mind they have.

Congratulate yourself for not being able to discuss, debate or anything else, put simply follow the leader, the leader, the leader........

:)

Too many posters here cannot answer the topic of the thread and choose to go on an insulting nothingness to show how much of a nothing life and mind they have.

Congratulate yourself for not being able to discuss, debate or anything else, put simply follow the leader, the leader, the leader........

Is it just me? Or does anyone else here think that sixties fan is attempting to say something?

1666815171798.gif

:boo_hoo14:

Forum List

Back