Joseph McCarthy

It's got the names and its correct.
All the shit you've posted is from blogs and conspiracy theories and a couple of right write writers.
All of them lack even a hint of credibility.

I used your source to point out that the names you listed were investigated by the HUAC.
didn't say they weren't ..McCarthy drew up the list so the responsibility is his alone what branch of government did the investigating is meaningless unless you are playing trivial pursuit .

McCarthy drew up the list the HUAC used years before he took office? Really?
false.
In February 1950, appearing at the Ohio County Women’s Republican Club in Wheeling, West Virginia, McCarthy gave a speech that propelled him into the national spotlight. Waving a piece of paper in the air, he declared that he had a list of 205 known members of the Communist Party who were “working and shaping policy” in the State Department.

The next month, a Senate subcommittee launched an investigation and found no proof of any subversive activity. Moreover, many of McCarthy’s Democratic and Republican colleagues, including President Dwight Eisenhower, disapproved of his tactics (“I will not get into the gutter with this guy,” the president told his aides). Still, the senator continued his so-called Red-baiting campaign. In 1953, at the beginning of his second term as senator, McCarthy was put in charge of the Committee on Government Operations, which allowed him to launch even more expansive investigations of the alleged communist infiltration of the federal government. In hearing after hearing, he aggressively interrogated witnesses in what many came to perceive as a blatant violation of their civil rights. Despite a lack of any proof of subversion, more than 2,000 government employees lost their jobs as a result of McCarthy’s investigations.
Joseph R. McCarthy - Cold War - HISTORY.com

Most but not all of Senator McCarthy’s numbered cases were drawn from the “Lee List” or “108 list” of unresolved DOS security cases compiled by the investigators for the House Appropriates Committee in 1947. Robert E. Lee was the committee’s lead investigator and supervised preparation of the list. The Tydings subcommittee also obtained this list. The Lee list, also using numbers rather than names, was published in the proceeding of the subcommittee.[1]

Senator McCarthy furnished the Tydings Committee the real names attached to his numbered cases, and the Tydings Committee received the real names attached to the Lee list as well.[2] Over the years that followed all of the names became public one way or another.

Additionally, in a series of speeches McCarthy named others as secret Communists, spies, security risks, or participants in the Communist conspiracy. Below these various lists are recapitulated. Only those he named from 1950 through 1952 (prior to become chairman of the Senate Governmental Operations Committee) will be considered here. (All lists will be alphabetical.)
Return to Responses, Reflections and Occasional Papers // Return to Historical Writings

Yeah, except there are a few problems with that.

McCarthy's list in Wheeling was of STATE DEPARTMENT security risks in 1950. The list you keep flashing around is primarily people in HOLLYWOOD investigated by the HUAC in 1947.

Can you see the ways in which this makes no sense?
Again a distinction without a difference. McCarthy was a sentor in 1947 .
And the lists I've posted are 1. Hollywood blacklist
2. The the Lee list aka the 108 list.
3.the Tydings Committee
4. The government operations committee .
Btw tail gunner joe was the chairman .
If you had acually read what I posted you'd have known that but as always you choose to talk out your ass.

"It never happened! I posted about the HUAC in a thread about Joe McCarthy, but I NEVER implied that there was any connection! Why would you think that?! I said that McCarthy made the list the HUAC used, but I never ACTUALLY said it! Why would you think just because I posted the words, they actually meant something?!"

That's what you keep claiming.
not a claim just facts..

Now you admit to it, after denying it...lol
false I never claimed it,, please instead of making shit up please find the quote where I said or inferred etc. that McCarthy was a congress man or sat on the huac committee.
until then you are just talking out your ass ...

Implied, fucknut. Not inferred.

YOU implied it by producing a list of HUAC investigations when asked about McCarthy's victims.

WE inferred by this that you considered those people victims of McCarthy.

Speaking of talking out of your ass . . . Learn English, comrade.
Because they were victims of tail gunner joe.

"It never happened! I posted about the HUAC in a thread about Joe McCarthy, but I NEVER implied that there was any connection! Why would you think that?! I said that McCarthy made the list the HUAC used, but I never ACTUALLY said it! Why would you think just because I posted the words, they actually meant something?!"
Never said that either .huac did use those lists.
So yes there is a connection.
You assholes are attempting to separate his actions during the red scare to be patriotic
It doesn't fly.
Never will.

Last edited:
not a claim just facts..

false I never claimed it,, please instead of making shit up please find the quote where I said or inferred etc. that McCarthy was a congress man or sat on the huac committee.

YOU implied it by producing a list of HUAC investigations when asked about McCarthy's victims.

. . . But in another page or so, you'll be denying that you said it again.

And you're still wrong.

not a claim just facts..

And you're still wrong.
false.
No matter how you spin it .

And you're still wrong.
false.

Oh, well, since YOU say so, that means every bit as much as you saying that McCarthy is responsible for the HUAC.

. . . or as much as anything else you say, come to that.

And you're still wrong.
false.

Oh, well, since YOU say so, that means every bit as much as you saying that McCarthy is responsible for the HUAC.

He is responsible for it.

And you're still wrong.
false.

You being meaningless? I doubt that.

And you're still wrong.
false.

You being meaningless? I doubt that.
if I'm meaningless, why do you keep responding?
slow day in nowhere Ville?

not a claim just facts..

But not victims of the HUAC?

And you're still wrong.
false.

The HUAC could have suspended the investigations at any time. Why didn't they?

not a claim just facts..

both.

And you're still wrong.
false.

they did...
Following Senator McCarthy's censure, however, and his subsequent departure from the Senate, the American public grew increasingly wary of the "redbaiting" techniques employed by HUAC and others. The work of the committee continued to decline in importance throughout the late 1950s and early 1960s until the committee itself was renamed the House Internal Security Committee in 1969, prefiguring its eventual abolition in 1975.

both.

Why are you always crying about McCarthy who--i can't say this enough--didn't anything to do with the HUAC?

And you're still wrong.
false.

they did...
Following Senator McCarthy's censure, however, and his subsequent departure from the Senate, the American public grew increasingly wary of the "redbaiting" techniques employed by HUAC and others. The work of the committee continued to decline in importance throughout the late 1950s and early 1960s until the committee itself was renamed the House Internal Security Committee in 1969, prefiguring its eventual abolition in 1975.

Ohhhh, so even after McCarthy left the Senate, it's still his fault?

McCarthy must have been the most powerful congressman in American history.

both.

Why are you always crying about McCarthy who--i can't say this enough--didn't anything to do with the HUAC?
yes he did ....love the denial though.

false.

they did...

at the time of the red scare he was. denial in 3,,,,2,,,1.

both.

yes he did ....love the denial though.

A senator has absolutely nothing to do with a House committee. Y'all really oughta let that go.

they did...

at the time of the red scare he was. denial in 3,,,,2,,,1.

Denial? You're the one that thinks McCarthy was a member of the HUAC...LOL

Forum List

Back