Jordan didntwin his first NBA titletill he was 29

As a young pup I was born and raised in Raleigh until 1965. Until I took up football basketball was my main game. MJ was one of the best, if not the best, athletes in the world in his prime. NBA is probably the most demanding league ON EARTH.

Didnt didn't do that much at N.Carolina. Carolina was always a winning program.

Lew Alcindor - by contrast - won 3 straight NCAA titles out of 3 possible.

Andwon the NBA title in his 2nd season with the expansion Milwaukee Bucks.

If I had to start a team - I would take Alcindor/Jabbar over Jordan.

You are a retard ginscpy, the only reason Jordan didn't win a title in the 80's is because he didn't have a good enough supporting cast plus the Pistons, Celtics and Lakers were all in their prime in the 80s, those guys were never going to let a young wet behind the ears Michael Jordan steal a title from them.

Right you are!
Hell, he couldn't, or shouldn't, be expected to be the entire team during play time, and some games, MJ scored over half the points by his lonesome!

As a young pup I was born and raised in Raleigh until 1965. Until I took up football basketball was my main game. MJ was one of the best, if not the best, athletes in the world in his prime. NBA is probably the most demanding league ON EARTH.

I very much agree.
And when People Magazine (and Sports Illustrated) came out with their top ever-how-many athletes of all time, Jordan has always been somewhere in the top :clap2:

What makes it the most demanding? I can only assume you mean mentally, since it isn't the most demanding physically.

Kareem was distracted by events in his private life in the mid to late 70s. (his dry spell)

Was (and is) a devout Muslim -religion was more important than basketball. Involved in all sorts of civil rights causes also. Knew Ali.

Owned a rental house in Washington DC - where multiple people were murdered. (don't believe the case has been solved to this day.) Distraction.

Also had BIG- TIME migraine headache spells.

It wasn't until Magic arrived on the scene that he got enthused again. Was just going-through-the-motions until then.

Last edited:
Kareem was distracted by events in his private life in the mid to late 70s. (his dry spell)

Was (and is) a devout Muslim -religion was more important than basketball. Involved in all sorts of civil rights causes also. Knew Ali.

Owned a rental house in Washington DC - where multiple people were murdered. (don't believe the case has been solved to this day.) Distraction.

It wasn't until Magic arrived on the scene that he got enthused again. Was just going-through-the-motions until then.

And your point to all this...is????????
Give me a fucking break dude....I'm on Candid Camera, right?? You're joking with us, cause surely to God you aren't that fucking stupid.
And the above in red, who gives a shit.......I swear, you are talking out your ass :cuckoo:

The Distraction as you so eloquently call it of the murders in Kareem's house were because he was Muslim. Because of his religion. The 5 kids murdered in that house, from a 9 month old to a 10 year old were murdered over a fight between Muslim fanatics (but I repeast myself). Classy.

Headaches? Ya sure, but he is well known weed smoker so those are automatically cancelled out. He smoke dope to clear up the headaches.

Going through the motions does not a great player make. He coasted is what you are saying? He couldn't win a championship without a top 5 (ever) point guard?

He was a dominant player. Put up big numbers (*cough Russell retired, **cough cough**Wilt on the downside**cough) without facing any truly dominant centers. Willis Reed? Ok, power forward. Wes Unseld? Yeah, another power forward. Bill Walton? When healthy Walton owned Kareem with his all-over game control and superb passing (See who won the 1977 NBA Championship).

You're reaching, I think you know this. Kareem is top 5 in the NBA. Top 5! But he is not number 1, that's for Jordan (or perhaps Russell, depending on your mood).

You are a retard ginscpy, the only reason Jordan didn't win a title in the 80's is because he didn't have a good enough supporting cast plus the Pistons, Celtics and Lakers were all in their prime in the 80s, those guys were never going to let a young wet behind the ears Michael Jordan steal a title from them.

Right you are!
Hell, he couldn't, or shouldn't, be expected to be the entire team during play time, and some games, MJ scored over half the points by his lonesome!

I remember him scoring 63 points in the playoffs against the 1986 Celtics, Larry Bird called Michael Jordan God in a basketball uniform.

What makes it the most demanding? I can only assume you mean mentally, since it isn't the most demanding physically.

The NBA season is 82 games not counting the playoffs, it is pretty demanding physically.

Right you are!

I remember him scoring 63 points in the playoffs against the 1986 Celtics, Larry Bird called Michael Jordan God in a basketball uniform.

That game not making SI's top individual performances of all time list was prolly the number one reason amongst many why that list sucked balls.

:rofl:

Have you ever watched Ray Allen play?

Do you see any of those guys wearing pads?

And your point to all this...is????????
Give me a fucking break dude....I'm on Candid Camera, right?? You're joking with us, cause surely to God you aren't that fucking stupid.
And the above in red, who gives a shit.......I swear, you are talking out your ass :cuckoo:

Unfortunatly Dabs yes, gincspy is this fucking stupid.:cuckoo:

:rofl:

Have you ever watched Ray Allen play?

Do you see any of those guys wearing pads?

The NBA is physcially demanding plus the season is very long, it puts wear and tear on the body and the NBA players are pretty big and it gets physical, especially in the low post, imagine having to bang with Dwight Howard for an hour and a half, no thank you.

Larry Bird called Michael Jordan God in a basketball uniform.

The exact quote was, "God disguised as Michael Jordan" that night... I looked it up.

I don't think it can be expressed at how big of a deal it was for Bird to say that. The dude HATED everyone he played against and was as fierce a competitor that history will every see. If you helped a player from an opposing team up off the floor, Larry was putting you on the floor in the locker room when the game was over. He gave no quarter.

Last edited:

Alltime ppg leader! He won two threepeats and would have won 8 in a row if some hoodrat didn't murder his father!

Larry Bird called Michael Jordan God in a basketball uniform.

The exact quote was, "God disguised as Michael Jordan" that night... I looked it up.

I don't think it can be expressed at how big of a deal it was for Bird to say that. The dude HATED everyone he played against and was as fierce a competitor that history will every see. If you helped a player from an opposing team up off the floor, Larry was putting you on the floor in the locker room when the game was over. He gave no quarter.

You are absolutely right, Larry gave no mercy to the people he played against and Bird was a very big trash talker, for him to compliment an opposing player like that really says something. Bird would not have said that if Michael was not spectacular.

Michael Jordan's coach in North Carolina also told MJ that he didn't have a chance of getting into the NBA, he needed to choose another career/profession, because he didn't have what it takes.
That is not true! You made it up!

Forum List

Back