Derek Jeter!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Derek Jeter, shortstop of the New York Yankees, has just gone

into the record books.

He hit his 3000th hit.....and it was a HomeRun!

All the best, Captain!

I just got goosebumps.....

He did it with a dinger?!

Awesome.

Fitting for one of the greatest to play the game.

This Mets fan congratulates Derek Jeter

A class act all the way, and what a way to get it done

They just interviewed the guy who caught the 3000 hit home run ball. He gave up the ball because he said he wanted Jeter to have it ...asked for nothing

Yankees gave him luxury seats for the rest of the year, signed jersey, ball, bat

They just interviewed the guy who caught the 3000 hit home run ball. He gave up the ball because he said he wanted Jeter to have it ...asked for nothing

Yankees gave him luxury seats for the rest of the year, signed jersey, ball, bat

wow, thats some give back. good for him and good for jeter......:clap2:

Jeter finished the day five for five with a HR for 3000th hit and drove in the game winning run

Talk about doing it in style

I travel to Boston quite often and remember sitting at a bar with a bunch of Red Sox fans watching Sports Center on ESPN. They had a story about Jeter and the Sox fan turned to me and said.."You know what I hate about Jeter? He doesn't give me any reason to hate him"

"No good deed goes unpunished."

The more I read about the web of difficulties that Christian Lopez has become eligible for, I have to think that Derek must step up to the plate...

GIVE HIME BACK THE BALL, DEREK.....OR PAY HIS TAXES!

1. Christian Lopez, a 23-year-old cellphone salesman from Highland Mills, N.Y., decided to return Derek Jeter's 3,000th hit ball Saturday instead of trying to cash in. He received memorabilia and tickets from the New York Yankees but then found out he may have to pay taxes on that windfall. If he does, at least two companies said Wednesday that they are ready to strike out his debt.

But that's not all! For his generosity, Lopez will also get his own baseball card and has received a 2009 World Series ring.

According to accountants contacted by the New York Daily News and The New York Times, Lopez's tax bill on the Yankees merchandise could end up being anywhere from $5,000 to $14,000.
Companies line up to help New York Yankees fan Christian Lopez - ESPN New York

2. Then, there was Roger Maris....

"Maris, of course, did surpass Ruth's mark in the 162nd, and last, game of the season - the infamous asterisk was born. Only 23,154 saw Maris make history. Most of them were there in hopes of getting the $5,000 bounty that was placed on the potential record setting ball. Truck driver Sal Durante caught the ball and offered it Maris - Maris declined, telling Durante to cash it in. That was vintage Roger Maris. "

Roger Maris

As much as I hate the Yankees, congrats Jeter. You have joined the ranks of such greats as:

Clemente_3000_Hit.jpg

New Topics

Forum List

Back