Jordan didntwin his first NBA titletill he was 29

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Didnt didn't do that much at N.Carolina. Carolina was always a winning program.

Lew Alcindor - by contrast - won 3 straight NCAA titles out of 3 possible.

Andwon the NBA title in his 2nd season with the expansion Milwaukee Bucks.

If I had to start a team - I would take Alcindor/Jabbar over Jordan.

Michael Jordan's coach in North Carolina also told MJ that he didn't have a chance of getting into the NBA, he needed to choose another career/profession, because he didn't have what it takes.
Who's laughing now??
Jordan totally kicked ass when he was with the Bulls.

28- 29 -whatever.

Alcindor was 23 when he won his first NBA title - after winning 3 titles at UCLA.

Jordan is overrated. I didnt like his retirement/baseball GRANDSTANDING ACT in 1993.
And he also talked about joing the Champions golf tour. HE IS A HACKER. Has in inflated ego.

Last edited:
28- 29 -whatever.

Alcindor was 23 when he won his first NBA title - after winning 3 titles at UCLA.

Jordan is overrated. I didnt like his retirement/baseball GRANDSTANDING ACT in 1993.
And he also talked about joing the Champions golf tour. HE IS A HACKER. Has in inflated ego.

How do you figure he is overrated??
For Christ's sake, I hardly hear anything about him anymore.
And MJ worked hard to become known as Air Jordan..he wasn't some fluke, he was a damn good basketball player.
And look how many years MJ played......how about you come back several years down the road when this Alcindor can claim the same amount of championship rings as Jordan has.
I doubt your Alcindor achieves that many......just my thoughts.

Last edited:
Michael Jordan's coach in North Carolina also told MJ that he didn't have a chance of getting into the NBA, he needed to choose another career/profession, because he didn't have what it takes.
Who's laughing now??
Jordan totally kicked ass when he was with the Bulls.

I'm going with neither of them. Smith did what he was paid to do; motivate his players. It's called knowing your players and what buttons to push to get the most out of them.

Last edited:
28- 29 -whatever.

:lol:

I'm not understanding what the age you won your first title matters. The guy dominated his sport his entire career and did nothing but ultimately bring home championship after championship.

He was the quintessential winner.

Much as I don't like basketball, Jordan was clearly one of the best players in NBA history. Not only for his stats and championships, but for the good attention and recognition he brought to the sport.

I seem to remember Jordan getting a 1 year, $30 million contract one year. Normally, that type of contract seems ridiculous. In Jordan's case, it seemed like a bargain. Wasn't he, at one point, the most recognizable figure in the world? Even if he wasn't the best player ever, he was almost surely the best single player for the NBA.

Much as I don't like basketball, Jordan was clearly one of the best players in NBA history. Not only for his stats and championships, but for the good attention and recognition he brought to the sport.

I seem to remember Jordan getting a 1 year, $30 million contract one year. Normally, that type of contract seems ridiculous. In Jordan's case, it seemed like a bargain. Wasn't he, at one point, the most recognizable figure in the world? Even if he wasn't the best player ever, he was almost surely the best single player for the NBA.

I believe he was.
And I'm not a huge sports lover, but being the Mother of sons who played basketball, we watched the Chicago Bulls on a regular basis.
Even I liked watching Jordan 'fly' :lol:

Your crazy - Jordan dodnt do beans until he was an old man.

Didnt do anythingin college - and mosto fhis titles were against crappy teams anyway.
(UTAH SEATTLE)

Alcindor/Jabbar won 3 straight titles out of 3 possible possible at UCLA - won the NBA title in his 2nd season with the expansion Miwaukee Bucks - and finished as theall time-NBA leading score.

Karl Malone didn twantto break his record so he retired early...............

Jordan didnt even make his HS tream -whileAlcindor was a legend at Power Memorial

Your crazy - Jordan dodnt do beans until he was an old man.

Didnt do anythingin college - and mosto fhis titles were against crappy teams anyway.
(UTAH SEATTLE)

Alcindor/Jabbar won 3 straight titles out of 3 possible possible at UCLA - won the NBA title in his 2nd season with the expansion Miwaukee Bucks - and finished as theall time-NBA leading score.

Karl Malone didn twantto break his record so he retired early...............

Jordan didnt even make his HS tream -whileAlcindor was a legend at Power Memorial

An old man??
Jordan was playing professional basketball when he was in his 20s...what the fuck do you consider old??
What are you, about 14??

-6 championships (his team couldn't do it without him during his baseball break)
-6 NBA finals MVP
-2 Olympic gold medals
-5 NBA MVPs
-10 scoring titles (7 in a row-I think, not totally sure about the 7 in a row)
-14 time all-star
-1 time NBA defensive player of the year (people forget he was damn good on defense too)

Yup you're right-he's so overrated.

So you're saying that whatever MJ did in college in not valid because it was North Carolina and they are always good? Ummm....you are aware that UCLA is perhaps the greatest college basketball dynasty ever, right? 7 titles in a row? In the three years prior to Lew Alindor's arrival in Westwood they won 2 NCAA titles!! After Lew left they still won 5 more fricking titles!

MJ's title doesn't count? OK.

How many titles did Kareem win in LA without Magic? Zero
How many titles did Kareem win in Milwaukee with Oscar? Zero

If Kareem is the one you start your team with, how come he can't win a title by himself? You mentioned MJ beating inferior teams for titles? What about Jabbar loosing to Seattle in 78 and 79 and not even making the finals? Talk about shitty.

Look, if you think Jabbar is the best player that's an opinion...it's not shared by too many people but it's still an opinion. Just know that you invalidate any point you are trying to make when you say stupid shit about Jordan, whom most people agree is the greatest basketball player of all time.

Didnt didn't do that much at N.Carolina. Carolina was always a winning program.

Lew Alcindor - by contrast - won 3 straight NCAA titles out of 3 possible.

Andwon the NBA title in his 2nd season with the expansion Milwaukee Bucks.

If I had to start a team - I would take Alcindor/Jabbar over Jordan.

You are a retard ginscpy, the only reason Jordan didn't win a title in the 80's is because he didn't have a good enough supporting cast plus the Pistons, Celtics and Lakers were all in their prime in the 80s, those guys were never going to let a young wet behind the ears Michael Jordan steal a title from them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back