Jon Stewart to step down from Daily Show?

Whaaaaat that sucks. Colbert and Stewart in the same year darn. There's a new show in place of Colbert now has anyone seen it yet?

Where will Liberals get their news and talking points???????
Hey when is ebola supposed to kill us all again?

Right after Obama is impeached and put on trial for BENGHAZI!!!
And Lois Lerner will be arrested ANY SECOND NOW!!!! :eek:

Maybe Jon is stepping down from ONE Comedy Show to replace Brian Williams at ANOTHER Comedy Show: The Nightly News.

That was my first thought when I saw Drudge.

Coinkydink? I think not!

Jon Stewart is a smart guy. The truth is that the Daily Show formula had become stale. I stopped watching about 5 years ago. The show was descending the eastern slopes of a bell curve, perhaps not in viewership but in relevance. Most importantly, I would guess that the show had become boring to Stewart. His absence last year is an indication of that. His popularity with younger viewers has been highly over-rated.

In an age when everyone other than a complete dupe views 'real' news with extreme suspicion, realizing that the news is mostly fake, the Daily Show emerged as a new type of authority in a vacuum created by disillusion. It's a format that is admittedly fake, and therefore the only news format on TV with the integrity of honesty.

The Daily Show employs talented writers. The next host will be well supported. The question I ask is not concerned with the next host of the Daily Show. My curiosity would be about the next format to take the place of the Daily Show and Colbert Report. Maybe something unrelated with television altogether. Television is an old media.

Between Two Ferns is more comedy than satire, and has mostly celebrity guests rather than politicians, but the format is something to bear in mind. I don't think Obama really helped himself on B2F. I don't see Hillary or the Repub front-runner being well served by going on a 'show' like that.

It's just a sad time for journalism, but a golden age of comedy. Politicians are the butts of jokes. These are the times we live in.

gmc12771220150211031500.jpg

Forum List

Back