Jon Stewart to step down from Daily Show?

Gonna miss that show a lot.

And, can't imagine anyone stepping into his shoes.

Has anyone heard what he plans next? He made that movie last year - maybe that's where he's headed.

Maybe he'll run for the Republican nomination?

The "Daily show" will just get a new host. My guess would be Jordan Klepper, Megan Williams or Samantha Bee/Jason Jones. I doubt John Oliver goes back with an extremely successful show on his own at HBO.

John Oliver has hosted the show in Stewart's absence before, and I didn't like it nearly as much. He's a funny guy, but I don't think he's right for the job.

Jason Jones would probably be great for the job, and he's an established Daily Show "correspondent" like Colbert was.

A female host would be interesting, but I can only see Samantha Bee filling that role.

Either way, it will probably never be as good without Jon Stewart. I remember I was a kid when Craig Kilborn hosted the show. It never interested me much until Jon Stewart took over, and it started leaning towards politics. He has a way of making you laugh even if you don't agree with him. Politics needs a little humor. If I wasn't laughing I'd be crying.

so who should replace him? think seth meyers could be lured into the job?

Seth Meyers sucks. This is the worst post I've read on USMB, and I've read a lot of theDoctorisin's posts. You should be ashamed of yourself. The thought of you sickens me now. I actually just beat my wife because I read your post. If I kill myself tonight my suicide note will just say "post #12".

Seth Meyers sucks. This is the worst post I've read on USMB, and I've read a lot of theDoctorisin's posts. You should be ashamed of yourself. The thought of you sickens me now. I actually just beat my wife because I read your post. If I kill myself tonight my suicide note will just say "post #12".

:lmao:

i'm going to mark you down as 'undecided' on seth meyers.

maybe norm macdonald can be convinced to do the show
because, you guessed it,
Germans love David Hasselhoff.

i'm going to mark you down as 'undecided' on seth meyers.

maybe norm macdonald can be convinced to do the show
because, you guessed it,
Germans love David Hasselhoff.

Norm MacDonald was the best SNL Weekend Update host ever. He is a comedic genius. His SNL monologue after being fired was epic.

:lol:

I never watched his show...but I like him...he is funny ...smart ...and easy on the eye :)

I wish him luck wherever he goes!

They ought to just cancel the show and chalk it up to one of the greatest propaganda efforts in history.

The sarcastic a-hole who doesn't even have the guts to use his given name (Jonathan Leibowitz) is finally stepping down. Was it poor ratings? Maybe the radical left will learn the difference between news analysis and the freaking comedy channel. Cowards like Stewart rely on the fact that they are really comedians and are not subject to the same scrutiny as real news analysts so they are free to say anything and low information lefties will eat it up like paplum.

Forum List

Back