jon & kate screw the little 8

lets see other people paying my bills..making money for showing off my kids..getting a free tummie tuck and implants...getting a make over....and having a hunky body guard...now really..i can see it for the kids..raising arizona and all but kate...and jon got hair plugs...jon is just stupid....the knew they were gonna have 6 and could have had selective abortions which is what the doctors most likely reccommended....these people are insane

All that is true and something they have to deal with.

However, if there was no demand for so-called "reality shows" they wouldn't have been able to make money off it anyway. If the general public didn't care to see their life with 8 rugrats running around it would have been a lot different.

So would the kids have been better off with both parents trying to eke out a living for all of them, rather than Jon & Kate raking it in and their family unit being destroyed in the process? Or would the family probably have split up anyway, due to the normal stresses of family, multiplied?

lets see other people paying my bills..making money for showing off my kids..getting a free tummie tuck and implants...getting a make over....and having a hunky body guard...now really..i can see it for the kids..raising arizona and all but kate...and jon got hair plugs...jon is just stupid....the knew they were gonna have 6 and could have had selective abortions which is what the doctors most likely reccommended....these people are insane

All that is true and something they have to deal with.

However, if there was no demand for so-called "reality shows" they wouldn't have been able to make money off it anyway. If the general public didn't care to see their life with 8 rugrats running around it would have been a lot different.

So would the kids have been better off with both parents trying to eke out a living for all of them, rather than Jon & Kate raking it in and their family unit being destroyed in the process? Or would the family probably have split up anyway, due to the normal stresses of family, multiplied?

My mom and dad had 6 kids, their reality was raising all of us kids to be good people with good character, giving me a childhood I cherish, and remaining close with my brothers and sisters. They were together until dad died, so not everyone is stressed out by big families.

If someone would have asked my dad to film our family for a reality show, he would have laughed them off our property. He did have a great sense of humor! :)

My mom and dad had 6 kids, their reality was raising all of us kids to be good people with good character, giving me a childhood I cherish, and remaining close with my brothers and sisters. They were together until dad died, so not everyone is stressed out by big families.

If someone would have asked my dad to film our family for a reality show, he would have laughed them off our property. He did have a great sense of humor! :)

I'm one of 5 kids, so I understand what you mean. My parents were the same and still are. We didn't have all the "stuff" that some of our friends had but we were very close and still are. I wouldn't trade the childhood I had for one with more "stuff".

There are stresses that apply to bigger families that don't apply to parents of just one or two children. The cost alone (especially now) can be overwhelming. Having your every movement and mood filmed for all the world to see would be horrible, IMO. But they signed on for it, didn't they?

Wow, some of you guys are a real piece of work. Here you sit bashing people you don't even know based on what you read in US magazine or some other tabloid. Wow.

Does anyone actually watch the show? I have since it first started. It's been obvious by their body language that they were having trouble in their marriage for at least the past 6 months. You can see them sitting on the same sofa but as far apart as possible and no 'love pats', as were the norm in past years, among other things.

They live in Wernersville, PA, not IL, had separated and yesterday filed for divorce in Montgomery County, PA. The divorce records/files are sealed, as that is how this county works.

SB - I suggest you go back and actually watch the show before making stupid ass remarks like 'they should have had selective murder . . er, abortion'. They don't believe in abortion and are a fairly religious family. This part of their lives has not been shown on tv, per a choice made by TLC. And what gives you the idea that they aren't raising their kids? Just because they went skiing in Utah? The entire family went a few years back and Jon took Cara (one of the oldest twins). He recently went back for a 5 day stay -- and part of his trip was to help with a charity program that is involved with paralyzed folks and helping them enjoy skiing.

The house they purchased is a 5 bedroom, 5 bath full, 2 half bath, 6,200 sq ft house on 23 acres. They purchased it for the kids and for the seclusion from the paparazzi. The kids are remaining in the house and Jon and Kate will be the one's shuttling back and forth between the house and where ever they will be living separately. How awful of them to be putting the kids first.

Whether or not they are exploiting their kids or just choosing this show as a means to an end -- it's their call. It's amazing to me that a lot of you assume these kids will end up in therapy. From what I've seen these are some of the most well adjusted kids around.

Last edited:
Whether or not they are exploiting their kids or just choosing this show as a means to an end -- it's their call. It's amazing to me that a lot of you assume these kids will end up in therapy. From what I've seen these are some of the most well adjusted kids around.

So Zoom, honestly, do you think they are or are not exploiting their kids? I mean, camera's in your home 24/7? Mommy and Daddy all over the tabloids? Paparazzi outside your door every single day?

I know my kid would hate that.

So Zoom, honestly, do you think they are or are not exploiting their kids? I mean, camera's in your home 24/7? Mommy and Daddy all over the tabloids? Paparazzi outside your door every single day?

I know my kid would hate that.

Cameras are not in their home 24/7. Where'd you get that from? They film xx days per week and the filming is worked around the kid's schedule.

Are they exploiting their kids? I don't know but I'm inclined to say no. The paparazzi are exploiting them though, that's for sure. Invading on their privacy plastering them all over the place. (yeah, yeah they're just doing their job :rolleyes:) No wonder they moved to a 23 acre house. It sure wouldn't be my call either but . . . . this is the path they've choosen. They were approached by TLC to do one special and it snowballed from there. At the time they were pretty close to broke, had 8 kids to raise, both Jon and Kate worked and this opportunity came along. I gathered that they saw this as a way to provide for their kids, to provide for the future. I seriously doubt they ever imagined it would snowball into the circus it has.

Wow, some of you guys are a real piece of work. Here you sit bashing people you don't even know based on what you read in US magazine or some other tabloid. Wow.

Does anyone actually watch the show? I have since it first started. It's been obvious by their body language that they were having trouble in their marriage for at least the past 6 months. You can see them sitting on the same sofa but as far apart as possible and no 'love pats', as were the norm in past years, among other things.

They live in Wernersville, PA, not IL, had separated and yesterday filed for divorce in Montgomery County, PA. The divorce records/files are sealed, as that is how this county works.

SB - I suggest you go back and actually watch the show before making stupid ass remarks like 'they should have had selective murder . . er, abortion'. They don't believe in abortion and are a fairly religious family. This part of their lives has not been shown on tv, per a choice made by TLC. And what gives you the idea that they aren't raising their kids? Just because they went skiing in Utah? The entire family went a few years back and Jon took Cara (one of the oldest twins). He recently went back for a 5 day stay -- and part of his trip was to help with a charity program that is involved with paralyzed folks and helping them enjoy skiing.

The house they purchased is a 5 bedroom, 5 bath full, 2 half bath, 6,200 sq ft house on 23 acres. They purchased it for the kids and for the seclusion from the paparazzi. The kids are remaining in the house and Jon and Kate will be the one's shuttling back and forth between the house and where ever they will be living separately. How awful of them to be putting the kids first.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! What a tool!

It's fine to bash politicians and world leaders based on what you read and see with your own eyes, but don't you dare bash these fuck'n losers who sold their souls (and their children's childhood) for a few duckets.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :rofl:

Last edited:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! What a tool!

It's fine to bash politicians and world leaders based on what you read and see with your own eyes, but don't you dare bash these fuck'n losers who sold their souls (and their children's childhood) for a few duckets.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :rofl:

And they're laughing all the way to the bank. Jokes on you.

So you equate tabloids with other news media? Oh wait . . . you might be right there.

o sorry on hiatus

Television show - TV Show - Yahoo! TV

Jon & Kate Plus 8 on Hiatus Until August
By Joyce Eng
Tue Jun 23, 11:19 AM PDT

Jon & Kate Plus 8 will go on hiatus until August following the Gosselins' separation announcement on Monday's episode, TLC said in a statement.

"TLC continues to support the Gosselin family and will work closely with them to determine the best way to continue to tell their story as they navigate through this difficult time," the statement read.

The network said Monday's upcoming episode will be a retrospective clip show on Jon and Kate's 10-year marriage. The next new episode will air Aug. 3.

Last edited:
TLC dropped them?

for real? Link?

I can't wait to laugh my ass off, but I'd hate for it to be premature. :D

you know for .75 million a year...i could live with about anyone in that huge ass house and turn on a smile when the cameras are on...

has anyone considered how the kids will feel when they become teenagers...hell teenagers feel violated cause they dont have a crotch rocket and jeep and..and ....so these kids are really gonna be pissed ..remember the loud family?

My kid's needs are met and my marriage is solid. From where I'm sitting the joke is on them.

May be but it's their choice.

And that makes it better in your eyes? :eusa_eh:

It makes it their choice. And how do you know this family will turn out worse for all of this?

BTW your earlier post about bashing pols and world leaders . . . . are you equating Jon and Kate's importance along the same lines as pols/world leaders . . . or are the pols/leaders nothing more than entertainment?

no they are no longer laughing all the way to the bank...tlc has dropped them like a hot rock

Nah, last night's show drew in over 10 millions viewers, TLC sure isn't going to give them to boot with those ratings. Yeah they're on hiatus. If the show continues I hope they focus it back on the kids, rather than Jon and Kate. The kids are the reason a lot of people watch the show.

It makes it their choice. And how do you know this family will turn out worse for all of this?

I don't. Just betting on the fastest horse.

BTW your earlier post about bashing pols and world leaders . . . . are you equating Jon and Kate's importance along the same lines as pols/world leaders . . . or are the pols/leaders nothing more than entertainment?

:eusa_eh:

The point is they are of NO importance. And for some crazy reason in your mind that makes bashing them off-limits. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back