jon & kate screw the little 8

and because the parents are not happy. Years of not ever having sex and fighting all the time.
Hell ever married man can contest to that! I have said many times the worst thing I ever did to my sex life was get married (and well graduate from college)!

Staying together even if someone has not cheated isn't always the best thing for the child. Being happy is!
Sometimes divorce is the best thing for all, but 9x out of 10 its not what's best for the children! Sorry I just don't believe it!

Obviously this hits pretty damn close to home for me, but since I don't want to get to much into my situation I will leave it at that!
both of my parents were married before with kids and were a lot happier when they divorced especially now that they found someone that made them happy and my brother's and sister were fine and still are. My friends parents who are still together are miserable and my friend blamed herself for them staying together.

and because the parents are not happy. Years of not ever having sex and fighting all the time.
Hell ever married man can contest to that! I have said many times the worst thing I ever did to my sex life was get married (and well graduate from college)!

Staying together even if someone has not cheated isn't always the best thing for the child. Being happy is!
Sometimes divorce is the best thing for all, but 9x out of 10 its not what's best for the children! Sorry I just don't believe it!

Obviously this hits pretty damn close to home for me, but since I don't want to get to much into my situation I will leave it at that!
both of my parents were married before with kids and were a lot happier when they divorced especially now that they found someone that made them happy and my brother's and sister were fine and still are. My friends parents who are still together are miserable and my friend blamed herself for them staying together.

When did the split? Kids too young don't understand it!

Court could take Jon & Kate's 8 off their hit TLC series - USATODAY.com

and now the courts are getting involved....talk of appointing a guardian for the kids interest....

jon and kate has killed the goose..so to speak

Also, the question remains as to the content of their contract with TLC (the network has not commented thus far). If ratings dwindle after the divorce and TLC cancels the show, either Jon or Kate could say, "Well, gee, thanks, you ruined our marriage and now we don't have this cash cow," so one could demand a bigger chunk of the estate, Doherty says.

"The interesting issue is who's more likely to be the celebrity going forward," says Harry Byrne, a family law attorney in Bala Cynwyd, Pa., also in Montgomery County. "Is she more likely going to have a steady stream of income, or is he? If someone were to say, 'We've got a TV deal with her for the next 10 years and we're not interested in him,' he's a better candidate to get worthy assets."

Atypically for divorce proceedings, Kate did not request child support or alimony. "The interesting thing" is going to be whether Jon asks for financial help, Byrne says.

If the courts are getting involved with Jon and Kate and kids . . . . are they going to get involved with the Dugger family and the family with 12 kids and any other 'reality show' involving kids that TLC is going to come up with?

As for TLC canceling the show if ratings drop -- well, if Jon and Kate didn't count on that factoid they are just dopey. 15 minutes only lasts so long.

Last edited:
I hate Reality Shows....ALL OF THEM....

It just makes or trains the audiences that other peoples business is also their business and that's just not right in my book!

Maybe I am too old school but family is family, and family secrets are family secrets, and the most loving and caring family moments are created within the privacy of ones own family, not in front of a camera in my opinion.

Care

It just makes or trains the audiences that other peoples business is also their business and that's just not right in my book!

Maybe I am too old school but family is family, and family secrets are family secrets, and the most loving and caring family moments are created within the privacy of ones own family, not in front of a camera in my opinion.

Care

I don't think the voyeuristic and curious nature of man can be increased any by watching TV. It's already up there pretty high.

Last edited:
well shouldnt the kids interest be protected by someone......regardless of last name...be it gosselin or dugger...now them dugger people i dont even watch that messed up shit

well shouldnt the kids interest be protected by someone......regardless of last name...be it gosselin or dugger...now them dugger people i dont even watch that messed up shit

I have less problem with the Duggars than any other shows I've watched (admittedly few "reality shows" interest me).

They have a family that seems to enjoy being a family, they (apparently) get along, they have no debt, they're not on welfare (even with a busload of kids) and they let their kids learn by actually doing stuff. Yep. They're horrible people.

Care

I don't think the voyeuristic and curious nature of man can be increased any by watching TV. It's alread up there pretty high.

Is there really that much of an audience that has 'voyeuristic' tendencies to watch 8 little children live their lives as kids? Maybe i got the wrong impression of what voyeuristic is???

I mean, maybe it does go farther than sexual?

Maybe there is some sort of thing inside us that wants to know what's going on inside another family's house and not in the sexual sense? I mean, here I am all caught up in the very controversy that I said I hate....and you can bet your bottom dollar the producers of these programs, count on it...count on this curiosity of ours...I suppose.

(Did I just go in circles?) :lol:

Care

Honestly I am starting to think this is a HUGE publicity stunt! Before this story broke, I never heard of this TLC show and honestly never watched anything on TLC. That's the same for many people. 9.8 million is big for cable, but its not gigantic in the grand scheme of things.

Think about it! Kate starts the show be herself. More people will tune in from the publicity surrounding the breakup to see how she does it by herself. Jon shows up here and there and they show his tough life adjusting without the kids. Half way through the season Jon starts to show up and tell Kate his mistake and how much he loves her. Kate is defensive. Little by little he works his way back in and by the finale they are a loving couple set to go off on their 2nd honeymoon! Leaves a perfect hangover for the next season, where people are once again curious how they are doing now back together!

Just my 2 cents!

I have less problem with the Duggars than any other shows I've watched (admittedly few "reality shows" interest me).

They have a family that seems to enjoy being a family, they (apparently) get along, they have no debt, they're not on welfare (even with a busload of kids) and they let their kids learn by actually doing stuff. Yep. They're horrible people.

o eve i admit i dont watch it...just see commericals....but come on g/f 18 kids? hello?
18 kids...you lose me after 4....its just my only child prejudice against big families...hell seems to me...having one sibling is a bitch....my mother has 4...not a one worth a damn...
all selfish and still fighting over slights here and there....here is how bad they are....i am the oldest grandchild...hell i cant name my cousins....or tell you where they are expect for the one who lives an hour away in a town i got to at least 3x a month....i have seen her twice...in the last 30 years..my son reacted with great shock upon the discovery that i had family that near...at which point my husband begins to mock me...she is an sca...her third wedding...when my mother ask what she needed to do to go to a "sca" wedding...my hubby replies.."stop bathing".....

o eve i admit i dont watch it...just see commericals....but come on g/f 18 kids? hello?
18 kids...you lose me after 4....its just my only child prejudice against big families...hell seems to me...having one sibling is a bitch....my mother has 4...not a one worth a damn...
all selfish and still fighting over slights here and there....here is how bad they are....i am the oldest grandchild...hell i cant name my cousins....or tell you where they are expect for the one who lives an hour away in a town i got to at least 3x a month....i have seen her twice...in the last 30 years..my son reacted with great shock upon the discovery that i had family that near...at which point my husband begins to mock me...she is an sca...her third wedding...when my mother ask what she needed to do to go to a "sca" wedding...my hubby replies.."stop bathing".....

I'm one of 5 kids and know people who have up to 12 siblings. My siblings and I are very tight. We actually like each other and enjoy doing stuff/spending time together.

In my experience thus far, bigger families tend to be closer, have fewer fights/disputes, etc. Perhaps because when you have a big family, you don't get all the "stuff" that you might if you were an only child or just had one sibling. And you definitely learn to share in a large family unit.

Whatever the case, as long as the Duggars are not leeching off society, who am I to complain about how many kids they have? I know people with only one or two children who spend their entire lives living off somebody else and don't try to stand on their own.

o there you go with the stereo typing of "only children" yall really suck for that....why do you assume that due to being an only child one is spoiled. do you think only children are just a luxury of the rich? what gives with that?

okay missie...when i was born i was rh negative..they expected a total blood transfusion...my mother and father were advised..(now remember this is in the 50's before rh factors were understood) not to have another child due to the rh factor risk. so maybe there are reasons you havent considered? even today....i had to take some type of rh factor shot in case i wanted another child..well not today....26 yrs ago....but do not take people for granted cause they dont care for the reality show or large families....large families are fine for those who want them...or can have them...some do not and can not.

o there you go with the stereo typing of "only children" yall really suck for that....why do you assume that due to being an only child one is spoiled. do you think only children are just a luxury of the rich? what gives with that?

okay missie...when i was born i was rh negative..they expected a total blood transfusion...my mother and father were advised..(now remember this is in the 50's before rh factors were understood) not to have another child due to the rh factor risk. so maybe there are reasons you havent considered? even today....i had to take some type of rh factor shot in case i wanted another child..well not today....26 yrs ago....but do not take people for granted cause they dont care for the reality show or large families....large families are fine for those who want them...or can have them...some do not and can not.

I wasn't trying to say that big families were better than small ones, or that only children are spoiled. Not my intent at all. You do have to admit though, that if there is only one child, you can do more for them, they can have more things, they have more of your time. That's not a bad thing - it's just a fact.

But by the same token, large families aren't bad either. It all depends on the parents and the kids. Just like everything else, there are so many variables that come into play.

Care

I don't think the voyeuristic and curious nature of man can be increased any by watching TV. It's alread up there pretty high.

Is there really that much of an audience that has 'voyeuristic' tendencies to watch 8 little children live their lives as kids? Maybe i got the wrong impression of what voyeuristic is???

I mean, maybe it does go farther than sexual?

Maybe there is some sort of thing inside us that wants to know what's going on inside another family's house and not in the sexual sense? I mean, here I am all caught up in the very controversy that I said I hate....and you can bet your bottom dollar the producers of these programs, count on it...count on this curiosity of ours...I suppose.

(Did I just go in circles?) :lol:

Care

In popular imagination the term is used in a more general sense to refer to someone who habitually observes others without their knowledge, and there is no necessary implication of any sexual interest.

Voyeurism can take several forms, but its principle characteristic is that the voyeur does not normally relate directly with the subject of his or her interest, who is often unaware of being observed. The voyeur may observe the subject from a distance, or use stealth to observe the subject with the use of two-way mirrors, camera, videos etc.

Voyeurism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

People are curious---they like to know what other people are doing. These shows give one the impression that they are really getting to see "reality" so it attracts audiences.

When did the split? Kids too young don't understand it!
They were old enough to understand. Of course it was hard at first when my dad married my mom but they got over it especially my brother's. My sister who is spoiled brat of course can still be a bitch to my mom. Other than that all of them think things are the way it is suppose to be.

Honestly I am starting to think this is a HUGE publicity stunt! Before this story broke, I never heard of this TLC show and honestly never watched anything on TLC. That's the same for many people. 9.8 million is big for cable, but its not gigantic in the grand scheme of things.

Think about it! Kate starts the show be herself. More people will tune in from the publicity surrounding the breakup to see how she does it by herself. Jon shows up here and there and they show his tough life adjusting without the kids. Half way through the season Jon starts to show up and tell Kate his mistake and how much he loves her. Kate is defensive. Little by little he works his way back in and by the finale they are a loving couple set to go off on their 2nd honeymoon! Leaves a perfect hangover for the next season, where people are once again curious how they are doing now back together!

Just my 2 cents!

I was thinking this as well. In xx amount of time they might just have a Jon and Kate 'reunion' show.

If the show shifts its focus and is about Jon and Kate and not the kids, I'm not watching. The kids were the reason I tuned in.

The whole thing is getting old for me anyway.

see i am the opposite.....i never saw the show when the kids were the focus so of course i have the worst opinion of them both. and i would love to make that kinda money for doing what i do daily....

Sealed Divorce Records For Jon & Kate - CBS News

i just cant stop myself.....they are filing in a district that seals divorce records...to "avoid" the pubic eye

Attorneys for the couple aren't commenting on why they wanted to shift the case out of Berks County - where the Gosselins reside with their eight children - to a court about 50 miles away in neighboring Montgomery County. But in Berks, as in most Pennsylvania counties, divorce records are available to anyone who walks in off the street and asks for them.

Open-records advocates say that's how it should be.

"A divorce is a public act," said Robert Richards, founding co-director of the Pennsylvania Center for the First Amendment at Penn State University. "They are not going to private mediators and handling it that way. They are going to the public court system to dissolve their marriage."

He added the policies of Montgomery County and Philadelphia - another jurisdiction that seals divorce records - might be vulnerable to a legal challenge because the Pennsylvania Constitution declares that "all courts shall be open."

"To close off access to a whole category of files, to me, is going much too far," he said.

But supporters of the rule say privacy concerns, especially when children are involved, outweigh the public's right to know.

Kate: Jon's The One Who Wanted Out - The Early Show - CBS News

In her first interview since filing for divorce, Kate told People magazine Jon wanted out for a long time.

"He does not want to be married to me anymore," Kate told People. "No questions asked, he went and hired a lawyer and said you better get one. So I did. I never would have made that step; I never would have done it."

Monday night's show, in which the couple announced their separation and divorce, drew a record audience of 10.6 million viewers.

When they told their eight kids, Kate told People, she and Jon never used the words "separation" or "divorce."

"I’m not naïve," she said. "I know that my kids will come out of this, to a degree, with some sort of dysfunction. I’m not stupid."

---------------------------------

Jon Minus Kate: What About the "Plus 8"? - The Early Show - CBS News

Dr. Jeff Gardere, a clinical psychologist said on The Early Show Tuesday that the breakup will affect each age group differently.

Gardere said the 8-year-olds Gosselin twins will likely have more aggression, confusion and sadness, because they understand a bit more of what’s going on. As for the 5-year-old sextuplets, he said they'll understand less, but may have more regressive behavior, such as temporary thumb sucking and toilet training lapses.

Jon and Kate need to present themselves to their children as a united couple, Gardere said, even though they're ending their marriage.

He added that, as parents, Jon and Kate should let their children know the breakup isn’t their fault, and reassure them that the love will always be there. He said giving each child individual attention and answering their questions and concerns are also essential as divorce proceedings advance. The psychologist adds that each parent should also strive to be as much of a presence in their children’s lives as possible.

But Gardere’s advice for the Gosselins family?

"Pull the plug."

He said continuing the show is unadvisable, particularly with what lies ahead for the family.

Forum List

Back