John Murtha claims Western Pa. racist but Obama win

One wonders if Mr. Murtha will keep his seat next term. I don't see how he can get away with insulting the voters for long. But he's gotten away with insulting our troops, so I can understand why he'd feel he can speak ill of his constituancy with impunity.

I'm not really sure of what the chances are on him keeping his seat in congress but would love to hear from someone from that area as to his chances.
Murtha's district was drawn for him to win
he'll still be getting elected there after he dies

Last edited:
It's a testament to how dumb white people are that they keep electing a liberal asshole who hates them.

You know, if there's someone I'm really frustrated with these years, it's not blacks or Jews or Hispanics. It's my own fucking people. We are about as smart, organized and purposefully directed as a barnyard full of chickens with their heads cut off. We're so damn eager to bow before the Great Magical Negro and kiss his ring, but don't realize that voting for a black man WILL NOT fix the country's problems and WILL NOT make black people love us, stop bitching or start behaving like civilized people. We're so damn eager to call EACH OTHER "racist" because it's like the new McCarthyism, the new witch-hunt. But we never even pay attention to the fact that we're becoming a minority in the meantime!

We have got to get our shit together and realize that the other races DO NOT LIKE US. They are going to SQUEEZE US for all the cash they can, then push us off the stage. When blacks and others are in control, it's going to be like South Africa, not Utopia. They are NOT going to say, "well, hey, let's be nice to whites and give them special protection." Special punishment is more like it.

We have to fight back, not fight each other.

Last edited:
<snipped>

We have got to get our shit together and realize that the other races DO NOT LIKE US. They are going to SQUEEZE US for all the cash they can, then push us off the stage. When blacks and others are in control, it's going to be like South Africa, not Utopia. They are NOT going to say, "well, hey, let's be nice to whites and give them special protection." Special punishment is more like it.

We have to fight back, not fight each other.
that is such utter bullshit
come on dude, stop the broad brush crap on other people
btw, there is only ONE race

HUMAN

If anyone person in congress and there are several that make the case, but John Murtha is one of them for term limits this guy is the one. Here is a man that is supposed to represent the people that elected him first and foremost, but puts their needs on the back burner behind what his party thinks is best. I rather imagine if Scooby Doo was running for president John Murtha would be telling the people that elected him to office that they are irresponsible dog owners. This kind of attitude is EXACTLY what is wrong with congress , when your local congressmen puts his or her needs above those of the people that elected him or her. Then to top it off by slinging insults, if his district re-elects him IMHO they have ZERO right to complain.

.... so that the lawsuits they file after the election will have a basis -- no matter how flimsy.

Wasn't that bush that filed a lawsuit to stop the vote count because counting all the votes would show that he lost, thus doing him irreparable harm?"

no, gore took it to court to force the sellective (sic)recounts

Yeah, that is why that Doug Heye butt-muffin club was up there in the mess, traveled from Cali at Congressional (taxpyer) expense.... to threaten.... nothing quite as unattractive as shrieking punks!

and either you have a memory problem:

Newspaper article from our research archive:
Bush camp files suit to stop hand recount

Article from: Chicago Sun-TimesArticle date: November 12, 2000Author: LYNN SWEETMore results for:

Bush files suit to stop recount

Copyright information

Copyright 2000 Chicago Sun-Times.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. The Bush-Cheney ticket, anxious over the start of manual recounts in Democratic pockets of Florida, on Saturday asked a federal judge to block the hand tally.

Officials in Palm Beach County started the painstaking hand recounting Saturday, at the request of Democrats, and also were planning a third machine recount of disputed votes, at the request of Republicans. If the hand count of 1 percent of the votes shows a substantial change, a long recount of the entire county could be ordered.

As election officials scrutinize punch cards in Palm Beach County, the presence or position on a ballot of a "chad"-the tiny bit of cardboard that is supposed to be poked out in voting but ...

Or perhaps you are just another one of the usual RWWNJ LIARS!

Yeah, that is why that Doug Heye butt-muffin club was up there in the mess, traveled from Cali at Congressional (taxpyer) expense.... to threaten.... nothing quite as unattractive as shrieking punks!

and either you have a memory problem:

Newspaper article from our research archive:
Bush camp files suit to stop hand recount

Article from: Chicago Sun-TimesArticle date: November 12, 2000Author: LYNN SWEETMore results for:

Bush files suit to stop recount

Copyright information

Copyright 2000 Chicago Sun-Times.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. The Bush-Cheney ticket, anxious over the start of manual recounts in Democratic pockets of Florida, on Saturday asked a federal judge to block the hand tally.

Officials in Palm Beach County started the painstaking hand recounting Saturday, at the request of Democrats, and also were planning a third machine recount of disputed votes, at the request of Republicans. If the hand count of 1 percent of the votes shows a substantial change, a long recount of the entire county could be ordered.

As election officials scrutinize punch cards in Palm Beach County, the presence or position on a ballot of a "chad"-the tiny bit of cardboard that is supposed to be poked out in voting but ...

Or perhaps you are just another one of the usual RWWNJ LIARS!
YEAH, after Gore took it to court FIRST

and you can stuff that liar bullshit up your fucking ASS

Murtha's district was drawn for him to win
he'll still be getting elected there after he dies

Been a while since Ive been here, but I pop in and read all the time. Had to respond to this thread tho as I'm from Johnstown.

Unfortunately, this statement hits the nail on the head. This area is so depressed and Murtha has brought quite a bit of jobs into the area. I, for one, am not voting for him. Slap me once, shame on you. Slap me twice, shame on me.

He will be re-elected. The local paper has editorials on a daily basis about Murtha, 70% are defending him. Not so much his statements (some do) as his record, but its pretty evident he'll be relected. He still isnt getting my vote.

IMHO, he made us all look like the cast/crew of Deliverance.

if Coal miners vote for McCain after the past 8 years, they are racist. Pretty simple and plain so f u and John Wayne.

YEAH, after Gore took it to court FIRST

and you can stuff that liar bullshit up your fucking ASS

I don't believe that's correct at all. Gore requested the recount. The recount commenced. Bush sued on November 11th to stop the recount.

After, on November 13th, Volusia County (not Gore) sued to extend the time for the recount so Katherine Harris wouldn't certify the election results. Then Bush moved through the Fed Cts for relief.

Election 2000 Materials

So no... Gore didn't take it to court first.

And no federal court has ever before or since upset the determination of the highest court of a state as to a question of election law.

Forum List

Back