John McEnroe: if Serena Williams played men's tennis, she would be ranked dead last

It's interesting that the women serve nearly as fast as the men. I'd like to see Serena Williams play the men's circuit. I wouldn't be at all surprised if she ranked a lot higher than 700, although I don't think she'd come close to the top 20.

• Banned
It's interesting that the women serve nearly as fast as the men. I'd like to see Serena Williams play the men's circuit. I wouldn't be at all surprised if she ranked a lot higher than 700, although I don't think she'd come close to the top 20.

men are 10 million times better than women at sports

So Mac is getting heat for stating the truth? Why isn't the interviewer getting heat for asking the incredibly stupid question "why don't you just call Serena the best player in the world". Are you f**n kidding? Have you ever watched her move? After her serve which is mediocre at best by men's standards, she cannot match the speed male pros. Not even close. There are very few men pros who would lose a set to her.

Doesn't ANYONE remember the Bobby Riggs vs Billie Jean King battle of the sexes?????

I watched it when it came on, and it was a big thing. I seem to remember but barely that I was disappointed though since Riggs wasn't much of a tennis player.

Riggs was a very good player, in his time. When he played King, he was in his fifties, I believe. How old is McEnroe now?

Doesn't ANYONE remember the Bobby Riggs vs Billie Jean King battle of the sexes?????

I watched it when it came on, and it was a big thing. I seem to remember but barely that I was disappointed though since Riggs wasn't much of a tennis player.

Riggs was a very good player, in his time. When he played King, he was in his fifties, I believe. How old is McEnroe now?

Riggs was 55, and McEnroe is 58. Knowing how stubborn McEnroe is he would probably go all out and get in super good shape to play similar to how he used to play.

As I remember and watching a few highlights now, Riggs was hitting the ball very softly a lot.

McEnroe would not do that, for sure.

Then I find now it is possible Riggs lost on purpose to pay debts to the mob.

Report: Riggs threw legendary match | FOX Sports

Talked to several tennis experts. They said McEnroe was being generous to Serena. She wouldn't beat most men on major college scholarships.

I don't know crap about Tennis.

But I guarantee a 98mph buzzing her dome would insure she would never get off a single decent swing.

She would not be able to drive a Golf ball 300 yards on the fly uphill into the wind. Or get out of deep rough to a green 180 yards away (consistently). Most men Pro Golfers can.

Yet, every show now has a woman announcer telling us how "it is" these days. Call me old-fashioned.....

They look great..........(sideline reporters) hotter than all get out. But enough is enough.

All that said........I doubt Brent MussBurger ever took 98mph to the ribs either? you got that right. Maybe they should be announcers? Whey not? Wear that skirt Carmen........wear it tight.

Forum List

Back