John McCain owes his first wife an apology

his treatment of a woman who stood by him..the entire time...he dumps her for cindy...so the fact that a man is a two timing whore is not reflective of his character? its one thing to be open about it but he was not....he was driven to conquer cindy..the very young and wealthy new woman in his life...but hey that is what the party of family values expects of their candidates, right?

Not what I said. I said whether or not he has apologized to his first wife for it is none of our business.

And no amount of twisting someone else's words or feigned indignation is going to MAKE it our business.

so it wont be our business when edwards is revealed to be the father of the "love child"...we are discussing a man who called his current wife a **** in public? is that not our business?

so it wont be our business when edwards is revealed to be the father of the "love child"...we are discussing a man who called his current wife a **** in public? is that not our business?

SERIOUSLY - are you not reading what I post at all?

The acts themselves are our business and it's our choice to make whatever character decisions we care to make based on them.

But how the offender and the offended deal with it is THEIR business.

NOW do you understand what I am saying? Or are you going to cite some other act and ask if THAT is our business again?

Besides which, he and his ex have an amicable relationship.

Nice try though.

of course it is amicable, she is well taken care of I am sure which McCain should do. She wouldn't bight the hand that feeds her. I think McCain probably takes care of her which is great but I still think he is a douche for how he acted while he married to her.

Besides which, he and his ex have an amicable relationship.

Nice try though.

of course it is amicable, she is well taken care of I am sure which McCain should do. She wouldn't bight the hand that feeds her. I think McCain probably takes care of her which is great but I still think he is a douche for how he acted while he married to her.

Personally, unless I know the full facts - from both sides, I'm not prepared to form an opinion on it. No one knows the full story of his first marriage - and I'm not a great believer in sitting in judgement on someone else's private life.

Okay, I'ver heard this charge many times before, so I thought you all might like to know what his former wife say's about it.

Carol insists she remains on good terms with her ex-husband, who agreed as part of their divorce settlement to pay her medical costs for life. ‘I have no bitterness,’

Indeed, to many in their circle the saddest part of the break-up was Carol’s decision to resign herself to losing a man she says she still adores.
Friends confirm she has remained friends with McCain and backed him in all his campaigns. ‘He was very generous to her in the divorce but of course he could afford to be, since he was marrying Cindy,’ one observed.
McCain transferred the Florida beach house to Carol and gave her the right to live in their jointly-owned townhouse in the Washington suburb of Alexandria. He also agreed to pay her alimony and child support.
A former neighbour says she subsequently sold up in Florida and Washington and moved in 2003 to Virginia Beach. He said: ‘My impression was that she found the new place easier to manage as she still has some difficulties walking.’

The wife John McCain callously left behind | Mail Online

Now while some of you may think that Capt. McCain may have been been unfeeling towards his former wife and perhaps thats so. However Capt. McMcain's personal life as none of us have not lived it, and are not subject to every detail other that what we know of in the press or even in Navy circles , it is in the end between him and his former wife and it would seem they both have no ill-will towards one another another and if he was as cruel as some would like to portray him as then I would submit that her medical bills would have not been paid for the rest of her life by Capt. McCain. The bottom line here is this , every relationship has problems and no one is a paragon of virtue when it comes to that subject, so to judge Capt. McCain on it seems a little off base.

Okay, I'ver heard this charge many times before, so I thought you all might like to know what his former wife say's about it.

Carol insists she remains on good terms with her ex-husband, who agreed as part of their divorce settlement to pay her medical costs for life. ‘I have no bitterness,’

Indeed, to many in their circle the saddest part of the break-up was Carol’s decision to resign herself to losing a man she says she still adores.
Friends confirm she has remained friends with McCain and backed him in all his campaigns. ‘He was very generous to her in the divorce but of course he could afford to be, since he was marrying Cindy,’ one observed.
McCain transferred the Florida beach house to Carol and gave her the right to live in their jointly-owned townhouse in the Washington suburb of Alexandria. He also agreed to pay her alimony and child support.
A former neighbour says she subsequently sold up in Florida and Washington and moved in 2003 to Virginia Beach. He said: ‘My impression was that she found the new place easier to manage as she still has some difficulties walking.’

The wife John McCain callously left behind | Mail Online

Now while some of you may think that Capt. McCain may have been been unfeeling towards his former wife and perhaps thats so. However Capt. McMcain's personal life as none of us have not lived it, and are not subject to every detail other that what we know of in the press or even in Navy circles , it is in the end between him and his former wife and it would seem they both have no ill-will towards one another another and if he was as cruel as some would like to portray him as then I would submit that her medical bills would have not been paid for the rest of her life by Capt. McCain. The bottom line here is this , every relationship has problems and no one is a paragon of virtue when it comes to that subject, so to judge Capt. McCain on it seems a little off base.

Apparently, I must spread some rep around before I rep you again. :eek:

Personally, unless I know the full facts - from both sides, I'm not prepared to form an opinion on it. No one knows the full story of his first marriage - and I'm not a great believer in sitting in judgement on someone else's private life.

:eusa_eh:

Ok, I'm calling BULL SHIT!

In a very short period of time I've seen you form opinion after opinion without benefit of the full facts. And considering your stances on abortion and queer marriage, you are so a believer in sitting in judgement of someone else's private life.

Epic Fail.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back