John Kerry: War Hero

Kerry was an obscure officer on some obscure ship before the Navy allowed him to volunteer for "Swift Boat" duty. They should have had a psychiatric evaluation at the time but they didn't. Kerry had a unique position where he was able to recommend himself for awards. Most of the Swift Boat skippers (God bless 'em) honorably served but Kerry was a savvy politician long before he ran for office. To put it in perspective, Marine Col Victor Krulak was awarded a Navy Cross and a Purple Heart for taking shrapnel wounds to the head and later the shoulder during in a Para-Marine operation in the Pacific during WW2. The Army dominated review board claimed the injuries weren't severe enough to qualify for a Heart. Times changed during the Vietnam war. It seems that Kerry took shrapnel to his butt from his own grenade when he tossed it into a cache of VC rice. For Heart #2 apparently some explosive device was triggered in the retrieval of a mine and Kerry suffered a wound to his finger that didn't even require a bandaid. Kerry 's boat took fire from a single VC on shore and instead of delegating authority to his crew to dispatch the threat, the freaking skipper grabbed a .45 and chased the unarmed single VC kid and shot him dead. Kerry wrote himself up for a Silver Star for his valor and it was systematically forwarded.

Yes Kerry was an obscure officer who they knew someday run for President. So they cooked up excuses for him to win three purple hearts and a Silver star to make him look good

That happened a lot in VietNam

Kerry was a subversive who built a fake resume as a "War Hero" just come out later to undermine public support for our troops, so of course he'd have a stellar career in the DemoCCCPrat Party

And 4.5 million were killed by their own Communist Government.
Is that an opps?

By Pol Pot.

Who was backed by Nixon.

Your numbers are off too..unless you think Nixon beats Hitler in people killin'

No - by Ho Chi Minh and Pol Pot and it includes the number of people under that Communist Regime not just the Vietnam War.
What part of Communist Government did you not get?

Hitler killed 11 to 14 million, that total includes the people in Concentration camps and killed in War.

Ho Chi Minh wasn't alive for most of the war. He also tried, in vain, to negotiate with the US. That's after helping the US defeat the Japanese during WWII for the promise of Independence.

See how that worked out?

I think the main lesson here is that there are far, far more important things to debate and discuss in this forum, in my opinion, than John Kerry's "crimes". He went to war, didn't want to be there, may or may not have hurt himself or exaggerated his injuries in order to get out of the war, and, forty (emphasis on FORTY) years later, he is our Secretary of State. I see very little relevance between his actions during and post Vietnam War to his role as a Senator, former presidential candidate, or as Secretary of State. He had a conviction that the war is wrong, and that the people who participated were wrong. That's his opinion.

Bullshit. Kerry volunteered and pulled every string he could find in order to be part of the tiny percentage of Navy personnel (other than corpsmen) to be assigned combat duties in Vietnam. Then, having gotten what he must have wanted so badly, he promptly pulled every string in order to be allowed to abandon his crew and the duty he had volunteered for. I suspect he found out they were shooting real bullets.
I could care less about any convictions he might have had about the war. His willingness to defame his supposed "comrades in arms" with malicious lies and baseless slander for perceived political gain make him a well documented scumbag to anyone willing to actually look at his record.

You folks shit on every liberal vet no matter their valor.

Doesn't really matter who it was either. Name a prominent liberal vet and you find a conservative shitting on his service.

That's from Rangel on to Duckworth.

Doesn't matter..you creeps attack their service.

That's if you folks aren't fragging them in the field.

Like Pat Tillman.

Everyone knows they handed out Silver Stars like candy in VietNam. Most soldiers came back with three or four of them

Kerry has nothing to be proud of

Like so many rich kids, Kerry's assignments were crafted according to his needs, not the military's.

But for this board's chickenhawks to attach his character?

:lol:

Least he showed up and didn't get deferment after deferment like so many of today's famous REPUBLICAN POLS and commentators did.

I think the main lesson here is that there are far, far more important things to debate and discuss in this forum, in my opinion, than John Kerry's "crimes". He went to war, didn't want to be there, may or may not have hurt himself or exaggerated his injuries in order to get out of the war, and, forty (emphasis on FORTY) years later, he is our Secretary of State. I see very little relevance between his actions during and post Vietnam War to his role as a Senator, former presidential candidate, or as Secretary of State. He had a conviction that the war is wrong, and that the people who participated were wrong. That's his opinion.

Bullshit. Kerry volunteered and pulled every string he could find in order to be part of the tiny percentage of Navy personnel (other than corpsmen) to be assigned combat duties in Vietnam. Then, having gotten what he must have wanted so badly, he promptly pulled every string in order to be allowed to abandon his crew and the duty he had volunteered for. I suspect he found out they were shooting real bullets.
I could care less about any convictions he might have had about the war. His willingness to defame his supposed "comrades in arms" with malicious lies and baseless slander for perceived political gain make him a well documented scumbag to anyone willing to actually look at his record.

Doesn't really matter who it was either. Name a prominent liberal vet and you find a conservative shitting on his service.

Like Pat Tillman.

I don't know how to break it to you but the vast majority could give a shit less about your liberal/conservative labels. A POS is a POS no matter what label he prefers.

Like Pat Tillman.

I don't know how to break it to you but the vast majority could give a shit less about your liberal/conservative labels. A POS is a POS no matter what label he prefers.

The vast majority?

It's conservatives that attack military service.

You don't liberal shitting on John McCain's or Bob Dole's service record.

You DO hear CONSERVATIVES shitting on Tammy Duckworth's, Jack Murtha's, John Kerry's and Charlie Rangel's service record.

And you also hear them LYING about Pat Tillman.

That's truly a piece of shit thing to do.

Whenever someone tries to criticize John Kerry, this is all they can ever come up with. Last I checked, it is not a crime to be be critical of a military operation, especially something like Vietnam. I have not seen the footage of Kerry, and if he actually said that every soldier is a war criminal, then he shouldn't have made such a blanket statement. However, there were certainly various crimes committed by our soldiers in Vietnam. In terms of throwing his medals over the fence, if a man wins a medal and doesn't want it, feels he doesn't deserve it, or whatever, I think it's his choice to do with it as he pleases. Kerry was not the only returning soldier to protest the war; there were thousands.

I don't particularly like the man, but the smear campaign against him and his role in the Vietnam War is, I think, a joke, not to mention irrelevant. Criticize him on his policy and his actions today, not something from forty years ago.
I guess you haven't read my posts on Kerry.

The man met with representatives of the North Vietnamese government and rubber-stamped their terms for a US surrender.

Normal people call that treason.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/262447-john-kerry-unfit-for-service.html

Personally, I believe that anyone who advocates his nation surrender during a time of war is not a suitable choice for Secretary of State.

There is no glory in war and the scar and pain it leaves runs deep, never washed away. Kerry has and is entitled to his beliefs, however, there comes a time when one must make a stand and for those that fall, they are the only true hero's.

I don't think John Kerry is a hero, I just don't think he's a criminal for criticizing the war. He shouldn't be commended or disparaged. In fact, I see no reason to talk about someone like him at all. He's sort of an empty suit in my opinion.
He's not a criminal for criticizing the war. He SHOULD be considered a criminal for lying to Congress.

The Winter Soldier "investigation" was based on lies.

Whenever someone tries to criticize John Kerry, this is all they can ever come up with. Last I checked, it is not a crime to be be critical of a military operation, especially something like Vietnam. I have not seen the footage of Kerry, and if he actually said that every soldier is a war criminal, then he shouldn't have made such a blanket statement. However, there were certainly various crimes committed by our soldiers in Vietnam. In terms of throwing his medals over the fence, if a man wins a medal and doesn't want it, feels he doesn't deserve it, or whatever, I think it's his choice to do with it as he pleases. Kerry was not the only returning soldier to protest the war; there were thousands.

I don't particularly like the man, but the smear campaign against him and his role in the Vietnam War is, I think, a joke, not to mention irrelevant. Criticize him on his policy and his actions today, not something from forty years ago.

The man met with representatives of the North Vietnamese government and rubber-stamped their terms for a US surrender.

Who needed Henry Kissenger when we had a Navy Lieutenant to negotiate for us?

It's conservatives that attack military service.

"I would like to talk, representing all those veterans, and say that several months ago in Detroit, we had an investigation at which over 150 honorably discharged and many very highly decorated veterans testified to war crimes committed in Southeast Asia, not isolated incidents but crimes committed on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of officers at all levels of command....

"They told the stories at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country."​
John Kerry is a conservative? :cuckoo:

Who needed Henry Kissenger when we had a Navy Lieutenant to negotiate for us?
He had no authority to do so.

"You know, education -- if you make the most of it, you study hard and you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. "If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq." -- John Kerry, War Criminal Scumbag

"You know, education -- if you make the most of it, you study hard and you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. "If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq." -- John Kerry, War Criminal Scumbag

stuck_in_irak.jpg

Forum List

Back