John Kerry Signs Anti-Gun Treaty With The U.N.

Since when does the piece of crap UN over rides our constitution?
It doesn't. And especially not with a treaty that only affects international trade.

Recent history has proven that "international trade" treaties have had a detrimental effect on America and her economic power and clout. I don't give two hoots what Europe thinks is best for America. I care about what our Founding Fathers believed. Jefferson was totally opposed to "foreign entanglements."

"Recent history" has shown that the Hard Right are wrong on this issue. They want the criminals armed because that is a great way to scare everyone else to buy guns. Now they want the Warlords/Terrorists armed as well, we can then pay for a war to fight them...

How is he assaulting the constitution with a treaty that that doesn't affect gun ownership in the slightest?

It's the "lobster-in-the-pot" scenario. It's the "foot-in-the-door" scenario as well. The more power we give to the U.N. the less power America reserves for herself. When the U.N. has greater power than a sovereign America then guess who has greater control OVER America? It's not rocket science.
you mean like vietnam was? :doubt: :eusa_eh:
OP is a bumbling fool
^ that

I see that you're attempting to think again. Please don't hurt yourself. I mean that!

What in the hell does Viet Nam have to do with the U.N. dictating American policy?

It doesn't. And especially not with a treaty that only affects international trade.

Recent history has proven that "international trade" treaties have had a detrimental effect on America and her economic power and clout. I don't give two hoots what Europe thinks is best for America. I care about what our Founding Fathers believed. Jefferson was totally opposed to "foreign entanglements."

"Recent history" has shown that the Hard Right are wrong on this issue. They want the criminals armed because that is a great way to scare everyone else to buy guns. Now they want the Warlords/Terrorists armed as well, we can then pay for a war to fight them...

The "Hard Right" is wrong about Jefferson's opposition to "foreign entanglements?" Do you know who Thomas Jefferson is? I'm "hard right" but have NEVER expressed a desire to "arm criminals." What an asinine thing to say! I simply know that criminals ARE armed and simply believe that I have a right to defend myself against them. Do you believe in a person's right to defend himself or are you so brainwashed by the liberal loons that you've lost the ability to think for yourself?

How is he assaulting the constitution with a treaty that that doesn't affect gun ownership in the slightest?

It's the "lobster-in-the-pot" scenario. It's the "foot-in-the-door" scenario as well. The more power we give to the U.N. the less power America reserves for herself. When the U.N. has greater power than a sovereign America then guess who has greater control OVER America? It's not rocket science.
does pyscho come to mind when you read this loons post

Typical leftist rant.

As you deny the issue that it requires gun registration for member countries. Typical gun grabbers ideology that if one man abuses the rights of others through the misuse of guns, that it justifies taking away the rights of lawful citizens rights to own guns...............

Punish the innocent for the crimes of the guilty. I have guns, and have never abused the RESPONSIBILITY of owning these weapons. I have never infringed the rights of others by the possession of these guns. but you would remove my right to own because their are criminals who use them to commit crimes.

Not only that, you would remove a means of protection to myself and family that I hope I never have to use.....................Or have to get a dang permission slip from you just to go hunting. I don't freaking think so lib.

This treaty needs to stay in countries that prefer to bend over to the government. BOHICA.

So we go from the Holder gun running, to treaties with the U.N.?...the Senate wont approve this, which means it dosn't mean much

The Sleeping Supreme Court Justice says International Law should trump the Constitution.

Americans: Undeserving of Freedom.

So we go from the Holder gun running, to treaties with the U.N.?...the Senate wont approve this, which means it dosn't mean much
What did the Senate do about Holder? Oh yeah, nothing. So that means that the Senate is powerless or the agree.

The "Hard Right" is wrong about Jefferson's opposition to "foreign entanglements?" Do you know who Thomas Jefferson is? I'm "hard right" but have NEVER expressed a desire to "arm criminals." What an asinine thing to say! I simply know that criminals ARE armed and simply believe that I have a right to defend myself against them. Do you believe in a person's right to defend himself or are you so brainwashed by the liberal loons that you've lost the ability to think for yourself?

Hey dude, Jefferson is dead and don't remember him rising on the third day, so he wasn't god either. Just a man, a substantial slave owner, hey he must have been right there as well.

You are arming Criminals by negligence. You just don't care how they get guns and use the hard right excuse, 'Criminal's alway find guns'. The NRA has stopped as many investigations and studies into gun ownership as they can. And then there is the fear mongering, they are coming for our guns, the government want our guns.... while blatant supporting of irresponsible gun ownership.

No one wants guns taken off careful hunters or people who treat guns with respect. This doesn't happen in any first world country and yes they have gun registration. I live in Ireland, I have a gun licence (shotgun) and if I don't maintain it, I loose it, I have to show my gun safe and certification that I know how to use it(this is easy to obtain at local gun club). This is simple responsibility which a vast majority of gun owners do anyway.
Why do you worry so much about someone wanting to buy a gun and be able to get it without a background check. Why do you support loopholes in the law? What's wrong with asking that everone that owns a gun have been background checked?

The Sleeping Supreme Court Justice says International Law should trump the Constitution.

Get off the cross.....

America like many other countries understand that we live on the planet together. That is a shared community. We need to co-operate with each other. That means that if we want our neighbours to live within rules, we must live within them ourselves.

We use these rules to maintain Human Rights, Environment, Arms Restrictions, Electronic Standards..... The rules are endless and they have created a functioning society. In everyone of them US (and every other country) gave up sovereignty, this happened in everything from the size of a CD/DVD (Dutch system based on the size of old netherlands coin) to Ozone Emissions...

The US has a bigger say than any nation in the world about these standards but they are not the only ones.

What a retard. We should be ruled by the UN. Get a grip.

We are ruled by the Constitution and not some lame ass group from overseas. We'll decide our laws and not them.

Typical leftist rant.

As you deny the issue that it requires gun registration for member countries. Typical gun grabbers ideology that if one man abuses the rights of others through the misuse of guns, that it justifies taking away the rights of lawful citizens rights to own guns...............

Punish the innocent for the crimes of the guilty. I have guns, and have never abused the RESPONSIBILITY of owning these weapons. I have never infringed the rights of others by the possession of these guns. but you would remove my right to own because their are criminals who use them to commit crimes.

Not only that, you would remove a means of protection to myself and family that I hope I never have to use.....................Or have to get a dang permission slip from you just to go hunting. I don't freaking think so lib.

This treaty needs to stay in countries that prefer to bend over to the government. BOHICA.

Where is that happening in this treaty. Please quote the line from the text itself.....

Usual hyperbole of manure.

And if you are responsible as you say, what's your problem? No one is taking your dumbass guns...

If your neighbour is irresponsible should he own a gun?

We are ruled by the Constitution and not some lame ass group from overseas. We'll decide our laws and not them.

They are called treaties dumbass and they have been covering your ass since you have been born. You make it sound like they just came yesterday.

Why?
They US law already covers it. There is nothing new in this or do want to change US law so gunmakers can sell to Terrorists and Human rights abusers?

Hey be the only one not signing another agreement:

Look at this:
Why won 8217 t the U.S. ratify the U.N. 8217 s child rights treaty - The Washington Post

It includes the right to protection from discrimination based on their parent’s or legal guardian’s sex, race, religion, and a host of other identifiers. The convention supports protections for children from forced labor, child marriage, deprivation of a legal identity, and grants both able-bodied and disabled children the right to health care, education, and freedom of expression. It also has safeguards for parents to take care of their children, including parental leave.

Only three U.N. countries have not ratified the CRC: Somalia, South Sudan, and…the United States.

Great company...

They are called treaties dumbass and they have been covering your ass since you have been born. You make it sound like they just came yesterday.
Spare me the BS. Countries have made treaties for a very long time. In our country they must be ratified by the Senate, Which means.............SNOW BALL IN HELL.

I don't feel like researching the whole treaty right now, but you can use google to see the agreements in the Act. Oops. you don't want to see the details..............which is why you didn't look it up yourself.

Encourages member nations to keep a record of end users for a period of 10 years.

To create a National registry of conventional weapons, whether it be helicopters, tanks or a shotgun.

Written in wishy washy fashion, but implying the very thing I posted.

In order to comply they are wanting a registry of all weapons sold.

Forum List

Back