John Dingell: "My Last Words For America"...Longest Serving Congressman Ever Dies, Honored by Trump

Rep. Fred Upton, a Michigan Republican, tweeted that he "always looked up to John Dingell - my good friend and a great Michigan legend. There was no need to 'dis' him in a crass political way. Most unfortunate and an apology is due."

Paul Rieckhoff, who served with the U.S. Army in Iraq and Afghanistan and who is now a prominent activist for veterans, also attacked Trump

"Congressman John Dingell served in the Army in WW2 and went to college under the GI Bill," Rieckhoff tweeted. "And he's just the latest veteran to be disgustingly disrespected by Trump—a man who knows nothing of honor, respect or service."

Michigan State Senator Curtis Hertel, a Democrat, called the president's comments "below human decency."

"I don't know what's more sad; a President who attacks a deceased Congressman and his widow in their home state two weeks before Christmas or my friends on the other side of the aisle who will refuse to condemn it," Hertel tweeted.

"This is not just below the presidency, it's below basic human decency. The irony of this indecency is that John was one of the most decent people I ever knew.

"To be clear. John Dingell was a Veteran and a Statesman while President Trump is a Coward and blowhard. If you can't tell what side you're supposed to be on you're a d--- fool."

Trump Humpers will come out and defend this disgusting behavior.
Okay, all true, Brutha, but it IS possible to get carried away with the weight of Trump's words here. Trump was triggered. Dingell had dissed him in his book. Trump's trolling needs to be kept in perspective--as not very important noise by an asshole sitting at the end of the bar after having one too many.
Yes, it shows Trump's lack of respect for many things, but it's not like that's a revelation to anyone.

It was a classless thing to say, there was nothing but vindictive behavior involved and it doesn't help anyone in any way, shape or manner.

You may be a little confused here, Sport.

The classless thing was that Debbie Dingbat voted to impeach Trump so she deserves ridicule.

She needs to put on her big girl panties and take responsibly for being a TDS afflicted asshole.

Rep. Fred Upton, a Michigan Republican, tweeted that he "always looked up to John Dingell - my good friend and a great Michigan legend. There was no need to 'dis' him in a crass political way. Most unfortunate and an apology is due."

Paul Rieckhoff, who served with the U.S. Army in Iraq and Afghanistan and who is now a prominent activist for veterans, also attacked Trump

"Congressman John Dingell served in the Army in WW2 and went to college under the GI Bill," Rieckhoff tweeted. "And he's just the latest veteran to be disgustingly disrespected by Trump—a man who knows nothing of honor, respect or service."

Michigan State Senator Curtis Hertel, a Democrat, called the president's comments "below human decency."

"I don't know what's more sad; a President who attacks a deceased Congressman and his widow in their home state two weeks before Christmas or my friends on the other side of the aisle who will refuse to condemn it," Hertel tweeted.

"This is not just below the presidency, it's below basic human decency. The irony of this indecency is that John was one of the most decent people I ever knew.

"To be clear. John Dingell was a Veteran and a Statesman while President Trump is a Coward and blowhard. If you can't tell what side you're supposed to be on you're a d--- fool."

Okay, all true, Brutha, but it IS possible to get carried away with the weight of Trump's words here. Trump was triggered. Dingell had dissed him in his book. Trump's trolling needs to be kept in perspective--as not very important noise by an asshole sitting at the end of the bar after having one too many.
Yes, it shows Trump's lack of respect for many things, but it's not like that's a revelation to anyone.

It was a classless thing to say, there was nothing but vindictive behavior involved and it doesn't help anyone in any way, shape or manner.

The classless thing was that Debbie Dingbat voted to impeach Trump so she deserves ridicule.

She needs to put on her big girl panties and take responsibly for being a TDS afflicted asshole.

So why didn't he attack of other Democrat House Rep. personally Sport?

Does everyone need to be a Trump Humper for you guys to like them.

?? Why you feel left out? GG, he’ll get to you sooner or later. He ought to do what Hillary did and just blanket a whole group. I don’t think he is efficient in that way, he seems to make it more personal.

?? Why you feel left out? GG, he’ll get to you sooner or later. He ought to do what Hillary did and just blanket a whole group. I don’t think he is efficient in that way, he seems to make it more personal.

Cheer him on Trump Humpers.

Mr.Sensitive, how did I cheer him on?

That's all you do Trump Humper, either cheer him on or make excuses.

Again, where in my post did I cheer him on? All you seem to do is get your feelings hurt and lie.

Again, where in my post did I cheer him on? All you seem to do is get your feelings hurt and lie.

Well a Trump Humper should know about hurt feelings and lying.

I love how trump is supposed to have feelings for democrats they have 500 open investigations in to him that could put him in jail.. you all kill babies fuck off

Well a Trump Humper should know about hurt feelings and lying.

So you have nothing, you can’t man up and admit you lied. I didn’t think you could, partisans like yourself are dishonest. You also haven’t read this thread otherwise you’d have seen my comments on how disgusting and unnecessary Trumps comments were. Do you have anything intelligent to say or just more trolling and name calling? Party over country right, that’s all you seem to have.

Last edited:
I love how trump is supposed to have feelings for democrats they have 500 open investigations in to him that could put him in jail.. you all kill babies fuck off

He didn’t need to say anything, sometimes it better to keep quiet all this does is stir crap up.

He didn’t need to say anything, sometimes it better to keep quiet all this does is stir crap up.
You love republicans that don’t right back just take it .. not anymore

Fighting back is one thing, just spouting to hurt is another. His comment was classless and tasteless. How did what he said help anyone?

Fighting back is one thing, just spouting to hurt is another. His comment was classless and tasteless. How did what he said help anyone?
Lol boo hooo you have to be 18 years old to vote ,, he said mean things. Are you serious!?
STOP ATTACKING THE MAN AND HIS FAMILY AND PUTTING PEOPLE THAT WORKED FOR HIM IN JAIL FOR LIFE

Lol boo hooo you have to be 18 years old to vote ,, he said mean things. Are you serious!?
STOP ATTACKING THE MAN AND HIS FAMILY AND PUTTING PEOPLE THAT WORKED FOR HIM IN JAIL FOR LIFE

I haven't attacked anyone, all I said is his comment was tasteless and classless and it helped no one and you haven't refuted that. I have superbadbro or what ever his name is calling me a Trumphumper and you in the same thread say I'm attacking Trump. Can we all put the partisan nonsense aside?

I haven't attacked anyone, all I said is his comment was tasteless and classless and it helped no one and you haven't refuted that. I have superbadbro or what ever his name is calling me a Trumphumper and you in the same thread say I'm attacking Trump. Can we all put the partisan nonsense aside?
Yes when we have a balance in the attack’s I will put it aside two men are going to die in prison because trump won.. think about that

John Dingell was everything that Trump is not—a true public servant and statesman in a way this president knows he can never be

Have you ever listened to the percentage of Prog politicians, those close to the field, media and entertainers with their acidic and vile attacks on people not Progs? The fact is, if Trump was a Prog president you guys would be in Prog heaven with his retorts against non Progs.

Have you ever listened to the percentage of Prog politicians, those close to the field, media and entertainers with their acidic and vile attacks on people not Progs? The fact is, if Trump was a Prog president you guys would be in Prog heaven with his retorts against non Progs.

Im not a prog. I’m a fiscal conservative.

Forum List

Back