Why would a Former Presidential Campaign Chairman Lie to Federal Prosecutors?

JBvM

VIP Member
Jun 7, 2018
... ... ...
Why would a Former Presidential Campaign Chairman Lie to Federal Prosecutors? The prosecutors in question have a great track record so far. No one successfully challenged them for overreaching, or for being wrong in charges brought.

Feb. 7, 2019

WASHINGTON — Federal prosecutors told a judge this week that Paul Manafort, President Trump’s former campaign chairman, might have lied to them about “an extremely sensitive issue” in hopes of increasing the chances that he would be pardoned for his crimes, according to a transcript of the hearing unsealed Thursday.

During the hearing, the prosecutors also detailed how they believed Mr. Manafort deceived them about his contacts with Konstantin V. Kilimnik, a longtime business partner in Ukraine who prosecutors say has contacts with Russian intelligence.

Prosecutors Told Judge That Manafort Might Have Lied in Hopes of a Pardon

+++++++++++++ Team Trump is always going back to Comey, Clinton, the other bs partisan investigations that brought zero charges in a court, or pleas...

Comey:

So GIVEN THAT ASSESSMENT OF THE FACTS, MY UNDERSTANDING OF THE LAW, MY CONCLUSION WAS AND REMAINS NO REASONABLE PROSECUTOR WOULD BRING THIS CASE. NO REASONABLE PROSECUTOR WOULD BRING THE SECOND CASE IN 100 YEARS FOCUSED ON GROSS NEGLIGENCE. I KNOW THAT'S BEEN A SOURCE OF SOME CONFUSION FOR FOLKS, THAT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS. I know the Department of Justice, I KNOW NO REASONABLE PROSECUTOR WOULD BRING THis CASE.

I know a lot of my former friends are out there saying they would

I WONDER WHERE THEY WERE THE LAST 40 YEARS BECAUSE I'D LIKE TO SEE THE CASES THEY BROUGHT ON GROSS NEGLIGENCE. Nobody would, nobody did.

Here's the other 'gross negligence' case Comey cited in Clinton email testimony

We all know the partisan spin from GOP hacks and Trump apologsist on a fact: Early Comey draft accused Clinton of gross negligence on emails
They were all in charge of hearings and investigations for a while and came up with NADA, whereas Muller and other prosecutors looking into Team Trump and Associates --lots of pleas and evidence to put people in jail and prison

Maybe Manafort was and is looking for a pardon, but either way that does not address what exactly he would believe lying about

BashSig.jpg

You are claiming a crime before any charges have been proved in court. When did we become the Stalinist Soviet Union?
Oh, I guess since the Deep State left has filled the vacuum left by King Barry leaving office.

You are claiming a crime before any charges have been proved in court.
The President and his minions yelled #lockherup at campaign rallies, at the GOP convention and later in social media, so please

and fyi, what crime did I charge is proven? The Federal government which represents the American people have charged the President's former campaign manger with lying

When did we become the Stalinist Soviet Union?
Oh, I guess since the Deep State left has filled the vacuum left by King Barry leaving office.

You do exhibit a serious case of Obama Derangement Syndrome.

Obama left government what seems like ages ago. The Deep State? please... see Alex Jones maybe losing in court -- we will get you lying scum sooner than you imagine

The President and his minions yelled #lockherup at campaign rallies, at the GOP convention and later in social media, so please
Political rhetoric. So what? None of that is presuming guilt in a case that is still being adjudicated.
By the way, there is a ton of evidence Hillary Clinton blatantly broke federal law with impunity....please!
and fyi, what crime did I charge is proven? The Federal government which represents the American people have charged the President's former campaign manger with lying
Your OP presumes a lie when none has been demonstrated in court. Duh! That's sort of the whole point.
Or have you in your mind already passed judgement? If you have just say so...it's quite obvious.
You do exhibit a serious case of Obama Derangement Syndrome.

Obama left government what seems like ages ago. The Deep State? please... see Alex Jones maybe losing in court -- we will get you lying scum sooner than you imagine
Am I making up the way the Comey FBI introduced known phony evidence to the FISA court in order to put a president under surveillance and at the very least, hopefully damage him politically and get him removed from office.
Has the past several years all been a dream? Or have you just walked around in a cloud of denial and ignorance?

Forum List

Back