John Dingell: "My Last Words For America"...Longest Serving Congressman Ever Dies, Honored by Trump

Rep. Fred Upton, a Michigan Republican, tweeted that he "always looked up to John Dingell - my good friend and a great Michigan legend. There was no need to 'dis' him in a crass political way. Most unfortunate and an apology is due."

Paul Rieckhoff, who served with the U.S. Army in Iraq and Afghanistan and who is now a prominent activist for veterans, also attacked Trump

"Congressman John Dingell served in the Army in WW2 and went to college under the GI Bill," Rieckhoff tweeted. "And he's just the latest veteran to be disgustingly disrespected by Trump—a man who knows nothing of honor, respect or service."

Michigan State Senator Curtis Hertel, a Democrat, called the president's comments "below human decency."

"I don't know what's more sad; a President who attacks a deceased Congressman and his widow in their home state two weeks before Christmas or my friends on the other side of the aisle who will refuse to condemn it," Hertel tweeted.

"This is not just below the presidency, it's below basic human decency. The irony of this indecency is that John was one of the most decent people I ever knew.

"To be clear. John Dingell was a Veteran and a Statesman while President Trump is a Coward and blowhard. If you can't tell what side you're supposed to be on you're a d--- fool."

Trump Humpers will come out and defend this disgusting behavior.
Okay, all true, Brutha, but it IS possible to get carried away with the weight of Trump's words here. Trump was triggered. Dingell had dissed him in his book. Trump's trolling needs to be kept in perspective--as not very important noise by an asshole sitting at the end of the bar after having one too many.
Yes, it shows Trump's lack of respect for many things, but it's not like that's a revelation to anyone.

Rep. Fred Upton, a Michigan Republican, tweeted that he "always looked up to John Dingell - my good friend and a great Michigan legend. There was no need to 'dis' him in a crass political way. Most unfortunate and an apology is due."

Paul Rieckhoff, who served with the U.S. Army in Iraq and Afghanistan and who is now a prominent activist for veterans, also attacked Trump

"Congressman John Dingell served in the Army in WW2 and went to college under the GI Bill," Rieckhoff tweeted. "And he's just the latest veteran to be disgustingly disrespected by Trump—a man who knows nothing of honor, respect or service."

Michigan State Senator Curtis Hertel, a Democrat, called the president's comments "below human decency."

"I don't know what's more sad; a President who attacks a deceased Congressman and his widow in their home state two weeks before Christmas or my friends on the other side of the aisle who will refuse to condemn it," Hertel tweeted.

"This is not just below the presidency, it's below basic human decency. The irony of this indecency is that John was one of the most decent people I ever knew.

"To be clear. John Dingell was a Veteran and a Statesman while President Trump is a Coward and blowhard. If you can't tell what side you're supposed to be on you're a d--- fool."

Okay, all true, Brutha, but it IS possible to get carried away with the weight of Trump's words here. Trump was triggered. Dingell had dissed him in his book. Trump's trolling needs to be kept in perspective--as not very important noise by an asshole sitting at the end of the bar after having one too many.
Yes, it shows Trump's lack of respect for many things, but it's not like that's a revelation to anyone.

I agree with you but it is sad when it becomes acceptable behavior for the POTUS.

Now did I hear conservatives complaining whining about Dingles being voted in for years because of name recognition??

Surely you jest...

Trump-dynasty-T-shirt.png

It was a classless thing to say, there was nothing but vindictive behavior involved and it doesn't help anyone in any way, shape or manner.

Saying bad things about a deceased politician may be the next article of impeachment against Trump. But the reality is, the great majority of them WILL probably be looking up, greedy, lying, power hungry bastards that they are. And how sick is everyone of a spouse inheriting their deceased partners job? That's bullshit.

It was a classless thing to say, there was nothing but vindictive behavior involved and it doesn't help anyone in any way, shape or manner.
He made a JOKE at the expense of a woman who's goal is to DESTROY him. He earned the right to poke at that vile woman

Saying bad things about a deceased politician may be the next article of impeachment against Trump. But the reality is, the great majority of them WILL probably be looking up, greedy, lying, power hungry bastards that they are. And how sick is everyone of a spouse inheriting their deceased partners job? That's bullshit.
It`s not a lifetime job. They have to run for the office when their terms expire. When longtime Pa. Congressman Bud Shuster finally retired over "ethics issues" his son the car dealer got the job and served 8 terms. He`s a lobbyist now.

I’d agree with that. But when you consider what trump has had to deal with from democrat sheep and Pravda it’s expected that anyone would get to that point at least once eventually.
The last person who has any moral right to criticize trump for crassness is a democrat. Major foot-in-mouth syndrome.

I’d agree with that. But when you consider what trump has had to deal with from democrat sheep and Pravda it’s expected that anyone would get to that point at least once eventually.
The last person who has any moral right to criticize trump for crassness is a democrat. Major foot-in-mouth syndrome.

Nice Trump Humper cop out.

Now did I hear conservatives complaining whining about Dingles being voted in for years because of name recognition??

Surely you jest...

View attachment 295560
Yes, THAT is a joke. Too bad you can't figure these things out at without help
No, it is not a joke...

If Ivanka, Donald Jr or Eric was to run in 2024...yo dumb ass will be first in line to vote for them as long as they fed your need to hate....

Nice Trump Humper cop out.
So, you’re saying that no posters on this site respond to disparagement with disparagement?

We could probably pay off the national debt if we could get Debby Dingle to stop wearing eye makeup and donate her savings to our government. Too crazy. WTF?

It`s not a lifetime job. They have to run for the office when their terms expire. When longtime Pa. Congressman Bud Shuster finally retired over "ethics issues" his son the car dealer got the job and served 8 terms. He`s a lobbyist now.
Schuster, his son and everyone else like them sucks. You can't have good government with lifetime members.

Forum List

Back