John Boehner 'Dictatorship' Is Letting Time Run Out To Avert 'Fiscal Cliff'

You're either crazy or a leftwing zealot. Both parties got us in this mess, occupied, not just the republicans. Your democrats just wants to raise taxes on the rich and not address anything meaningful with spending cuts. The republicans want no meaningful tax hikes and no meaningful spending cuts.
The fiscal cliff address both sides of the problem without any political intervention....which IS good for America in the long run, despite what you think.

I'm thinking you don't want any tax hikes....except for the rich, which doesn't address any of our problems.

The msm will portray the gop as the culprits, but make no mistake, both sides are the problem.
Historians with no agenda will duly note it

Every single bit of this stems from the 2011 debt ceiling hostage crisis, an attempt by congress to refuse to pay for past spending in an effort to force cuts in entitlement programs and only entitlement programs.

They are the biggest drivers of deficit spending. You against living within our means?

I am against using such coercive, potentially disastrous means to get whatever it was they thought they could get. Put that shit up for a simple vote but don't hold the nation's credit rating hostage as a bargaining chip, that shit was so reckless and ultimately fruitless that none of them deserve their seats anymore.

Every single bit of this stems from the 2011 debt ceiling hostage crisis, an attempt by congress to refuse to pay for past spending in an effort to force cuts in entitlement programs and only entitlement programs.

They are the biggest drivers of deficit spending. You against living within our means?

I am against using such coercive, potentially disastrous means to get whatever it was they thought they could get. Put that shit up for a simple vote but don't hold the nation's credit rating hostage as a bargaining chip, that shit was so reckless and ultimately fruitless that none of them deserve their seats anymore.

Yet, the fiscal cliff solution would get our credit rating back....go figure.

You just don't want to pay your fair share and have your taxes raised...it's becoming apparent.
I'm on a fixed income and I'm ready to pay more...but that IS the difference between a conservative and a liberal, I guess.

Obama's budget that was shot down was put up for vote by Pubs for purely propaganda purposes.= Pure Pubcrappe, for dupes only. The Dems had a new budget which would pass the senate- but would be filibustered like 200 other bills during the 2 years when Pubs say Dems had "total control". Lying tools...

You raise taxes on the rich because they're bloated, have gained 90% of the wealth under voodoo while the country goes to hell.

He admits that Obama's budget was pure propaganda.

Hilarious!

dude couldn't run a Bake Sale.
Always so wrong...lol

They could have amended it in the Senate and sent it back to Congress....at least there was options which were denied.

At about the same time the senate passed a bill called "S. 3412: Middle Class Tax Cut Act" as a counter proposal, it has went exactly as far in the house as HR 8 went in the senate. your claims of the house being reasonable in this matter are invalid.

The problem with the Senate bill is that raising tax rates on the wealthy is likely to result in less revenue to the government. We've seen this many times in the past and recently in the UK, France and in California. How is that reasonable? At least the R's bill did not raise tax rates on anybody.

You don't call ending a bunch of working and middle class tax credits a tax hike? It's what HR 8 called for while protecting practically everything the wealthy use to not pay their fair share of taxes.

You are full of it. You are all for any and all 'coercive and potentially disastrous means' when the Democrats shoved their flawed and horrid legislation thru via their Super Majority

You just don't want to pay your fair share and have your taxes raised...it's becoming apparent.
I'm on a fixed income and I'm ready to pay more...but that IS the difference between a conservative and a liberal, I guess.

Wouldn't bother me a bit personally but for some people it will suck balls, I do not have a personal stake in this mess but I do care about the people who will be hurt because the republicans are so incredibly reckless in their policy moves. They made this crisis and they will pay the political price, which will be huge, but many people will pay with their jobs and security and to them questions of a national fiscal nature are far down their list of priorities.

Last edited:
How much did HuffyPuffyPoof pay you to post that??

Ka-ching!!

220px-2006_Quarter_Proof.png

At about the same time the senate passed a bill called "S. 3412: Middle Class Tax Cut Act" as a counter proposal, it has went exactly as far in the house as HR 8 went in the senate. your claims of the house being reasonable in this matter are invalid.

The problem with the Senate bill is that raising tax rates on the wealthy is likely to result in less revenue to the government. We've seen this many times in the past and recently in the UK, France and in California. How is that reasonable? At least the R's bill did not raise tax rates on anybody.

You don't call ending a bunch of working and middle class tax credits a tax hike?

Tax loopholes are not the same thing as tax rates. I call for an end to all loopholes. The government should not be picking winners and losers through tax code.

It's what HR 8 called for while protecting practically everything the wealthy use to not pay their fair share of taxes.

Really? Fair share, eh? Do you realize that our rich pay more of the overall tax burden today than they did under Clinton? Do you realize that we have the MOST PROGRESSIVE tax structure in the world? Meaning, our rich pay more of the overall tax burden than in any other country. Just how fair do you expect the rich to be?

My goodness you sound like a broken records of liberal democrat talking points!

BTW, you still have told us what Republicans gifts to the wealthy were "added"...

You don't call ending a bunch of working and middle class tax credits a tax hike?

Tax loopholes are not the same thing as tax rates. I call for an end to all loopholes. The government should not be picking winners and losers through tax code.

It's what HR 8 called for while protecting practically everything the wealthy use to not pay their fair share of taxes.

Really? Fair share, eh? Do you realize that our rich pay more of the overall tax burden today than they did under Clinton? Do you realize that we have the MOST PROGRESSIVE tax structure in the world? Meaning, our rich pay more of the overall tax burden than in any other country. Just how fair do you expect the rich to be?

BTW, you still have told us what Republicans gifts to the wealthy were "added"...

Yeah and you sound like the wealthy are going to actually feel the slightest bit of pain from having to pay more. Continuing the tax cuts for them is the same as writing them a check on the deficit, what is in the national interest to let their Bush tax cuts continue to add to the deficit? Sell this turkey, what is the benefit to rest of us to allow the Chinese job creators more cash on the national credit card?

Yeah and you sound like the wealthy are going to actually feel the slightest bit of pain from having to pay more. Continuing the tax cuts for them is the same as writing them a check on the deficit, what is in the national interest to let their Bush tax cuts continue to add to the deficit? Sell this turkey, what is the benefit to rest of us to allow the Chinese job creators more cash on the national credit card?

Do you really think a family making $250K per year in a major metro is Wealthy?

That's a cop married to a nurse in the Bay Area.

Yeah and you sound like the wealthy are going to actually feel the slightest bit of pain from having to pay more.

This isn't about pain. You said the wealth don't pay their fair share. I showed you how that assumption is patently ridiculous.

But, if you want to talk about pain, how about asking the guy that works at the shipyard building yachts for rich guys or maybe the woman who works at the private jet company. When taxes on the rich increase and they delay or forgo purchases on luxury items, who feels the pain? The workers do. When tax increases push the rich to invest overseas or to sit on their capital, who feels pain? The rich guy or the person trying to start a new business, looking for capital investment?

Continuing the tax cuts for them is the same as writing them a check on the deficit, what is in the national interest to let their Bush tax cuts continue to add to the deficit?

Bullshit. As I pointed out to your previously, raising tax rates on the rich often results in LESS tax revenue to the government, meaning, higher deficits (since nobody's talking about cutting spending). We saw this in France, the UK and California recently. We've seen it many times in America's past.

Sell this turkey, what is the benefit to rest of us to allow the Chinese job creators more cash on the national credit card?

By keeping tax rates low, investment overseas is curtailed. If you want the Chinese to take fewer US jobs, the worst thing you could do is raise tax rates.

It's a spending problem, not a revenue problem.

Do you really think a family making $250K per year in a major metro is Wealthy?

That's a cop married to a nurse in the Bay Area.

Under the proposed plan, no one would pay a penny more on their 1st $250 K of income, but you knew that didn't you?

The Bush tax cuts actually created record Federal tax receipts once they were implemented.

But they of course could not keep up with Obama's exploding spending increases.

Only spending what you don't have can created a deficit.

But you know the truth and simply have no interest in it.

Wouldn't bother me a bit personally but for some people it will suck balls, I do not have a personal stake in this mess but I do care about the people who will be hurt because the republicans are so incredibly reckless in their policy moves. They made this crisis and they will pay the political price, which will be huge, but many people will pay with their jobs and security and to them questions of a national fiscal nature are far down their list of priorities.

occupied, this is one stupid wingnut partisan post.

We all have a personal stake in this...everybody, it's going to hurt, but that is what it's going to take.

All the parties have their handprints on this mess.....all of them. I can't believe how much you are in denial over this, dude.

The government spent more than it should have and the chickens are coming home to roost.

Yeah and you sound like the wealthy are going to actually feel the slightest bit of pain from having to pay more.

This isn't about pain. You said the wealth don't pay their fair share. I showed you how that assumption is patently ridiculous.

But, if you want to talk about pain, how about asking the guy that works at the shipyard building yachts for rich guys or maybe the woman who works at the private jet company. When taxes on the rich increase and they delay or forgo purchases on luxury items, who feels the pain? The workers do. When tax increases push the rich to invest overseas or to sit on their capital, who feels pain? The rich guy or the person trying to start a new business, looking for capital investment?

Continuing the tax cuts for them is the same as writing them a check on the deficit, what is in the national interest to let their Bush tax cuts continue to add to the deficit?

Bullshit. As I pointed out to your previously, raising tax rates on the rich often results in LESS tax revenue to the government, meaning, higher deficits (since nobody's talking about cutting spending). We saw this in France, the UK and California recently. We've seen it many times in America's past.

Sell this turkey, what is the benefit to rest of us to allow the Chinese job creators more cash on the national credit card?

By keeping tax rates low, investment overseas is curtailed. If you want the Chinese to take fewer US jobs, the worst thing you could do is raise tax rates.

It's a spending problem, not a revenue problem.

Trickle down, dump the poor, pretty much what I expected from you.

occupied, this is one stupid wingnut partisan post.

We all have a personal stake in this...everybody, it's going to hurt, but that is what it's going to take.

All the parties have their handprints on this mess.....all of them. I can't believe how much you are in denial over this, dude.

The government spent more than it should have and the chickens are coming home to roost.

Coming home to roost at the republican doorstep. Democrats have nothing to lose here, that should give you some clue that nothing is working out as planned in their attack on the poor while closing ranks around the wealthy.

Forum List

Back