John Boehner 'Dictatorship' Is Letting Time Run Out To Avert 'Fiscal Cliff'

The better for whom? Seriously, this is the most easily avoidable"crisis" of our lifetime.

The CBO's numbers suggest that the fiscal cliff is good for all of us 10 years out. What say you? Don't want higher taxes for yourself, just for the so called rich? I laugh at that premise. :lol:

Doesn't matter that much to me as the Bush tax cuts made no noticeable difference in my life or anyone's life for that matter but there is a lot more at stake here than just a tax hike.

Yeah, there is more here than just tax hikes. It's called reigning in bloated government spending. Which has been the problem with our government, it's a win-win. I'm ready to go over the cliff, everything but my mortgage has been paid off so I can live within my means like I want my government to do.

The CBO's numbers suggest that the fiscal cliff is good for all of us 10 years out. What say you? Don't want higher taxes for yourself, just for the so called rich? I laugh at that premise. :lol:

Doesn't matter that much to me as the Bush tax cuts made no noticeable difference in my life or anyone's life for that matter but there is a lot more at stake here than just a tax hike.

Yeah, there is more here than just tax hikes. It's called reigning in bloated government spending. Which has been the problem with our government, it's a win-win. I'm ready to go over the cliff, everything but my mortgage has been paid off, so I can live within my means like I want my government to do.

Same here...let it rip.

Yeah, there is more here than just tax hikes. It's called reigning in bloated government spending. Which has been the problem with our government, it's a win-win. I'm ready to go over the cliff, everything but my mortgage has been paid off, so I can live within my means like I want my government to do.

Fine with me personally also, but I do not want to see the republican party ruined, rather see them step back from this policy where they must prove government doesn't work by purposefully sabotaging everything.

Fine with me personally also, but I do not want to see the republican party ruined, rather see them step back from this policy where they must prove government doesn't work by purposefully sabotaging everything.

I think this is the wrong hill to make your stand on, occupied.

Custer had a last stand too...we know how that worked out...

If they avoid the cliff, look where our debt and deficit will be in 10 years.

$cliff_s640x805.jpg

How is passing a bill that ensures no one gets a tax rate increase "purposefully sabotaging everything"?

Again, I'm no fan of the Republicans but I fail to the logic in your specific complaints about them. My ire towards Rs is simple. They spend to damn much money we don't have. You're implying something far deeper than that. Can you explain?

Am I to take it that you see some up-side for the republicans actions, or rather inaction, in this mess?

Am I to take it that you see some up-side for the republicans actions, or rather inaction, in this mess?

...and the downside is Republicans get blamed....there's something new and excitingly different. :cool:

Of course, it wouldn't occur to you that our representatives have a responsibility to do what is in the best interests of the American People instead of just seeking political advantage.

How is passing a bill that ensures no one gets a tax rate increase "purposefully sabotaging everything"?

Again, I'm no fan of the Republicans but I fail to the logic in your specific complaints about them. My ire towards Rs is simple. They spend to damn much money we don't have. You're implying something far deeper than that. Can you explain?

Link to the bill you are talking about and I will tell you why it was doomed from the start, their last ditch effort, the so called "plan B", failed just before they skipped town, you cannot possibly be talking about that abortion.

Did you look at the chart from the CBO in regards to the numbers if we cancel the cliff?
Sometimes we just need the damn politicians to get out of the way so we can cure what the problem is. I blame both parties for not addressing the issue of this nation, they had 13 months to work on it and didn't. Our backs are in the corner for a viable solution, neither has the solution, but a bill is in place to actually address what the problem is and correct it if they just don't screw it up. I hope that answers your question.

Of course, it wouldn't occur to you that our representatives have a responsibility to do what is in the best interests of the American People instead of just seeking political advantage.

You think this dysfunctional shit is acting in America's best interests? It's one of the worst failures of leadership I have ever seen in any country.

You think this dysfunctional shit is acting in America's best interests? It's one of the worst failures of leadership I have ever seen in any country.

The fiscal cliff is in the best interest of this country. Yes, there was a failure in leadership, but a bill is in place to take care of that.

There have been worse cases of leadership in other countries...lots of countries, I think just looking at Syria would be one that comes to mind.

Agreed, but you don't understand the exact nature of the Dysfunctional Shit.

When the President proposes a budget that even the Democrat controlled Congress refuses to pass; and the Senate refuses to consider the budget passed by the House, we have dysfunction. Now, who is providing the leadership driving this dysfunction- and what is their motive for creating the resulting chaos?

Link to the bill you are talking about and I will tell you why it was doomed from the start, their last ditch effort, the so called "plan B", failed just before they skipped town, you cannot possibly be talking about that abortion.

No, I'm talking about the bill which passed the House that extends all current tax rates. Reid refuses to put it to a vote in the Senate. But you keep harping on the Republicans inaction. Why?

H.R. 8 includes an extension of current marginal tax rates, as well as dividend and capital gains tax rates. It also extends current estate tax rates and exemption levels through 2013 and provides for an alternative minimum tax (AMT) patch, also through 2013. Without a legislative solution, all of the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts will expire at midnight on New Year’s Eve.

House Passes Tax Rate Extension Act

The fiscal cliff is in the best interest of this country. Yes, there was a failure in leadership, but a bill is in place to take care of that.

There have been worse cases of leadership in other countries...lots of countries, I think just looking at Syria would be one that comes to mind.

Bullshit, America is supposed to be better than this, has always been better than this, to fall so low into this level of dysfunction is historically significant and history will judge the GOP in the harshest possible terms. Nothing good will come from this stunt and it will be the death of the GOP as a national party, maybe you will think it was worth it but I doubt it.

No, I'm talking about the bill which passed the House that extends all current tax rates. Reid refuses to put it to a vote in the Senate. But you keep harping on the Republicans inaction. Why?

H.R. 8 includes an extension of current marginal tax rates, as well as dividend and capital gains tax rates. It also extends current estate tax rates and exemption levels through 2013 and provides for an alternative minimum tax (AMT) patch, also through 2013. Without a legislative solution, all of the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts will expire at midnight on New Year’s Eve.

House Passes Tax Rate Extension Act

Another poison pill bill.

H.R. 8 Leaves No Millionaire Behind but Ends Tax Cuts for a Third of Families with Children | National Women's Law Center

Forum List

Back