John Boehner Calls Tax Break For Middle Class ‘Chicken-Shit’

John Boehner is only interested in tax breaks for oil companies and the super rich.

By Alex Seitz-Wald

Despite their stated opposition to tax increases, Republican lawmakers have been largely cool or even hostile to a proposed extension of the temporary payroll tax cut, pushed by President Obama and Democrats. Finally, this week, Republicans seemed to relent as GOP congressional leaders publicly urged their caucuses to vote for an extension of the plan. “The fact is that Republicans are doing everything we can to allow American families and small businesses to keep more of what they earn,” Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) said this morning of efforts to whip GOP lawmakers to support an extension.

But in private, Boehner seems to hold a different view. Politico reports that in a closed-door GOP meeting this morning, Boehner referred to an extension of the payroll tax holiday as “chicken-shit,” saying he wanted to tack on unrelated legislation favored by Republicans to make it palatable:

GOP leadership told its membership at a closed-door meeting Friday morning it would couple with the expiring tax provisions an easing of environmental regulations on boilers, selling broadband spectrum and paving the way for the controversial Keystone XL pipeline. [...]

Speaker John Boehner referred to the package he’s putting forward as turning “chicken-sh — into chicken salad,” according to people attending the meeting in the Capitol basement Friday morning.

More: After Signaling Support, John Boehner Calls Tax Break For Middle Class 'Chicken-Shit' | ThinkProgress

House GOP loads up year-end bill - Jake Sherman and Seung Min Kim - POLITICO.com

2 cents on the dollar is a chicken shit tax cut---:cuckoo::cuckoo:

John Boehner is only interested in tax breaks for oil companies and the super rich.

Another deflection
:lol:

What happened to that graph after 2007, Chris?
:eusa_whistle:

Which graph?

here, numbnuts,

This chart tells the whole story....

inequality1.jpg

No, not really......

It stops at 2007

How much more has it climbed in the last 4 years??
:eusa_whistle:

It's sound reasoning. The more money they have, the more jobs we have.....:eusa_whistle:

Tax rates for the rich are the lowest they have ever been.

How's that working out?

The boy-king you elected has employers, terrified and afraid to hire. They have no clue how much they will be taxed for many things, including healthcare costs, per employee. So they are holding back and I would too. They don't know what their overhead ( business expenses ) are going to be, until he is out of office....

The smart money nowadays in investing in China and "developing markets" generally. We can give the rich all the rest of our money but it will not lead to more jobs for us. It may lead to more jobs for the Chinese, however. A poor/middle-class tax break will, however, likely lead to more spending which could conceivably lead to more jobs in the U.S. Why not give tax breaks to those lower in the spectrum, if the point is to let everyone keep more of their money?

Last edited:
MJ-change-since-1979-600.gif

Happen to notice when the top 1% began to make out like bandits

When Reagan cut their taxes

Notice how they surged up again after George W. Bush cut their taxes twice...2001 and again in 2003

Last edited:
Notice how it took that to happen in order to raise productivity?

Notice how the "top 1%"'s income doesn't seem to be trending downward since Obama's inauguration, either?

Notice how they surged up again after George W. Bush cut their taxes twice...2001 and again in 2003

Why would I give a phuck about raising productivity if it only profitied the upper 1%

You did noticed that wages have been basically stagnant for thirty years for average workers didn't you.............. It's the blue line.

Why would I give a phuck about raising productivity if it only profitied the upper 1%

You did noticed that wages have been basically stagnant for thirty years for average workers didn't you.............. It's the blue line.

I've gottcher non answer:

IncomeGrowth1980sTop1Bottom99-1.jpg

US-corporate-income-taxes-pct-share-gdp-1946-2009.PNG

So what i can see from this graph is that obama cut corporate tax rates. a lot.

I really like that graph.
:clap2:
2002 the republicans took the majority and you see corporate taxes rise.

2006 the democrats take the majority and you see them fall.

Then if you want to give credit/blame to the sitting President, you see that 3/4 of the way through Bush they're higher than any point of Obama.

Um, didnt you just prove my point you moron?

Taxes paid by corporations fell under obama.....

US-corporate-income-taxes-pct-share-gdp-1946-2009.PNG

So what i can see from this graph is that obama cut corporate tax rates. a lot.

Then if you want to give credit/blame to the sitting President, you see that 3/4 of the way through Bush they're higher than any point of Obama.

I thought it was the evil republicans that looked after corporations....

:eusa_eh:

Your putting words in my mouth friend.

The only claim ive ever made is that obama lowered taxes on corporations.

Your basing your arguments on things you think someone like me could say. Its really strange.

Your putting words in my mouth friend.

The only claim ive ever made is that obama lowered taxes on corporations.

Your basing your arguments on things you think someone like me could say. Its really strange.

Not specifically you, but I can tell by your reply that you know who I mean.
:cool:

But, I will admit that that's the first time I noticed the sentence under your graph, so I apologize.

:redface:

Forum List

Back