John Boehner Calls Tax Break For Middle Class ‘Chicken-Shit’

It's sound reasoning. The more money they have, the more jobs we have.....:eusa_whistle:

Tax rates for the rich are the lowest they have ever been.

How's that working out?

The boy-king you elected has employers, terrified and afraid to hire. They have no clue how much they will be taxed for many things, including healthcare costs, per employee. So they are holding back and I would too. They don't know what their overhead ( business expenses ) are going to be, until he is out of office....

More Republican myth/propaganda. Businesses are sitting on record amounts of cash. "Uncertainty" has nothing to do with it. I.D.S. It's demand, stupid. Pretty simple, really. If people can't afford to buy products (demand), then businesses will stop making product, and will therefore have no need to hire.

Haha so it doesnt matter that the university actually tried to promote him but couldnt?

Wtf?

And dont correct my grammar, i really dont care. Thats something a person does when they have no other argument.

Fine. then you HAVE NO ROOM to call others dumb.
and I didn't lose anything..I proved you to be a lying IDIOT

Your pathetic.

If your entire argument as to why im dumb revolves around grammar, then im not very intimidated.

Im a liar? You've got to be kidding me.

Richard Posner is a Senior Lecturer at UC, and his son is a Professor.

Does that mean world renowned economist and lawyer Richard Posner is less qualified than his son? Or does it mean his life is more constrictive?

no, and who cares, but it does mean hes not a professor, doesn't it? for your idiocy to hold up, then there would be no point in having any delineation/separation at all vis a vis titles vs. responsibilities. they would not bother creating a specific job position via THE OFFER ala tenure and the stipulations/expectations that goes with a professorship, research and publications etc. , the titles would be amalgamated and disappear into one. I except that titled professors would have a problem with that, don't you?

:lol:if a president does not take the oath of office is he president? or is he merely president because he won the electoral college? see how that works?

This chart tells the whole story....

inequality1.jpg

No, not really......

It stops at 2007

How much more has it climbed in the last 4 years??
:eusa_whistle:

46% of folks pay no net fed. taxes, half of those via tax credits receive net money back which basically refunds all of their fica, plus some.

And do you realize that most of those people who don't pay fed taxes are relatively well to do? It's not the poor who don't pay. I know several people who make less than $20k a year and who still end up having tax liability come March. It's the people who make enough to have opportunity to exploit a million and one tax deductions and credits that are able to reduce their tax liability to zero. Including some major corporations, like GE.

oh I understand it fine I just have more on the ball and am not a jealous hack who has so little sense that I am easily led like a sheep. hows that grass taste ?

Okay, so let's forget jealousy and ideology and class warfare for a moment and let's talk about something that pretty much nobody is ever willing to venture into. Let's talk about what works and how it works....

But in private, Boehner seems to hold a different view. Politico reports that in a closed-door GOP meeting this morning, Boehner referred to an extension of the payroll tax holiday as “chicken-shit,” saying he wanted to tack on unrelated legislation favored by Republicans to make it palatable:

What exactly does the right find 'unpalatable' about reducing taxes for the middle-class.

It's sound reasoning. The more money they have, the more jobs we have....

It’s a fallacy: the more money ‘they’ have the greater the profits and the wealthier the shareholders. No jobs are created.

The boy-king you elected has employers, terrified and afraid to hire.

Nonsense.

Employers stopped hiring before Obama became president and they’re not hiring now to maximize profit, and they’ll hire only when profit is jeopardized.

I can't speak for the right but I'll tell you what "I" find unpalatable about extending the payroll tax cuts. Namely it's that we're taking money out of Social Security at a time when it is already been raided by the Federal Government to pay for other programs. Social Security is running out of money...this simply hastens that taking place. The Left is trying to make this into a political millstone that they're trying to hang around the necks of the Republicans. I don't like people playing politics with Social Security. Then again...I don't like the Federal Government being able to take money OUT of Social Security either. That's not THEIR money...it's ours. It's the money we're paying in so we have something to help in our retirements. This robbing Peter to pay off Paul is so out of control in Washington right now that it's not even funny. It needs to stop.

But in private, Boehner seems to hold a different view. Politico reports that in a closed-door GOP meeting this morning, Boehner referred to an extension of the payroll tax holiday as “chicken-shit,” saying he wanted to tack on unrelated legislation favored by Republicans to make it palatable:

What exactly does the right find 'unpalatable' about reducing taxes for the middle-class.

It’s a fallacy: the more money ‘they’ have the greater the profits and the wealthier the shareholders. No jobs are created.

The boy-king you elected has employers, terrified and afraid to hire.

Nonsense.

Employers stopped hiring before Obama became president and they’re not hiring now to maximize profit, and they’ll hire only when profit is jeopardized.

I can't speak for the right but I'll tell you what "I" find unpalatable about extending the payroll tax cuts. Namely it's that we're taking money out of Social Security at a time when it is already been raided by the Federal Government to pay for other programs. Social Security is running out of money...this simply hastens that taking place. The Left is trying to make this into a political millstone that they're trying to hang around the necks of the Republicans. I don't like people playing politics with Social Security. Then again...I don't like the Federal Government being able to take money OUT of Social Security either. That's not THEIR money...it's ours. It's the money we're paying in so we have something to help in our retirements. This robbing Peter to pay off Paul is so out of control in Washington right now that it's not even funny. It needs to stop.

Social Security, Social Security, Social Security. I remember when the first people began to draw a pittance from social security...about 1942, 43. The act was initiated about 1935 and guess what.......the Republicans screamed that it would cost jobs. They continued to scream until the act went to the supreme court twice before it was finally ruled constitutional. Republicans would like to see the poverty stricken back on county poor farms(poorhouses) A couple of acres and a basically empty house where a group of poverty stricken people lived and those who could still amble about would raise and can enough food to feed all of them. This country is lightly sprinkled with unmarked graves from those days.

Social Security is the only program in Washington that month end and month out pays it's own way.

Last edited:
Righties want to take us back to the good old days - when a mule drops dead, just put a live one in its place. The mine mule mentality...

Righties want to take us back to the good old days - when a mule drops dead, just put a live one in its place. The mine mule mentality...

You're right. To me the good old days were the 90's when the rich paid their fair share and the economy boomed and the government was operating with a surplus.

You're right. To me the good old days were the 90's when the rich paid their fair share and the economy boomed and the government was operating with a surplus.

Bill Clinton and Newt Gingrich did a good job balancing the budget.

They raised taxes on the rich and cut the bloated defense budget.

Amen! President Newt would really whack the defense budget.

Are you serious or are you joking?

I'm serious. I believe Newt, if he became president, would really whack the shit out of the defense budget - including social programs.

I'm serious. I believe Newt, if he became president, would really whack the shit out of the defense budget - including social programs.

I believe the deficit problem is already solved.

The Bush tax cuts expire next year, and the automatic spending cuts kick in Jan of 2013.

But getting back to Newt.

Even though Newt is a lying POS, I have liked him since he went around with Dr. Dean Ornish lecturing about the value of a low fat diet.

And just to reiterate: someone that has to knit-pick at grammar is someone that has no other argument.

Ill call anyone i want dumb, my grammar on an internet forum does not define my intelligence.

But your inability to refute anything other than my choice of homonym certainly says something about you

:lol:
you were REFUTED dummy. but carry on with your rant.
Dismissed

You do realize obama was elected to state senate in 96 right?? the same year he became senior lecturer??

I was refuted?

In the real world obama was one of 7 respected senior lecturers at UC Law, among world renowned legal minds, and was prevented from teaching full time because he was a state senator the entire time, among many other things.

But in the conservatard bubble obama is a drooling moron whom was nothing more than a guest speaker once a semester to an undergraduate college class.

Its devoid of all reality.

46% of folks pay no net fed. taxes, half of those via tax credits receive net money back which basically refunds all of their fica, plus some.

And do you realize that most of those people who don't pay fed taxes are relatively well to do?

please define well to do.

are you are speaking of the 350,000 or so of folks who file with an agi of 1 million or more?

or the the whole enchilada? the over 250K set, who report an agi greater than $250,000? Those folks make up just 2% of the filers, they earn 24.1 percent of all income, and pay 43.6 percent of all personal federal income taxes...you mean those folks?

It's not the poor who don't pay. I know several people who make less than $20k a year and who still end up having tax liability come March.

I would be interested in seeing how that worked out, please explain?

It's the people who make enough to have opportunity to exploit a million and one tax deductions and credits that are able to reduce their tax liability to zero.

see first comment and it sounds like you are making an argument that Simpson Bowles wanted address, lower rates but a cut in deductions.

Including some major corporations, like GE.

the topic is not corp taxes.

oh I understand it fine I just have more on the ball and am not a jealous hack who has so little sense that I am easily led like a sheep. hows that grass taste ?

Okay, so let's forget jealousy and ideology and class warfare for a moment and let's talk about something that pretty much nobody is ever willing to venture into. Let's talk about what works and how it works....

ok, like what?

This chart tells the whole story....

inequality1.jpg

No, not really......

It stops at 2007

How much more has it climbed in the last 4 years??
:eusa_whistle:

Lol not that repubs would let obama do anything about it any way...
(remember your previously enjoyed majority???)

Nominated for USMB best deflector
:clap2:

I noticed you skimmed right over the part where I slapped your other graph back in your face
:lol:

Giving a small tax break to the middle class while massively hiking taxes in every other area is about the most chicken shit thing the government can do. But we are talking about democrats who only know chicken shit. In fact, this is the party that prides themselves on making chicken shit out of chicken salad.

Forum List

Back