John 3:16 means you have to be Christian to get into heaven

What about those too young to understand Jesus?
What about all those born before Jesus?
What about people born in the ME, India or China today, Buddhists, Hindus, Jews and Muslims, that have never learned or even heard about Jesus?

Excellent question.

What Jesus said at the time, "If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin." which implies that those who never heard of him, were too young to understand, or were born and died before he came were also not guilty of sin.

By the time Jesus appeared the truth had been lost to time for a thousand years...

To be guilty of the sin of unbelief, one would have to have heard his testimony which implies understanding, and then rejected it.

By that standard no one alive today has ever heard or understood his teaching.

That too had been lost to time a thousand years before anyone alive today was born.

He would have to reappear and clear things up before anyone would be guilty of the sin of rejecting his testimony.

Refusing to believe in what cannot be rationally explained or understood is not a sin. Thats actually the right way to lead a kosher life.

What about people born in the ME, India or China today, Buddhists, Hindus, Jews and Muslims, that have never learned or even heard about Jesus?

Excellent question.

What Jesus said at the time, "If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin." which implies that those who never heard of him, were too young to understand, or were born and died before he came were also not guilty of sin.

By the time Jesus appeared the truth had been lost to time for a thousand years...

To be guilty of the sin of unbelief, one would have to have heard his testimony which implies understanding, and then rejected it.

That too had been lost to time a thousand years before anyone alive today was born.

He would have to reappear and clear things up before anyone would be guilty of the sin of rejecting his testimony.

Refusing to believe in what cannot be rationally explained or understood is not a sin. Thats actually the right way to lead a kosher life.

Where does he say the only sin is unbelief? Or that it was the only sin he was referring to?

Excellent question.

If people had access to heaven before Jesus but are now restricted by belief in him, it appears that Jesus has not come to save mankind but to condemn most of them to hell.

Excellent question.

Patience is an excellent virtue and the Holy Spirit knows when the timing is correct for each and everyone to be fully awakened and even that is a lengthy process. That cloud and veil is there to protect and keep what cannot be seen by a carnally minded human.

Excellent question.

Patience is an excellent virtue and the Holy Spirit knows when the timing is correct for each and everyone to be fully awakened and even that is a lengthy process. That cloud and veil is there to protect and keep what cannot be seen by a carnally minded human.
So I guess you don't know the answers either.

Excellent question.

So I guess you don't know the answers either.
Would you be able to hear the answers if I gave them to you? Or would I be wasting my time trying to explain something that you should be seeking for your self through the spirit in you? Aren't you another one of self proclaimed atheist on this board?

I've actually put an answer into several post on this board if the spirit of 'life' within you that gives 'breath' is able to accept it. If not, I suppose you will have to keep on seeking, searching, praying and looking.

Would you be able to hear the answers if I gave them to you? Or would I be wasting my time trying to explain something that you should be seeking for your self through the spirit in you?
Does truth require faith?

Aren't you another one of self proclaimed atheist on this board?
We are all atheists. You don't believe in Zeus, Vishnu, or any of the other myriad gods that faith have led people to. I just believe in one less god than you do.

Excellent question.

So accepting his teachings can occur without human understanding, or knowledge of God? I agree.

Last edited:
Would you be able to hear the answers if I gave them to you? Or would I be wasting my time trying to explain something that you should be seeking for your self through the spirit in you?
Does truth require faith?

Aren't you another one of self proclaimed atheist on this board?
We are all atheists. You don't believe in Zeus, Vishnu, or any of the other myriad gods that faith have led people to. I just believe in one less god than you do.
"All atheists" in your mind maybe... Faith is required to be patient enough to know that in time truth will always overcome and prevail over lies and false precepts that are perpetrated in all sorts of forms whether those are carnal or spiritual in this world and the one to come for those who have not yet learn to be overcomer's of great lies perpetrated by those who remain asleep or who blinded in their own sin.

Excellent question.

So accepting his teachings can occur with human understanding, or knowledge of God? I agree.
Every soul has a start point no matter how small that may be.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Is there any support in the Bible for the opposite position, that a man or woman can obtain salvation without belief in Christ?

Because this is a pretty common belief, even among Christians, and I think it is wrong.
So the Jews are right out now?

God's chosen people are out, no way. God knows our hearts minds deceive.

We all are saved through the Grace of God. He gave us free will and learned through the sins of Cain that we will do the wrong things. Through Jesus God takes responsibly for the evil we do because of the free will that He gave us. All we have to do is accept the Grace and have Faith. Not too hard of a concept to understand.

And Romans? The Romans, including Pilate, orchestrated Christ's death. Jews were their slaves, the Romans were heathens.

We all are saved through the Grace of God. He gave us free will and learned through the sins of Cain that we will do the wrong things. Through Jesus God takes responsibly for the evil we do because of the free will that He gave us. All we have to do is accept the Grace and have Faith. Not too hard of a concept to understand.
God 'learned' something? I didn't think that was possible since he already knows everything, past, present, and future.

I'm still curious about people who never had a chance to 'accept the Grace' since they never learned about Jesus.

Forum List

Back