John 3:16 means you have to be Christian to get into heaven

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Is there any support in the Bible for the opposite position, that a man or woman can obtain salvation without belief in Christ?

Because this is a pretty common belief, even among Christians, and I think it is wrong.

So a Christian book says you have to be Christian to get into heaven

Color me surprised

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Is there any support in the Bible for the opposite position, that a man or woman can obtain salvation without belief in Christ?

Because this is a pretty common belief, even among Christians, and I think it is wrong.

But it doesn't say that not believing in him means one WILL perish. Deriving this as true from the passage is a logical error. When God is setting the rules of eternal standard of living, he should really get someone to proofread.

John 14:6:

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

He made a mistake. He gave His son and look at the world today. Nasty, awful, filled with horrors for man and beast. God's experiment failed. I wish He would just throw His hands up and destroy the whole place. Only creation He made that did NOT fail were animals and nature. There are many good people on this planet...but the bad outweigh the good too much now. Time to clean house and drain the swamp.

John 14:6:

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

And everyone he was talking to rolled their eyes and went back to herding goats.....good one Jesus, see you at the pub later....

In principle I agree, except that HEAVEN is NOT the reward of the saved.

When all this is over, God the Father will COME DOWN FROM HEAVEN and make His permanent home with resurrected Man on the New Earth (after it has been purged with fire).

He made a mistake. He gave His son and look at the world today.
He doesn't make mistakes.

God ISN'T calling the world today. It is under SATAN'S rule until the Return of Christ.

At this time, God only rules the Church (the TRUE church -- not anyone who calls themselves "Christian").

He made a mistake. He gave His son and look at the world today. Nasty, awful, filled with horrors for man and beast. God's experiment failed. I wish He would just throw His hands up and destroy the whole place. Only creation He made that did NOT fail were animals and nature. There are many good people on this planet...but the bad outweigh the good too much now. Time to clean house and drain the swamp.

Do you think there has been no improvement in humanity since the time the passage was written in? Why would today be the time for a god to give up, rather than in times when slavery was a fairly accepted institution, when women had little in the way of rights, when life was much cheaper than it is now, at least in the Western world? There are horrors today, certainly, but mankind has always perpetrated horrors. :dunno:

The Bible is not a literal text, and those who believe that it is so, are concrete learners and cannot abstract.

those who believe that it is so, are concrete learners

Sometimes, beautiful things can be made from concrete ...

long-museum.jpg

Another fairy tale thread. The book of John and Mathew come from what era of history and from what part of the earth? Quick answer John and Mathew are not middle eastern names. So someone screwed up somewhere.

Amazing how much credence they put into The Big Book of Myths and Fables.

Yet Jesus said came to fufill the law, not change it. If an infant dies, no heavan?

Strange that the God Haters are so insecure in their faith that they feel the need to interject their opinion in a thread that clearly doesn't pertain to them.

This thread is for those who accept the authority of the Scriptures. We get that you reject this and all the other verses.

Strange that the God Haters are so insecure in their faith that they feel the need to interject their opinion in a thread that clearly doesn't pertain to them.

This thread is for those who accept the authority of the Scriptures. We get that you reject this and all the other verses.

"Strange that the God Haters are so insecure in their faith that they feel the need to interject their opinion in a thread that clearly doesn't pertain to them."

It doesn't, eh? Funny, you religious nutballs assure me every single day that it DOES pertain to all humans. We'll try to keep up with your lane changes. ;)

Forum List

Back