Joe lieberman Praises Trumps Efforts to Free Iran

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Well, I'll bet most Democrats today just cant wait till Lieberman's generation of genuine liberalism all dies off.

How dare he complement a racist orange demon like Trump?

Hundreds Attend Free Iran Rally, Lieberman Praises Trump Efforts

Hundreds of lawmakers, officials, and dignitaries from around the world traveled to Albania this weekend to take part in the 2019 Free Iran rally, including former U.S. Vice Presidential candidate and Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT) and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani.
The conference was held at ‘Ashraf 3’, the headquarters of the People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (Mujahedin-e Khalq, MEK or PMOI), and also featured Iranian opposition leader Maryam Rajavi as the keynote speaker.

Lieberman, who appeared on stage at the event, praised President Donald Trump for his “heroic” and “historic” action against the Iranian government.​

b52.jpg

Well, I'll bet most Democrats today just cant wait till Lieberman's generation of genuine liberalism all dies off.

How dare he complement a racist orange demon like Trump?

Hundreds Attend Free Iran Rally, Lieberman Praises Trump Efforts

Hundreds of lawmakers, officials, and dignitaries from around the world traveled to Albania this weekend to take part in the 2019 Free Iran rally, including former U.S. Vice Presidential candidate and Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT) and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani.
The conference was held at ‘Ashraf 3’, the headquarters of the People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (Mujahedin-e Khalq, MEK or PMOI), and also featured Iranian opposition leader Maryam Rajavi as the keynote speaker.

Lieberman, who appeared on stage at the event, praised President Donald Trump for his “heroic” and “historic” action against the Iranian government.​
What exactly do you think tRump is freeing Iran from, and what has he do to do it?

Really? I guess I don't know one way or the other. I just remember the uprisings of the Iranian people during the Obama years and assumed the majority was anti-government.
A lot of that was CIA disinformation and western media hype. Much like the recent events in Venezuela.

Historically, the Iranian people have shown they are fully capable of banding together and ousting the government when they get feed up. An example is freeing themselves of the Shah after 25 years of brutal oppression and dictatorial rule. ... :cool:

The majority of the Iranian people like their government and wish the western powers would just leave them alone. .... :cool:

yeah but seeing the zionist YOU are,you are glad they DONT leave them alone and murder them all the time.

Really? I guess I don't know one way or the other. I just remember the uprisings of the Iranian people during the Obama years and assumed the majority was anti-government.
A lot of that was CIA disinformation and western media hype. Much like the recent events in Venezuela.

Historically, the Iranian people have shown they are fully capable of banding together and ousting the government when they get feed up. An example is freeing themselves of the Shah after 25 years of brutal oppression and dictatorial rule. ... :cool:
Yes I remember that. But they really prefer the rule of the Ayatollah?

Yes I remember that. But they really prefer the rule of the Ayatollah?

The Iranian elections are not allowed choices of any party that would end the rule of Islamic Shariah law. Such parties are unconstitutional in Iran and the Guardian Council will not approve of them being candidates for office at any level. This is why Reformists in Iran have such a difficult time as the Guardian Council is 6 clergymen appointed by the Supreme LEader and 6 jurists appointed by the top justice who is also appointed by the Supreme Leader.

I have no problem with Iran having a theocracy if that is what they want to h ave, but I do not think it is a durable regime because it denies a voice to secular voices within Iran.

The majority of the Iranian people like their government and wish the western powers would just leave them alone. .... :cool:
Meh, I don't know how you affirm that.

I found this

Polling Iran: What do Iranians think? - Journalist's Resource

World Public Opinion

WorldPublicOpinion.org, also at the University of Maryland, collected Iranian political attitudes by telephone in September 2009. It found:

• 63 percent of Iranians wished to restore diplomatic relations; 27 percent opposed.
  • 60 percent favored unconditional talks with the United States; 30 percent opposed.
  • 77 percent had an unfavorable view of the U.S. government, down from 85 percent the year before, at the end of George W. Bush’s administration.
  • 85 percent felt the U.S. government treats their country unfairly.
  • 27 percent said they were completely free to express their views; 44 percent said they were “somewhat free”; 23 percent said they were not free.
  • 68 percent said it was “definitely a U.S. goal” to “weaken and divide the Islamic world.”
  • 38 percent favored developing atomic weapons and nuclear power; 55 percent favored only developing nuclear power.
Parts of the report, which is available in hard copy in some libraries, are available here and here. Several other World Public Opinion surveys of the Iranian public are on its website.

World Values Survey

The World Values Survey, which is run out of Sweden by a global network of scholars, has polled Iran twice — in 2000 and then in 2005. The personal, face-to-face interviews measure topics like happiness, faith, how much time Iranians spend with their families, and their views on politics. The surveys, unfortunately, are not longitudinal — the questions are not identical in different years. A few examples:

• In 2000, 18.7 percent of men and 12.6 percent of women reported “frequently” discussing politics with friends; respectively, 28.8 and 24.2 percent reported “never” doing so.
  • In 2000, protecting the environment was important to more respondents than economic growth. In 2005, the question was worded differently, but the economy was a greater concern.
  • In 2000, 69.4 percent agreed with the statement, “when jobs are scarce, men should have more right to a job than women.” That number was statistically unchanged in 2005, at 69 percent.
  • In 2000, more Iranians expressed support for army rule (67.3 percent) than for a democratic political system (55.2 percent). But in 2005, 64.2 percent called army rule “fairly bad” or “very bad” and 91.2 percent called democracy a “very good” or “fairly good” system of government.
Gallup

One of the most prominent Western pollsters operating in Iran is Gallup, which, like IranPoll.com, uses a mix of telephone and face-to-face interviews. Often the results are only available by subscription, which many libraries offer.

The Gallup World Poll dates back to 2006 and covers dozens of variables — from what Iranians think of the U.S. government, to economic confidence, perceptions of corruption and access to healthcare and the internet.

Some of the data are available for free online, while most require a subscription (available at many libraries). A few examples:

• The percentage of Iranians who report smiling or laughing “a lot yesterday” has climbed steadily since 2006, from 53 to 73 percent in 2016.
  • The percentage of people who report that religion is important in their lives has climbed from 76 to 86 percent over the same period.
  • Iranians face a great deal of economic uncertainty. In 2016, only 7 percent reported being employed full time by a company (as opposed to self-employed), down from 14 percent in 2015. By comparison, in the U.S. the number is 44 percent. When this is indexed, Iran places 132 out of 142 countries; it ties with Somalia and Yemen.
  • In 2016, Iranians reported being the second-most stressed-out country in the world, after Greece. (The question was, “Did you experience the following feelings during a lot of the day yesterday? How about stress?”)
  • As far as overall economic confidence, Iran is somewhere in the middle of the global pack (51 out of 141). But use this finding with extreme caution: Residents of Uzbekistan — one of the former Soviet Union’s most repressive dictatorships and backwards, kleptocratic economies, according to the U.S. government — have the greatest economic confidence in the world. Unemployment is so high in Uzbekistan that millions of people leave every year to take the most difficult and poorly paid jobs Russia has to offer.
Gallup Poll Briefing is another product available by subscription. Some examples:

• In 2008, before the 2009 election crisis, Iranians were slightly more likely (50 percent) than Americans (47 percent) to express confidence in their electoral process.
  • In 2013, more Iranians disapproved (41 percent) than approved (34 percent) of their country developing “nuclear power capabilities for military use.”
  • “Iranians’ already low approval of U.S. leadership did not get worse after the U.S. toughened sanctions in late 2011. Eight percent of Iranians approved of U.S. leadership in late 2011 and early 2012 — one of the lowest ratings the U.S. receives worldwide. While nearly half of Iranians (46 percent) support cutting ties with countries that impose economic sanctions on Iran, nearly one in three (31 percent) do not, showing a sizable minority of Iranians still value relations.”
  • By early 2015 — a year after the West began easing sanctions during nuclear negotiations with Iran — fewer Iranians were reporting that sanctions were negatively affecting them.
Other polls

• The Harvard Kennedy School library maintains this list of American and global opinion polls, while the Boston College library keeps this list of international polls.
  • A 2013 poll by the Pew Research Center found 69 percent of Americans held a negative view of Iran, as did 59 percent of adults in 39 disparate countries. Only 11 percent of adults in those countries felt that Iran’s government respects its citizens’ personal freedoms.
  • Between 2001 and 2006, the number of Americans viewing Iran as their country’s “greatest enemy” jumped from 8 percent to 31 percent, according to Gallup. George W. Bush gave his “axis of evil” speech in early 2002.
  • Polling Report collates prominent surveys of American opinion on Iran here.
  • The RAND Corporation — a think tank close to the U.S. defense establishment — conducted a poll shortly after the contested 2009 election as well as this one that uses social media to gauge public opinion.
Other resources

You also remember the brutal beatdown they took from government thugs.

It wouldn't be like that if Iran had a second amendment.

Jo

Polling Iran: What do Iranians think? - Journalist's Resource
World Public Opinion
WorldPublicOpinion.org, also at the University of Maryland, collected Iranian political attitudes by telephone in September 2009. It found:

• 63 percent of Iranians wished to restore diplomatic relations; 27 percent opposed.
  • 60 percent favored unconditional talks with the United States; 30 percent opposed.
  • 77 percent had an unfavorable view of the U.S. government, down from 85 percent the year before, at the end of George W. Bush’s administration.
  • 85 percent felt the U.S. government treats their country unfairly.
  • 27 percent said they were completely free to express their views; 44 percent said they were “somewhat free”; 23 percent said they were not free.
  • 68 percent said it was “definitely a U.S. goal” to “weaken and divide the Islamic world.”
  • 38 percent favored developing atomic weapons and nuclear power; 55 percent favored only developing nuclear power.
Parts of the report, which is available in hard copy in some libraries, are available here and here. Several other World Public Opinion surveys of the Iranian public are on its website.

World Values Survey

The World Values Survey, which is run out of Sweden by a global network of scholars, has polled Iran twice — in 2000 and then in 2005. The personal, face-to-face interviews measure topics like happiness, faith, how much time Iranians spend with their families, and their views on politics. The surveys, unfortunately, are not longitudinal — the questions are not identical in different years. A few examples:

• In 2000, 18.7 percent of men and 12.6 percent of women reported “frequently” discussing politics with friends; respectively, 28.8 and 24.2 percent reported “never” doing so.
  • In 2000, protecting the environment was important to more respondents than economic growth. In 2005, the question was worded differently, but the economy was a greater concern.
  • In 2000, 69.4 percent agreed with the statement, “when jobs are scarce, men should have more right to a job than women.” That number was statistically unchanged in 2005, at 69 percent.
  • In 2000, more Iranians expressed support for army rule (67.3 percent) than for a democratic political system (55.2 percent). But in 2005, 64.2 percent called army rule “fairly bad” or “very bad” and 91.2 percent called democracy a “very good” or “fairly good” system of government.
Gallup

One of the most prominent Western pollsters operating in Iran is Gallup, which, like IranPoll.com, uses a mix of telephone and face-to-face interviews. Often the results are only available by subscription, which many libraries offer.

The Gallup World Poll dates back to 2006 and covers dozens of variables — from what Iranians think of the U.S. government, to economic confidence, perceptions of corruption and access to healthcare and the internet.

Some of the data are available for free online, while most require a subscription (available at many libraries). A few examples:

• The percentage of Iranians who report smiling or laughing “a lot yesterday” has climbed steadily since 2006, from 53 to 73 percent in 2016.
  • The percentage of people who report that religion is important in their lives has climbed from 76 to 86 percent over the same period.
  • Iranians face a great deal of economic uncertainty. In 2016, only 7 percent reported being employed full time by a company (as opposed to self-employed), down from 14 percent in 2015. By comparison, in the U.S. the number is 44 percent. When this is indexed, Iran places 132 out of 142 countries; it ties with Somalia and Yemen.
  • In 2016, Iranians reported being the second-most stressed-out country in the world, after Greece. (The question was, “Did you experience the following feelings during a lot of the day yesterday? How about stress?”)
  • As far as overall economic confidence, Iran is somewhere in the middle of the global pack (51 out of 141). But use this finding with extreme caution: Residents of Uzbekistan — one of the former Soviet Union’s most repressive dictatorships and backwards, kleptocratic economies, according to the U.S. government — have the greatest economic confidence in the world. Unemployment is so high in Uzbekistan that millions of people leave every year to take the most difficult and poorly paid jobs Russia has to offer.
Gallup Poll Briefing is another product available by subscription. Some examples:

• In 2008, before the 2009 election crisis, Iranians were slightly more likely (50 percent) than Americans (47 percent) to express confidence in their electoral process.
  • In 2013, more Iranians disapproved (41 percent) than approved (34 percent) of their country developing “nuclear power capabilities for military use.”
  • “Iranians’ already low approval of U.S. leadership did not get worse after the U.S. toughened sanctions in late 2011. Eight percent of Iranians approved of U.S. leadership in late 2011 and early 2012 — one of the lowest ratings the U.S. receives worldwide. While nearly half of Iranians (46 percent) support cutting ties with countries that impose economic sanctions on Iran, nearly one in three (31 percent) do not, showing a sizable minority of Iranians still value relations.”
  • By early 2015 — a year after the West began easing sanctions during nuclear negotiations with Iran — fewer Iranians were reporting that sanctions were negatively affecting them.
Other polls

• The Harvard Kennedy School library maintains this list of American and global opinion polls, while the Boston College library keeps this list of international polls.
  • A 2013 poll by the Pew Research Center found 69 percent of Americans held a negative view of Iran, as did 59 percent of adults in 39 disparate countries. Only 11 percent of adults in those countries felt that Iran’s government respects its citizens’ personal freedoms.
  • Between 2001 and 2006, the number of Americans viewing Iran as their country’s “greatest enemy” jumped from 8 percent to 31 percent, according to Gallup. George W. Bush gave his “axis of evil” speech in early 2002.
  • Polling Report collates prominent surveys of American opinion on Iran here.
  • The RAND Corporation — a think tank close to the U.S. defense establishment — conducted a poll shortly after the contested 2009 election as well as this one that uses social media to gauge public opinion.
Other resources

I'm not a fan of the accuracy of polls because most of them have an agenda.

Remember how all the polls said that Hillary was going to win the election in a landslide? .... :cool:

Genuine liberalism ≠ neo conservatism
Try again.
Lol, OK, why don't you share what 'genuine liberalism' is in your view.
In this context it is a respect for the sovereignty of the people of Iran to determine their own course.
Lol, horse poopoo.

Liberalism is a structured system of thought and you seem to be completely unfamiliar with it or unwilling to discuss it.

Either way, you embarrass yourself.

BTW, I agree with you on this particular point but it has nothing to do with liberalism. It has everything to do with respecting the will of a nation of people.

Forum List

Back