Joe lieberman Praises Trumps Efforts to Free Iran

Genuine liberalism ≠ neo conservatism
Try again.
Lol, OK, why don't you share what 'genuine liberalism' is in your view.
In this context it is a respect for the sovereignty of the people of Iran to determine their own course.
Lol, horse poopoo.

Liberalism is a structured system of thought and you seem to be completely unfamiliar with it or unwilling to discuss it.

Either way, you embarrass yourself.

BTW, I agree with you on this particular point but it has nothing to do with liberalism. It has everything to do with respecting the will of a nation of people.
It has nothing to do with liberalism? Are you crazy?

Liberalism is the philosophy of liberty. Consent of the governed is a primary tenet, enshrined in our own founding documents.

If you think I was going to give a dissertation about all that encompasses liberal philosophy, sorry to disappoint you.

Does neocon nutbag Joe Lieberman still think Yahweh likes him for not using electricity on Saturdays?

It has nothing to do with liberalism? Are you crazy?

Nope, not crazy. Almost every modern ideology at least pays lip service to democratic processes, from outright Bolshevism on the far left to traditional reactionaries on the far right.

There is nothing distinctly liberal about saying you respect the will of the people.

Liberalism is the philosophy of liberty. Consent of the governed is a primary tenet, enshrined in our own founding documents.

Libertarians would disagree. Liberalism today is all about government control, and Identity Politics - the modern form of Racist ideology.

If you think I was going to give a dissertation about all that encompasses liberal philosophy, sorry to disappoint you.

Lol, I was not disappointed at all, as I doubt you can define liberalism and I see that I am right.

You are just another me-too-er trying to be hip with pop culture and think that makes you a liberal.

Well, I'll bet most Democrats today just cant wait till Lieberman's generation of genuine liberalism all dies off.

How dare he complement a racist orange demon like Trump?

[Shitty Breitbart link erased.]Hundreds Attend Free Iran Rally, Lieberman Praises Trump Efforts

Hundreds of lawmakers, officials, and dignitaries from around the world traveled to Albania this weekend to take part in the 2019 Free Iran rally, including former U.S. Vice Presidential candidate and Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT) and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani.
The conference was held at ‘Ashraf 3’, the headquarters of the People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (Mujahedin-e Khalq, MEK or PMOI), and also featured Iranian opposition leader Maryam Rajavi as the keynote speaker.

Lieberman, who appeared on stage at the event, praised President Donald Trump for his “heroic” and “historic” action against the Iranian government.​

Breitbart? Have you gone full-scale mouth-breather? That would be disappointing.

Other than that, why wouldn't Lieberman, the unapologetic trumpeter of war against any Muslim country he could find on a map, join a stage with the terrorist mouth-breathers of the Mujahedin-e Khalq? And, you didn't even perk up when that particularly odious goon praised the "heroic" Private Bonespurs?

Laughable.

There is nothing distinctly liberal about saying you respect the will of the people.
There is nothing genuinely liberal about imposing your will on a sovereign people. This is the only point I intended to make.
Well, I respectfully disagree with Lieberman on that particular issue, but he is a Democrat in good standing on the moderate wing of the party, whats left of it.

There is nothing genuinely liberal about imposing your will on a sovereign people. This is the only point I intended to make.
Well, I respectfully disagree with Lieberman on that particular issue, but he is a Democrat in good standing on the moderate wing of the party, whats left of it.
Based solely on your op, it's not readily apparent that you do disagree with him on that issue. If you don't agree with his right wing position, why did you highlight it in your op?

Based solely on your op, it's not readily apparent that you do disagree with him on that issue. If you don't agree with his right wing position, why did you highlight it in your op?
Because Joe is an old style liberal who can still respect his opponents, just as I do.

It is good to remind conservatives that not all liberals are over-the-top wack jobs from time to time.

The majority of the Iranian people like their government and wish the western powers would just leave them alone. .... :cool:

Well, Sunni, if the regime would give up nuclear aspirations and being the world's worst state sponsor of terrorism......the world would.

The problem is not because they're Muslim.

Forum List

Back