Jobless rate hits 9.7%

Didn't our very own DavidS predict the jobless rate to drop? Why yes he did!

David, explain yourself!

I'm going to try to convince my daughter's left wing teacher that the 80% she got on a quiz is actually 97%... after all, Obama thinks they are the same... you know, Unemployment will not go over 8%.... 8 and 9.7 MUST be the same

Do 7.8% of those 9.7% get to blame Bush for their predicament? That was the rate when he left.

Do the people who lost their jobs while Bush was at the helm get to blame Obama? Or is that only the right wing spin meisters who get to do that

Do 7.8% of those 9.7% get to blame Bush for their predicament? That was the rate when he left.

Do the people who lost their jobs while Bush was at the helm get to blame Obama? Or is that only the right wing spin meisters who get to do that

:cuckoo:

Rather than toy around with cute little emoticons, why don't you simply answer the question posed, ozzmdj? Oh that's right....the answer wouldn't support your agenda....too bad.

and it was around 4 - 5 % when democrats won in 2006. You dopey libs sure fucked everything up in a hurry.

and it was around 4 - 5 % when democrats won in 2006. You dopey libs sure fucked everything up in a hurry.

Please state SPECIFICALLY what the "libs" did to cause unemployment rise after they took control of Congress.

From "Manutacturing Today": Analysts expect businesses will be reluctant to hire until they are convinced the economy is on a firm path to recovery. Many private economists, and the Federal Reserve, expect the unemployment rate to top 10 percent by the end of this year.

If laid-off workers who have settled for part-time work or have given up looking for new jobs are included, the so-called underemployment rate reached 16.8 percent, the highest on records dating from 1994. That rate rose because the number of workers settling for part-time hours, either because their employer cut their work week or because that's all they could find, increased by about 300,000.

But earnings rose and the number of hours worked stayed above a recent record-low. Average hourly wages increased to $18.65 from $18.59, the department reported. Average weekly earnings increased to $617.32.

The number of weekly hours worked remained at 33.1, above the low of 33 reached in June. That figure is important because economists expect companies will add more hours for current workers before they hire new ones.

http://www.manufacturing.net/article.aspx?id=216480

Last edited by a moderator:

Please state SPECIFICALLY what the "libs" did to cause unemployment rise after they took control of Congress.

Yeah I have heard that line before. Nice spin.

Democrats controlled congress and the money since 2006. They blew off the fannie/freddie meltdown even after being warned by republicans.

Are you trying to deflect from that fact? Why, yes of course you are.

And before you even bother, the republican's hands aren't clean in this either. But you clowns were in charge.

You did the wrong thing and/or you did nothing.

I'm going to try to convince my daughter's left wing teacher that the 80% she got on a quiz is actually 97%... after all, Obama thinks they are the same... you know, Unemployment will not go over 8%.... 8 and 9.7 MUST be the same

I'm not sure why I am on your ignore list in your signature but you should try to get the teacher to spread the wealth and take some points from another students paper and give it to your daughter...

The REAL number is a lot WORSE than 9.7%. First of all they do not count Americans who have frankly given up on finding a job & no longer receive unemployment benefits. Michigan--with the highest at 14% unemployment, California is well over 10%--& all states that have been primarily democrat run over the decades are in total disaster.

Can you believe Joe Biden's B.S. The economy is impoving because of the stimulus bill. First of all these morons were trying to do an FDR recovery. Back in the 1930's road & bridge work consisted of thousands of men with pics & shovels. Today--one single heavy equipment operator - can do the work of 400 men. That's how STUPID this administration is.

Our economy is so completely diverse from the 1930's--we don't even resemble the 1930's today. Yet they signed off on all this pork--political pay-backs--executive bonuses & road in bridge work before any of them even read it, much less discussed it.

57% of the American population feel they could pick a name out of a phone book--elect them for their congressmen & senators & that they would do a better job. I agree 100%.

Last edited:
You are correct. We can blame Obama, George Bush and the Democrat Senate and House since 2006.

Seeing as how "W" aint around no more we can only deal with those in power.

Can you imagine how high it'd be without the stimulus plan! It's be like 12%, official, 21% unofficially.

Wow, and as of yet, no talk of renegotiation of trade agreements, putting some tariffs on the countries that have tariffs on our products, or putting requirements on corporations to check to make sure their employees aren't illegal immigrants. I might add, let us repeal this H1B visa thing, where they are importing skilled labor from other countries because they can pay them less.

We've got to plug some of those holes we've punched in our economy, due to foolhardy Milton Friedman idiot policies we've been following, that only benefit the top 5 percent slice of our population.

Forum List

Back