Jobless claims at a 49 year low...

What percent of Federal payroll taxes come from employer?

• Employers DON"T pay payroll taxes they just keep profits

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Employers pay less than employees do

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Employers match employees payroll tax of 6.2%

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If this is the best the right wing has to offer,

Tax Cut Economics are worthless when they don't cover Spending.
Is that why revenue went up after the Trump tax cuts?

I’m all for ending funding to every Leftard program.

Revenue did not go up after Trumps tax cuts. I have proven this to you 10 times already, and you keep repeating the same lie.

This is the link to the current treasure statement from the Trump Admin.

Monthly Treasury Statement

Here is a snip from the revenue table...

The tax cut took effect in Jan 2018.

If you add up the numbers from Jan - Aug of 2017 the total is $2,225,400,000,000
If you add up the numbers from Jan - Aug of 2018 the total is $2,215,674,000,000

I know that math is too hard for you, so let me help you out. The total from Jan-Aug of 2017 is larger than the number from Jan-Aug 2018 by an amount of $9,726,000,000. That means that revenue went down after the Trump tax cuts.

View attachment 217614
I’ll take your linkless cut and paste from Mother Jones and up the ante.

Go Figure: Tax Revenues Climbed $18 Billion In First Month Of GOP Tax Cuts | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD

OK... Let me ask you.... Which is the bigger number? $2,985,186 or $2,966,172?
Now look at the data THAT your link provided.. Table 9.
I'll give you a clue...
Look at LINE 12.... then move your eyes to the right you know your right hand? The column Fiscal Year to date....see it $2,985,186
Then look at LINE 12 again... move your eyes to the right under the column Comparable period Prior fiscal year... see.... $2,966,172
OK... Which is the bigger number????

View attachment 217621

The tax cut was not in place for the first 3 months of the FY, I have told you that twice now and you still keep lying about it. How embarrassing for you.

AND it makes NO difference whether tax cuts were in place dummy!
We are comparing 12 months including Obama's Oct 2016,Nov 2016 and Dec 2016... and then Trump became President and was then responsible.
You are NOT showing with this dumb ass chart apples to apples as people like you are wont to do!

Compare 12 months to 12 months OK? GEEZ once again "statistician"????
gatorscreen.png

If this is the best the right wing has to offer,

Tax Cut Economics are worthless when they don't cover Spending.

Revenue did not go up after Trumps tax cuts. I have proven this to you 10 times already, and you keep repeating the same lie.

If you add up the numbers from Jan - Aug of 2017 the total is $2,225,400,000,000
If you add up the numbers from Jan - Aug of 2018 the total is $2,215,674,000,000

I know that math is too hard for you, so let me help you out. The total from Jan-Aug of 2017 is larger than the number from Jan-Aug 2018 by an amount of $9,726,000,000. That means that revenue went down after the Trump tax cuts.

View attachment 217614

Go Figure: Tax Revenues Climbed $18 Billion In First Month Of GOP Tax Cuts | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD

I'll give you a clue...
Look at LINE 12.... then move your eyes to the right you know your right hand? The column Fiscal Year to date....see it $2,985,186
Then look at LINE 12 again... move your eyes to the right under the column Comparable period Prior fiscal year... see.... $2,966,172

View attachment 217621

The tax cut was not in place for the first 3 months of the FY, I have told you that twice now and you still keep lying about it. How embarrassing for you.

AND by the way dummy! The Thread title is " Jobless claims at a 49 year low...
Not one mention of TAX cuts so what the hell does that have to do with the topic in the first place!
Secondly TAX revenue HAS gone up... I don't know where this dumb ass chart comes from
gatorscreen.png

But the real numbers come from this source: the US Treasury table 9!
And it shows $19 billion more revenue than in 2017 same period and this is AFTER the tax cuts!
Fedreven0117-0818.png

Jobless claims fall again to reach new 49-year low of 201,000

Initial jobless claims, a rough proxy for layoffs, fell by 3,000 to 201,000 in the seven days ended Sept. 15. That’s below the 208,000 MarketWatch forecast and marks the lowest level since Nov. 12, 1969.

Now other than showing the economy, jobs, etc are better than they have been in a long time guess what else is happening????
Payroll tax revenues increase.
And I'll share more after poll results are shown.
View attachment 217495
The Obama shovel ready jobs finally kicked in 9 years later.
Will Obumma still be talking all credit a year from now when we have 2.1% unemployment and a 28,000 DOW?

View attachment 217614

I'll give you a clue...

View attachment 217621

Not one mention of TAX cuts so what the hell does that have to do with the topic in the first place!
Secondly TAX revenue HAS gone up... I don't know where this dumb ass chart comes from
View attachment 217668

And it shows $19 billion more revenue than in 2017 same period and this is AFTER the tax cuts!
View attachment 217669

I gave the link twice, here it is a 3rd time. I will make it bigger for you moron that do not seem to know how to use a mouse.

Now that we have that out of the way, lets address your next lie. Your table shows the tax revenue for the FY. FY is an abbreviation for Fiscal Year. Someone that claims to run their own company should know what FY stand for.

For the US Fed Govt, the FY runs from Oct 1st through Sept 30. Someone that claims to run their own company should know this. The totals on the table you gave are from 1 Oct 2017 to 1 Aug 2018. During that time period there is indeed a 19 billion dollar increase in tax revenue.

The problem for you and your fellow moron is that the Trump tax cuts did not take affect till after 1 Jan 2018. Thus the months of October 2017, November 2017 and December 2017 were not part of the Trump tax cuts.

To determine if there was an increase in revenue after the tax cuts, one can only look at those months. Here it table 1 from the link above...
upload_2018-9-21_4-53-0.png

Taking data from the link above I will do this thing called "addition". Someone who claims to run their own business should know how to do simple addition or should know how to use a program that will do it for them.

Using a program called Excel, I doubt you have ever heard of it, I then took the amount of revenue for each month from Jan thru Aug for both 2018 and 2017 and this is the result. The amount below are in millions of dollars, as that is how the table list them. What that means since you seem to stupid to know, is that to get the real number you would multiple the number listed by 1 million, which is 1,000,000, in case you did not know.

upload_2018-9-21_5-1-39.png

You will notice that the sum of the months Jan thru Aug is larger for 2017 than it is for 2018, by the tune of 9,726,000,000. What that means for those of you too stupid to understand simple math is that there was less revenue brought into the Fed Govt in 2018 than in 2017 for the months Jan thru Aug, the months the tax cuts were in effect for.

I hope this simple math less has helped, but I doubt it. Your party loyalty will overrule any facts that one might show you.

Initial jobless claims, a rough proxy for layoffs, fell by 3,000 to 201,000 in the seven days ended Sept. 15. That’s below the 208,000 MarketWatch forecast and marks the lowest level since Nov. 12, 1969.

Now other than showing the economy, jobs, etc are better than they have been in a long time guess what else is happening????
Payroll tax revenues increase.
And I'll share more after poll results are shown.
View attachment 217495
The Obama shovel ready jobs finally kicked in 9 years later.
Will Obumma still be talking all credit a year from now when we have 2.1% unemployment and a 28,000 DOW?

Would you like to make a wager on if either of those happen in the next year?

View attachment 217614

I'll give you a clue...

View attachment 217621

We are comparing 12 months including Obama's Oct 2016,Nov 2016 and Dec 2016... and then Trump became President and was then responsible.
You are NOT showing with this dumb ass chart apples to apples as people like you are wont to do!

View attachment 217665

The tax cuts have not been in place for 12 months, thus we cannot compare a full 12 months yet. That is why I am comparing 8 months to 8 months.

Last edited:
You put this stupid chart up without any source!

There is a link to the chart. What the hell is wrong with you people?

It show 12 months for 2017..October 2016 to Sept 2017. (Which by the way wasn't your deity Obama in office till 1/20/17...)
Then you show just 11 months October 2017 to August 2018 again... WHAT happened to September 2018?

What happened to September 2018? Well it is not fucking over yet you brain dead moron. And since it is not yet over the total tax revenue for the month is not yet known. There is no way you can be this stupid and run your own business.

12 months to 11 months???? But of course you are a "STATISTICIAN" as your business card allegedly shows??? GEEZ and you say I can't add 8 numbers?
Where are you also getting "8 numbers". Oct 2016 to Sept 2017 is 12 numbers ... Oct 2017 to August 2018 is 11 numbers. So where did you come up with "8"???

I am comparing 8 months to 8 months. I am getting those 8 numbers from the months of January, February, March, April, May, June, July, and August. That is 8 months. The tax cuts started in January thus, that is the first month that I am comparing. That last month we have full data for us August, thus that is the last month I am comparing.

When you compare the 8 months of January, February, March, April, May, June, July, and August of 2017 to the 8 months January, February, March, April, May, June, July, and August of 2018, the revenue brought in by the Fed Govt went down in the 2018 months compared to the 2017 months. Thus, after the tax cuts kicked in, tax revenue went down.

It show 12 months for 2017..October 2016 to Sept 2017. (Which by the way wasn't your deity Obama in office till 1/20/17...)
Then you show just 11 months October 2017 to August 2018 again... WHAT happened to September 2018?

What happened to September 2018? Well it is not fucking over yet you brain dead moron. And since it is not yet over the total tax revenue for the month is not yet known. There is no way you can be this stupid and run your own business.

12 months to 11 months???? But of course you are a "STATISTICIAN" as your business card allegedly shows??? GEEZ and you say I can't add 8 numbers?
Where are you also getting "8 numbers". Oct 2016 to Sept 2017 is 12 numbers ... Oct 2017 to August 2018 is 11 numbers. So where did you come up with "8"???

I am comparing 8 months to 8 months. I am getting those 8 numbers from the months of January, February, March, April, May, June, July, and August. That is 8 months. The tax cuts started in January thus, that is the first month that I am comparing. That last month we have full data for us August, thus that is the last month I am comparing.

When you compare the 8 months of January, February, March, April, May, June, July, and August of 2017 to the 8 months January, February, March, April, May, June, July, and August of 2018, the revenue brought in by the Fed Govt went down in the 2018 months compared to the 2017 months. Thus, after the tax cuts kicked in, tax revenue went down.

According to what source?
Here is my source! US Treasury
FY 2017 to Fiscal year 2018 i.e. "Comparable period prior Fiscal Year compared to Fiscal Year to date i .e 2018 Shows an InCREASE!
Fedreven0117-0818.png

View attachment 217614

I'll give you a clue...

View attachment 217621

View attachment 217668

View attachment 217669

I gave the link twice, here it is a 3rd time. I will make it bigger for you moron that do not seem to know how to use a mouse.

Now that we have that out of the way, lets address your next lie. Your table shows the tax revenue for the FY. FY is an abbreviation for Fiscal Year. Someone that claims to run their own company should know what FY stand for.

For the US Fed Govt, the FY runs from Oct 1st through Sept 30. Someone that claims to run their own company should know this. The totals on the table you gave are from 1 Oct 2017 to 1 Aug 2018. During that time period there is indeed a 19 billion dollar increase in tax revenue.

The problem for you and your fellow moron is that the Trump tax cuts did not take affect till after 1 Jan 2018. Thus the months of October 2017, November 2017 and December 2017 were not part of the Trump tax cuts.

To determine if there was an increase in revenue after the tax cuts, one can only look at those months. Here it table 1 from the link above...
View attachment 217694

Taking data from the link above I will do this thing called "addition". Someone who claims to run their own business should know how to do simple addition or should know how to use a program that will do it for them.

Using a program called Excel, I doubt you have ever heard of it, I then took the amount of revenue for each month from Jan thru Aug for both 2018 and 2017 and this is the result. The amount below are in millions of dollars, as that is how the table list them. What that means since you seem to stupid to know, is that to get the real number you would multiple the number listed by 1 million, which is 1,000,000, in case you did not know.

View attachment 217696

You will notice that the sum of the months Jan thru Aug is larger for 2017 than it is for 2018, by the tune of 9,726,000,000. What that means for those of you too stupid to understand simple math is that there was less revenue brought into the Fed Govt in 2018 than in 2017 for the months Jan thru Aug, the months the tax cuts were in effect for.

I hope this simple math less has helped, but I doubt it. Your party loyalty will overrule any facts that one might show you.

YOUR SOURCE you haven't identified it!

Trump gave the economy a huge stimulus should give us a short term bump. It has. Bfd.

Well I would hope you can understand the 180º difference between the following statements AND actions taken by Obama and President Trump.
It certainly doesn't bode well when a President suggests 1,400 companies close up, let go 450,000 people, stop paying $100 billion a year in taxes AND during that same period
encourage foreign oil while DISCOURAGING American oil production. All the while encourage more government rules and regulations along with destroying the environment by putting 1 million barrels of oil a day on the open ocean. And then suggest we should get use to higher gas prices and skyrocketing utility rates.

NONE. I guarantee NONE of the following statements would be made by Trump!
View attachment 217590
I will go with the flow. Vote democratic to restore some checks and balances to the 3 branches.

This reminds me of Reagan and bush. Corporations loved them but the middle class took a step back. Let’s see if people are better off in 2019. Or are they no better off than they were when obama was doing a great job.

Remember you didn’t believe Obama’s unemployment numbers but you do now. Hypocrites
Vote democrat to turn this country into a socialist hell hole. Putting people like Gorsuch and Kavanaugh on the court fixes a lot of checks and balances issues. Problem is you traitors want law interpreted like you see fit, not by the constitution.
So do you hypocrites

View attachment 217614

I'll give you a clue...

View attachment 217621

View attachment 217665

The tax cuts have not been in place for 12 months, thus we cannot compare a full 12 months yet. That is why I am comparing 8 months to 8 months.

And you are totally discounting the FACT that payroll taxes comprise almost 34% of gross tax revenue and Personal income tax comprise 47% or a total 81%
This means if you have as of Aug 2018 161,776,000 compared to Aug 2017 of 153,471,000 or 8,305,000 more people working and paying income and payroll taxes.
https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

In Oct 2017 Average hourly wage was $22.18 United States Average Hourly Wages | 1964-2018 | Data | Chart | Calendar
So in August 2018 at average of 40 hours times $22.18 equals $887.20. A total of $7.4 billion a week more in payroll than in 2017.
Employer and employee PAYROLL TAXES paid per week in Aug 2018 =12.4% or on $887.20 $110.01 per employee means nearly $1 billion MORE per week in payroll taxes.

And this is not counting income taxes on this additional $7.4 billion.

Federaltaxsources.png

I'll give you a clue...

View attachment 217621

View attachment 217668

View attachment 217669

View attachment 217694

View attachment 217696

YOUR SOURCE you haven't identified it!

I have given you the link to the US Treasury statement 9 fucking times. I even made it the largest font possible one time.

There is no way someone this stupid runs their own business

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Last edited:
A bit of a problem for the leftist plantation. Who will vote for them to spread the wealth of others when they have wealth of their own?

Running on letting Americans keep less of our own money will be an insurmountable success.

According to what source?
Here is my source! US Treasury
FY 2017 to Fiscal year 2018 i.e. "Comparable period prior Fiscal Year compared to Fiscal Year to date i .e 2018 Shows an InCREASE!
View attachment 217705

You keep going back to the FY, the tax cuts did not kick in till Jan, so the first 3 months of the FY do not include the tax cuts. Since the tax cuts kicked in, revenue is down....this is a proven fact

I'll give you a clue...

View attachment 217621

View attachment 217665

And you are totally discounting the FACT that payroll taxes comprise almost 34% of gross tax revenue and Personal income tax comprise 47% or a total 81%
This means if you have as of Aug 2018 161,776,000 compared to Aug 2017 of 153,471,000 or 8,305,000 more people working and paying income and payroll taxes.

In Oct 2017 Average hourly wage was $22.18 United States Average Hourly Wages | 1964-2018 | Data | Chart | Calendar
So in August 2018 at average of 40 hours times $22.18 equals $887.20. A total of $7.4 billion a week more in payroll than in 2017.
Employer and employee PAYROLL TAXES paid per week in Aug 2018 =12.4% or on $887.20 $110.01 per employee means nearly $1 billion MORE per week in payroll taxes.

View attachment 217706

None of that changes the FACT that since the tax cuts become law, Federal Tax revenue has decreased as compared to the same period a year ago.

A bit of a problem for the leftist plantation. Who will vote for them to spread the wealth of others when they have wealth of their own?

Running on letting Americans keep less of our own money will be an insurmountable success.
we just point to the right wing and claim; ten percent better than them, and help with social costs is what we offer.

I'll give you a clue...

View attachment 217621

View attachment 217665

View attachment 217706

None of that changes the FACT that since the tax cuts become law, Federal Tax revenue has decreased as compared to the same period a year ago.

Spending is the only thing that creates debt.

Only thing.

View attachment 217665

View attachment 217706

Only thing.

Guess what moron...when you spend more and bring in less, debt goes up faster.

View attachment 217665

View attachment 217706

Only thing.

Guess what moron...when you spend more and bring in less, debt goes up faster.

Wow, they should give you a Nobel in economics.

Time to kill all Leftist spending programs.

I'll give you a clue...

View attachment 217621

View attachment 217665

View attachment 217706

https://www.fiscal.treasury.gov/fsreports/rpt/mthTreasStmt/mts0218.pdf

To make a TRUE comparison you have to compare months to months and doing that based on the above data here are the results.
Fedtaxrevencomparable2017-2018.png

Forum List

Back