Jobless claims at a 49 year low...

What percent of Federal payroll taxes come from employer?

• Employers DON"T pay payroll taxes they just keep profits

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Employers pay less than employees do

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Employers match employees payroll tax of 6.2%

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
YOU WROTE: FY...
"Too bad tax revenue is down 9,725,000,000 for the FY since the tax cuts kicked in. In a time of economic boom we really should be increasing revenue, not decreasing it".

You said FY so that's what I used and that's what the attached spreadsheet shares.
Table 9. Summary of Receipts by Source, and Outlays by Function of the U.S. Government, August 2018 and Other Periods

So which is it? FY tax revenues year to date show increase over previous year NOT CURRENT YEAR!

You are right, I did put FY instead of CY. Should have been CY. By the way, CY stands for calendar year.

Tax revenues are up for the FY, they are down for the time period since the tax cuts kicked in, I.e. the CY.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

And you are right for calendar year receipts are down... GROSS receipts.
My point of the thread was though that as the poll question is showing Medicare/SS tax revenue is UP calendar year 2018 vs 2017.
This means more people are working and unemployment expenditures are down... i.e. MORE people are working. Older people are now "unretiring" because they can make more
money and again this is all contributing to the gross Federal revenue.
Q2 2018, Table 3.2. Federal Government Current Receipts and Expenditures: Quarterly | FRED | St. Louis Fed
View attachment 217560
Sounds like deficits should be shrinking then. They are not.

Gator and Brain, do either of you think any of us will live to see the day when the government controls spending? I'm pretty sure I'll never live to see it. I am encouraged by the booming economy, and happy for the people who are doing well. When dems get power back, will either of you make a peep, or will you just cheer your programs?
Which programs are mine? I’d cheer welfare reform.
We could use a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage and unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed in our at-will employment States, as a form of welfare reform. Unemployment Compensation is more cost effective and simpler to use; simplification can be its own reward, in regards to Government.

Jobless claims fall again to reach new 49-year low of 201,000

Initial jobless claims, a rough proxy for layoffs, fell by 3,000 to 201,000 in the seven days ended Sept. 15. That’s below the 208,000 MarketWatch forecast and marks the lowest level since Nov. 12, 1969.

Jobless claims fall again to reach new 49-year low of 201,000

Now other than showing the economy, jobs, etc are better than they have been in a long time guess what else is happening????
Payroll tax revenues increase.
And I'll share more after poll results are shown.
View attachment 217495
What Point are you trying to make?

This is the point...

View attachment 217556
Here is my rebuttal; U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time
So you dusted the debt clock off after 8 years, how sweet.
current deficit spending and current debt; is still current.

"Too bad tax revenue is down 9,725,000,000 for the FY since the tax cuts kicked in. In a time of economic boom we really should be increasing revenue, not decreasing it".

You said FY so that's what I used and that's what the attached spreadsheet shares.
Table 9. Summary of Receipts by Source, and Outlays by Function of the U.S. Government, August 2018 and Other Periods

So which is it? FY tax revenues year to date show increase over previous year NOT CURRENT YEAR!

You are right, I did put FY instead of CY. Should have been CY. By the way, CY stands for calendar year.

Tax revenues are up for the FY, they are down for the time period since the tax cuts kicked in, I.e. the CY.

My point of the thread was though that as the poll question is showing Medicare/SS tax revenue is UP calendar year 2018 vs 2017.
This means more people are working and unemployment expenditures are down... i.e. MORE people are working. Older people are now "unretiring" because they can make more
Q2 2018, Table 3.2. Federal Government Current Receipts and Expenditures: Quarterly | FRED | St. Louis Fed
View attachment 217560
If this is the best the right wing has to offer,

Tax Cut Economics are worthless when they don't cover Spending.
Is that why revenue went up after the Trump tax cuts?

I’m all for ending funding to every Leftard program.
Right wing fantasy in a vacuum of special pleading? The right wing has nothing regarding Infrastructure. That would be, Domestic spending not foreign spending.

View attachment 217560

Revenue did not go up after Trumps tax cuts. I have proven this to you 10 times already, and you keep repeating the same lie.

This is the link to the current treasure statement from the Trump Admin.

Monthly Treasury Statement

Here is a snip from the revenue table...

The tax cut took effect in Jan 2018.

If you add up the numbers from Jan - Aug of 2017 the total is $2,225,400,000,000
If you add up the numbers from Jan - Aug of 2018 the total is $2,215,674,000,000

I know that math is too hard for you, so let me help you out. The total from Jan-Aug of 2017 is larger than the number from Jan-Aug 2018 by an amount of $9,726,000,000. That means that revenue went down after the Trump tax cuts.

upload_2018-9-20_18-7-52.png

View attachment 217560

Revenue did not go up after Trumps tax cuts. I have proven this to you 10 times already, and you keep repeating the same lie.

If you add up the numbers from Jan - Aug of 2017 the total is $2,225,400,000,000
If you add up the numbers from Jan - Aug of 2018 the total is $2,215,674,000,000

I know that math is too hard for you, so let me help you out. The total from Jan-Aug of 2017 is larger than the number from Jan-Aug 2018 by an amount of $9,726,000,000. That means that revenue went down after the Trump tax cuts.

View attachment 217614
I’ll take your linkless cut and paste from Mother Jones and up the ante.

Go Figure: Tax Revenues Climbed $18 Billion In First Month Of GOP Tax Cuts | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD

View attachment 217560

View attachment 217614

Go Figure: Tax Revenues Climbed $18 Billion In First Month Of GOP Tax Cuts | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD

Sorry you do not know enough about computer to see the link, I will make it bigger for you next time.

Your article is for 1 fucking month, there have now been 8 months since the bill was passed and of them only 2 have been bigger than 2017.

The total from Jan to Aug is down, this is a fact from the Trump Department of the Treasury. I gave you the link and a screenshot from the link.

View attachment 217560

View attachment 217614

OK... Let me ask you.... Which is the bigger number? $2,985,186 or $2,966,172?
Now look at the data THAT your link provided.. Table 9.
I'll give you a clue...
Look at LINE 12.... then move your eyes to the right you know your right hand? The column Fiscal Year to date....see it $2,985,186
Then look at LINE 12 again... move your eyes to the right under the column Comparable period Prior fiscal year... see.... $2,966,172
OK... Which is the bigger number????

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 6.26.02 PM.png

View attachment 217560

View attachment 217614

Well of COURSE 2017 will be bigger! September 2017... and whoops..... where is September 2018? OH wait it makes sense!
People like you like pollster ALWAYS count more months or more Democrats! That makes sense.... WOW and you are a "statistician"???

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 6.32.06 PM.png

View attachment 217614

I'll give you a clue...
Look at LINE 12.... then move your eyes to the right you know your right hand? The column Fiscal Year to date....see it $2,985,186
Then look at LINE 12 again... move your eyes to the right under the column Comparable period Prior fiscal year... see.... $2,966,172

View attachment 217621
I too can post linkless charts. Even prettier ones.

View attachment 217560

View attachment 217614

Well of COURSE 2017 will be bigger! September 2017... and whoops..... where is September 2018? OH wait it makes sense!
People like you like pollster ALWAYS count more months or more Democrats! That makes sense.... WOW and you are a "statistician"???

View attachment 217624

I did not add in September you stupid fuck. Sucks that you are so bad at math you cannot even add together 8 numbers. There is no way you run your own company, you have the IQ of a head of cabbage.

Last edited:

View attachment 217614

I'll give you a clue...

View attachment 217621

The tax cut was not in place for the first 3 months of the FY, I have told you that twice now and you still keep lying about it. How embarrassing for you.

View attachment 217614

I'll give you a clue...

View attachment 217621
I too can post linkless charts. Even prettier ones.

The link has been there you dumb fuck. Do you even know how to use a mouse?

Impeach him for growing the economy and lowering the unemployment, How dare him for making Obama look like the Bozo he is.:21::21::21::21::21:
e319951ec2d96511e6eb0bcd07630f89.jpg

Lefties hate prosperity...they lose followers to prosperity as they thrive on negativity, misery, despair and victim hood.
Oh, and they HATE anything positive happening on Donny’s watch.
All the while lying and trying to hurt us at the same time.

Exactly.
It’s no secret...the Lowlife Left works diligently to drag EVERYBODY down to their level. They desperately want EVERYONE to stand there resisting and screaming at the sky. They hate that people are carrying on, doing well and climbing the ladder of life.

Oh such bullshit.

Trump gave the economy a huge stimulus should give us a short term bump. It has. Bfd.

Well I would hope you can understand the 180º difference between the following statements AND actions taken by Obama and President Trump.
It certainly doesn't bode well when a President suggests 1,400 companies close up, let go 450,000 people, stop paying $100 billion a year in taxes AND during that same period
encourage foreign oil while DISCOURAGING American oil production. All the while encourage more government rules and regulations along with destroying the environment by putting 1 million barrels of oil a day on the open ocean. And then suggest we should get use to higher gas prices and skyrocketing utility rates.

NONE. I guarantee NONE of the following statements would be made by Trump!
View attachment 217590
I will go with the flow. Vote democratic to restore some checks and balances to the 3 branches.

This reminds me of Reagan and bush. Corporations loved them but the middle class took a step back. Let’s see if people are better off in 2019. Or are they no better off than they were when obama was doing a great job.

Remember you didn’t believe Obama’s unemployment numbers but you do now. Hypocrites

Trump gave the economy a huge stimulus should give us a short term bump. It has. Bfd.

Well I would hope you can understand the 180º difference between the following statements AND actions taken by Obama and President Trump.
It certainly doesn't bode well when a President suggests 1,400 companies close up, let go 450,000 people, stop paying $100 billion a year in taxes AND during that same period
encourage foreign oil while DISCOURAGING American oil production. All the while encourage more government rules and regulations along with destroying the environment by putting 1 million barrels of oil a day on the open ocean. And then suggest we should get use to higher gas prices and skyrocketing utility rates.

NONE. I guarantee NONE of the following statements would be made by Trump!
View attachment 217590
I will go with the flow. Vote democratic to restore some checks and balances to the 3 branches.

This reminds me of Reagan and bush. Corporations loved them but the middle class took a step back. Let’s see if people are better off in 2019. Or are they no better off than they were when obama was doing a great job.

Remember you didn’t believe Obama’s unemployment numbers but you do now. Hypocrites
Vote democrat to turn this country into a socialist hell hole. Putting people like Gorsuch and Kavanaugh on the court fixes a lot of checks and balances issues. Problem is you traitors want law interpreted like you see fit, not by the constitution.

View attachment 217614

View attachment 217624

I did not add in September you stupid fuck. Sucks that you are so bad at math you cannot even add together 8 numbers. There is no way you run your own company, you have the IQ of a head of cabbage.

You put this stupid chart up without any source!
It show 12 months for 2017..October 2016 to Sept 2017. (Which by the way wasn't your deity Obama in office till 1/20/17...)
Then you show just 11 months October 2017 to August 2018 again... WHAT happened to September 2018?
So you make a comparison of Fiscal year that Obama was still partially responsible for and blame Trump???? Plus you call me a stupid fuck for pointing out you compared
12 months to 11 months???? But of course you are a "STATISTICIAN" as your business card allegedly shows??? GEEZ and you say I can't add 8 numbers?
Where are you also getting "8 numbers". Oct 2016 to Sept 2017 is 12 numbers ... Oct 2017 to August 2018 is 11 numbers. So where did you come up with "8"???

gatorscreen.png

Forum List

Back