just kidding

good for him, just in time too

• Banned
fuck him

hes a red sox player, doesnt deserve to be there

:)

just kidding

good for him, just in time too

you can take the boy out of new yawk....
:lol:

one of my favorite players when i was growing up, good to see him get in as a regular instead of through the vet committee.

One thing for sure is that Rickey Henderson was as deserving of the HOF as they come.
Yep the .279 BA is nothing to jump over, but the .401 OBP is god-like, especially for a lead-off hitter! Actually any smart baseball fan would rather have a .280 BA and .400 OBP over a .330 BA and .380 OBP. He had 297 HR, amazing for a lead-off hitter with god like patience. 81 game opening HR (thats the record). AL MVP. 2 WS rings. 2nd in career walks. 1st in career runs scored - 2,295. First in career SB with 1406. Single season SB record of 130. Most 100 SB seasons ever. 3,055 career hits. Without a doubt the Best line-off hitter in baseball history. The man is a god! One of my all time favorites. I was a huge A's fan back in the day!

Rose deserves to get in, McGwire doesn't.

McGwire will never get in, just like Sammy Sosa and Barry Bonds probably never will.

I don't get the logic though.

Rose bet against his own team to make money. He very well could have been using point shave tactics for all we know. He disgraced the game in a way that using performance enhancing substances never could. Some of the substances were over the counter at the time, and not even illegal outside of the sport.

What Rose did was far more deplorable.

Last edited:
Rose deserves to get in, McGwire doesn't.

McGwire will never get in, just like Sammy Sosa and Barry Bonds probably never will.

Rose 100% deserves to get in, along with Shoeless Jow. Big Mac! Its a tough call. The numbers are there, but the circumstantial evidence is too much, but it looks like the DMs have already spoken. 22% of votes is too low to eventually swing to 75%. Sosa dido. Bond will probably make it in though!

not only does bonds get in...first time ballot

So you don't think McGwire not getting in set the precedent?

And I'd love for you guys who think Rose should get in before the steroid players, to explain why. How is taking steroids worse than betting on your sport, and against your own team while you're managing it?

Or are you trying to claim some type of theoretical statute of limitations, and that it's been long enough?

Because personally, I think his actions were way more deplorable.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

And I'd love for you guys who think Rose should get in before the steroid players, to explain why. How is taking steroids worse than betting on your sport, and against your own team while you're managing it?

Or are you trying to claim some type of theoretical statute of limitations, and that it's been long enough?

Can you show me evidence he indeed bet AGAINST his team? I don't remember him doing that.

The steroids inflated their stats. They all deserve asterisks. Betting did nothing to the stats.

Forum List

Back