Jim Carrey: Less Prozac, More God

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by insein, Nov 18, 2004.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    http://drudgereport.com/flash3.htm

Good for him. :cof:

2. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I heard he married a Korean girl..... I bet it won't be long she will be dragging him off to a Korean Evangelical Church. I bet after that he won't be saying they (Buddha, Alah, God, etc.) are all the same!

3. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    The brother sounds lost, imo. :(

4. nakedemperor

nakedemperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Life is too beatiful? Man I 'shroomed back in freshman year and boy, things were never prettier. The colooors :thewave:

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I don't get it------being happy using spiritual methods is a thing to make light of?

6. drowe

drowe Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35
    But if Jim Carrey were to attend a Korean Evangelical Church on shrooms, perhaps that would be interesting to see.

Seriously, it's good that he's happy and we all know how 60 Minutes can spin things too, maybe he's not too lost.

7. Eightball

Eightball Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +252

I think there is a distinct difference between the gods of those three religions.

If Jim is honestly seeking, I think he'll gradually come to find the difference, and then hopefully choose wisely.

Regards, Eightballsidepocket

8. GWBfan

GWBfan Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Here we have someone from Hollywood making some profound friggin' statement. Well Woo Hoo!!
    Jim Carey doesn't live in the same world the rest of us do. He doesn't have to worry about money and paying bills. He doesn't have to worry about a filthy house and getting the roof repaired. Or how to put his kids through college, getting a date, etc etc.
    I've been on Zoloft for years. Have tried to go off with dire results, and I'm a Christian too. But depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain (I inherited it from my dearly departed father). It has NOTHING to do with spirituality.
    That said, getting off anti-depressants might have been a bit smoother had I been a bazillionaire with anything and everything at my fingertips, and a smooth ride in life. Dealing with the "average Joe" stuff ain't the same.
    Once again, Hollywood -stick to acting. Otherwise... :321:

9. Eightball

Eightball Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +252
    Well, Carey isn't a doctor! Prozac is a Seratonin uptake drug, and is very effective when prescribed properly. It's possible that Carey didn't need Prozac at, or that he needed to change to another variety of Uptake med. Many who have used a certain Seratonin uptake med for a few years will sometimes have to change to another with a little difference in it's molecular structure......Prozac is one of the early ones. There are many more on the market now that are more specific than Prozac.........such as Effexor..........and others.

Kudo's to Carey if he can live without the Prozac, but many who were told to stay on it because of the low Seratonin uptake activity of there brains causing chronic depression have indeed weaned off of it and have been able to cope without. Other's have had only temporary success, and had to go back, because they thought they were healed somehow, and then along came a extremely stressful situation in their life, and Waa Laa, they were "tail-spinning" into anxiety and depression.

These drugs thankfully are not addictive, but they are very difficult to cut back from, because they do have some very uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms due to their long half-lives in the body.

Regards, Eightballsidepocket