Jillian no longer a Moderator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to hop on the drama train but, for what it's worth, if this is the case then I'd like to convey my appreciation of Jillian for her time as a mod here at USMB. Though rather low key as of late she has been a long time mod in good standing and put a lot of time and effort into playing a largely unappreciated role in keeping this forum what it has become for the rest of us. Amid everything else in her busy life she has taken the time to participate in an internet forum without any promise of personal benefit other than preserving a little niche on the internet which we have all come to enjoy (for whatever reasons that make each of us log in every day). I have seen times on this forum where moderating duties were given to the wrong people and this place suffered for it. In my estimation, Jillian was one of the first to be given this responsibility and managed to make this place better without having to cull the herd. It's a fine line to walk when wearing a badge and trying to participate in threads that get, um, colorful. But Jillian has done well tempering her role as a mod with her participation as a user. I say this as the guy she likes to call an antisemite who can kiss her jewish butt. If anyone would have felt the sting of irresponsible moderation I would probably be it. Such has not been the case and I appreciate her for it.

Hope everything is ok, Jillian. Even if you've decided to step down, please don't be a stranger. :)

• Banned
hmmm think if it were your business ...you would know by now....i got the memo...surprised you didnt mm
There wasn't a claim of whether it's my business or not. And I am famous for ignoring memos.

It's just a question, I only noticed the change today. Just curious.

o like i got a fucking memo....i hadnt noticed it till you pointed it out....i wonder if she will be replaced by a liberal? o lets start harping on gunny....that he MUST replace her with a liberal ....

o like i got a fucking memo....i hadnt noticed it till you pointed it out....i wonder if she will be replaced by a liberal? o lets start harping on gunny....that he MUST replace her with a liberal ....
You said you got the memo dear, and was surprised I didn't. So, now we need a thread on if there was a memo!:badgrin:

Once she got over her power trip Jillian was a decent moderator. However, I think once she got to that point it wasn't fun for her anymore.

I always assumed she had a life and liked to do things with her family and oh, other things that so many internet losers don't understand. You know, go on vacation, engage in society with warm bodies...that sort of thing.

I like the mods on this forum. Occasionally they pull boners and once in a while one really ticks me off but for the most part, they are held to a good standard and do a good job.

I'm not going to hop on the drama train but, for what it's worth, if this is the case then I'd like to convey my appreciation of Jillian for her time as a mod here at USMB. Though rather low key as of late she has been a long time mod in good standing and put a lot of time and effort into playing a largely unappreciated role in keeping this forum what it has become for the rest of us. Amid everything else in her busy life she has taken the time to participate in an internet forum without any promise of personal benefit other than preserving a little niche on the internet which we have all come to enjoy (for whatever reasons that make each of us log in every day). I have seen times on this forum where moderating duties were given to the wrong people and this place suffered for it. In my estimation, Jillian was one of the first to be given this responsibility and managed to make this place better without having to cull the herd. It's a fine line to walk when wearing a badge and trying to participate in threads that get, um, colorful. But Jillian has done well tempering her role as a mod with her participation as a user. I say this as the guy she likes to call an antisemite who can kiss her jewish butt. If anyone would have felt the sting of irresponsible moderation I would probably be it. Such has not been the case and I appreciate her for it.

Alright, whoever you are, what did you do with the real Shogun?

:tongue:

Ditto. Great job Jillian

And a female...

Only a liberal would say something so stupid. What you are saying is you want someone who is biased to be a moderator.

Moderators, at least on this forum, are expected to be objective. So what their politics are don't matter.

Alright, whoever you are, what did you do with the real Shogun?

:tongue:

they got allie...too....:eusa_shhh:

And a female...

Only a liberal would say something so stupid. What you are saying is you want someone who is biased to be a moderator.

Moderators, at least on this forum, are expected to be objective. So what their politics are don't matter.

My only requirement would be that they are human

(or at least a monkey that has mad typing skillz).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back