Jillian no longer a Moderator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vacation!

I have a life, too. Went to the beach for the 4th, Seaside, Oregon. Anyone who lives in the vicinity and wants to enjoy a supremely fun, family-oriented 4th I encourage to head there for their 4th celebration. I took my oldest boy, his non-wife (I refuse to say baby-mama, but they aren't married), her 18-yr old sister, my grandbaby who is 19 months, my 5&6 year old.

It was a complete and total blast. Perfect for 3 generations. Beach was quiet on the 3rd, a complete madhouse on the 4th, quiet again on the 5th. Weather was beautiful, arcades and an aquarium within walking distance, beautiful sand, wonderful food, clean motel room on the beach. Lots of people. Don't do it if you don't like noise or crowds because EVERYONE shoots off fireworks on the beach. We had one land right above our room. It's the coast, though, nothing ever catches on fire. They must have some special ordinance or something that allows people to shoot off fireworks that would be illegal anywhere else...I mean big ones, starbursts, the whole 9 yards. And the fireworks display was about 1/8 of a mile from our room and went on forever. There's a promenade along the beach. Surreys and paddle boats and all sorts of fun things to rent.

Did I say the food is fantastic? Yum.

Anyway, I grew up on the coast but we never went to Seaside because it was so "touristy". As a tourist, it was flipping fantastic...and ALL the kids loved every bit of it.

Room was $650 for 3 nights (two big beds, two big rooms so there was a separate bedroom, roll-away for 18 year old) and still enough room for us to move around in. I spent a little over $1000 including gas, food, and fun for 4 adults and 3 kids. Pretty good, I think.

And a female...

Only a liberal would say something so stupid. What you are saying is you want someone who is biased to be a moderator.

Moderators, at least on this forum, are expected to be objective. So what their politics are don't matter.

My only requirement would be that they are human

(or at least a monkey that has mad typing skillz).

I don't require typing skills. The ability and desire to communicate with the American people in an honest..or at least honest appearing... manner would be nice. Obama just flat out lies and doesn't give a shit when he gets caught. Nice.

My only requirement would be that they are human

(or at least a monkey that has mad typing skillz).

I don't require typing skills. The ability and desire to communicate with the American people in an honest..or at least honest appearing... manner would be nice. Obama just flat out lies and doesn't give a shit when he gets caught. Nice.

You have significant difficulty in sensing humor.

No, you do. That was my humor at the moment.

You do realize that monkeys shit and piss on people, right?

Ravi isn't cut out to be a moderator. She has no concept of truth or honor, and I'm not sure she has any concept of reality.

Ravi isn't cut out to be a moderator. She has no concept of truth or honor, and I'm not sure she has any concept of reality.

If KK makes the cut, I'd have a tough time disqualifying anyone... even you. :tongue:

oh i dunno. I haven't seen koder go batshit crazy with her mod stick yet so thats a positive. I don't think she's doing too bad so far. And, remember, I wore a badge too.. hehehe...

I thought KK was a mod???

I'd be a kick-ass moderator. It's essentially copy-editing except you don't mess with what's been written, you just organize and keep it legal (or apply whatever rules exist). Which is why editors always pull me in to help at deadline when I'm working at papers.

But I don't have the time. I grab my time here and there, but I can't commit to blocks of time on the internet. I work and have kids. I don't know how they work it here, but obviously I do a lot of my posting and reading in a slap-dash manner.

We are not talking about the President. We are talking about forum moderators.

Then they should definitely be able to type and should not fling poo.
A President does not need to know how to type, as they should have a secretary.

No one should fling poo.

"We are not talking about the President. We are talking about forum moderators."

And you're right. No one should fling poo.

Oh, well, if it's not the president, I'm fairly certain there have already been a couple of monkey moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back