JFK is correct. Many leaders of foreign lands deplore the Bush doctrine.

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
Like John F. Kerry, I also keep tabs on the attitudes of of our neighbors. I think the current administration does as well but I think they have a rose colored lense to look through. It only stands to reason that the recipients of at least some American dollars would be so political, don't you think?

Most abroad sincerely fear the actions of America and even moreso fear what might come next from us. Our now popular policy of "pre-emptive war" (the definition of which is entirely unclear) and our widely known practice of depleting resources both material and human (think Bhophal) without serious consequense is not a secret.

The administration continues to claim "coalition" while there is no real coalition beyond ourselves and Tony Blair. Tony's own countrymen are deserting his philosphy in droves. The Japanese desire to sell more Asian goods in the mideast as they certainly did in the first gulf war with great success. A few rag-tag self absorbed governments of countries with populations less than the employments of many of our solidly American corporations not to mention the multinationals tend to at least feebly agree and admit to complition with our goals while accepting American monetary gifts. What to think of all that?

John Kerry is correct. The ambitions of us, Americans, are highly suspect and most don't think highly of GWB or his administration or his motives. Hey, that kinda sounds like my own observations of the situation.

Psychoblues

It's all political rhetoric. Why do you think Libya is coming clean with their weapons? They stated point blank that it was because they wanted relations with the USA again. All those who stood against the actions of the US and Britain are still lining up at our doors. Some are currently bending over backwards to meet with Bush and clean the slate. They may not agree with the Iraq decision, but to claim everyone thinks the Bush administration is deplorable is silly.

Why don't you just provide us with links of all the countries that are not only speaking out against Iraq, but the Bush administration in general. And what are they doing about it?

Sorry if I tittered your little tatter, jimnyc. I read the papers, I watch the news, I enjoy many publications. I speak regularly with peoples of other cultures and ideologies. I don't just listen to lemming philosphy and accept it as truth. I suggest you broaden your horizons a bit, my friend, and stop asking for links when you provide few of your own. Your ideology is opinionated but it is no more valid than my own, don't you agree?

Originally posted by Psychoblues
Sorry if I tittered your little tatter, jimnyc. I read the papers, I watch the news, I enjoy many publications. I speak regularly with peoples of other cultures and ideologies. I don't just listen to lemming philosphy and accept it as truth. I suggest you broaden your horizons a bit, my friend, and stop asking for links when you provide few of your own. Your ideology is opinionated but it is no more valid than my own, don't you agree?

You haven't bothered me, no more than if I read this trash on moveon.org.

I didn't start the thread, why in the hell would I provide links to backup your fully opinionated post?

All I know is that the economy is booming, imports/exports haven't been bothered and relations are slowly being restored.

Your post is all crap without validation, of which you cannot provide any. At this point it becomes more of your turd spinning.

Tell that crap to the 3.6 million that have lost good jobs, Sir jimnyc. Tell that to the millions that have lost their most cherished lifetime acheivement, their retirement portfolios to theives that steal under the cloak of partisan political judicial interference. Tell that to the millions that are either sick or might well be in the future that tremble at the thought of having to see a Doctor or God forbid a hundred dollar prescription. Tell it to them, jimnyc. Ooooooops, I forgot. Many of them don't vote so I guess they just don't count either, do they?

I am glad we finally have a leader in this country who does not care what the rest of the world thinks. For too long has America acted in the best interest of the world, at its own expense. Jim is right there is now a healthy fear of what the US will do next. We have had too many Bill Clintons and Jimmy Carters in our past and not enough Ronald Regans !! Fear not my liberal friends the world will never turn against us, we have too much to offer, and being greed makes this world turn, we are assured our place.

Many of them don't vote so I guess they just don't count either, do they?

No they don't !! If you do not value and exercise your right to vote you deserve nothing !!

As far as millions of people losing their jobs, many have their own greed to blame. Please enlighten me exactly how this administration made them lose all these jobs.

Tell that crap to the 3.6 million that have lost good jobs, Sir jimnyc. Tell that to the millions that have lost their most cherished lifetime acheivement, their retirement portfolios to theives that steal under the cloak of partisan political judicial interference. Tell that to the millions that are either sick or might well be in the future that tremble at the thought of having to see a Doctor or God forbid a hundred dollar prescription. Tell it to them, jimnyc. Ooooooops, I forgot. Many of them don't vote so I guess they just don't count either, do they?

It isn't as high as 3.6 million, and you're leaving out the part about the jobs that have been made. The fact is that there has been an increase in jobs under Bush.
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/2/25/171833.shtml

ANd what the hell does ANY of this have to do with international relations? Did you forget what the topic was? :rolleyes:

Nope. Our now "friends" and many that openly disagree with us are admittedly "afraid" of us. I don't know about your experience, jimnyc, but from my own I would say that is a very dangerous/volatile situation for us to be in.

Psychoblues

Nope. Our now "friends" and many that openly disagree with us are admittedly "afraid" of us. I don't know about your experience, jimnyc, but from my own I would say that is a very dangerous/volatile situation for us to be in.

Psychoblues

For the time being it'll be somewhat a volatile situation. There's no way you could have pleased the entire world by going to war. Strained relations with those who were opposed was certainly expected. All efforts are being made to keep these relations in good standing. I haven't really seen any ill effects due to the issues. And it'll obviously only get better as time goes on. So, some people are pissed at us right now. They'll get over it and we'll all move on.

What the hell does this have to do with the War on Terror?

- Sadly, many of the lost jobs were never, ever economically justified. The bubble economy was fueled by fraud and delusion. A large portion of those jobs never should have existed.

- The lost retirement portfolios have nothing to do with Bush. The fraud occured on Clinton's watch.

- Health care costs have increased for the private sector as the government funded portion has increased. The government requires providers to sell at a loss - those losses are foisted on the private sector.

All of this doesn 't mean shit if our national and economic security are undermined by Radical Fundamental Islamic terrorists.

Americans that for whatever reason don't vote actually DO COUNT. They count in our census, they count in our workforce, they count in our tax-base, they count in our abilities, as far as we can organize them, to choose our leaders. Perhaps this is why the Republicans fear them so much. It was Republicans that were so against the rights of women to vote, against non-property owners to vote and the Voting Act of 1964. As our people are made more free to vote the Republicans feel more intimidated by our aspirations. In my 54 years of life and my studies of history, that is the way I see it.

Psychoblues

I got new for you Psycho. If every person in American voted, the Dems would never win an election again.

Exactly right, this is the way you see it, through the eyes and filters of a liberal. I am republican and not the least intimated by people who vote, though I do believe if you do not pay taxes you should have no right to vote. Isn't that representation without taxation, just as bad as the other way around.

Men and women have died to assure us of our rights and to not vote is disgracing their memory. So don't give me this garbage "for whatever reason", there is no reason not to vote, plain and simple.

What really makes me laugh is how naive people are to buy into Kerry's bullshit ! The man has flip flopped more than a slinky, trying to apease the masses for votes. Pathetic he can not even take a stand !

To think that some fools actually think he can relate to the common working man, him and his $500,000,000 wife, how laughable is that !

Originally posted by eric
I am glad we finally have a leader in this country who does not care what the rest of the world thinks. For too long has America acted in the best interest of the world, at its own expense. Jim is right there is now a healthy fear of what the US will do next. We have had too many Bill Clintons and Jimmy Carters in our past and not enough Ronald Regans !! Fear not my liberal friends the world will never turn against us, we have too much to offer, and being greed makes this world turn, we are assured our place.

:clap: :clap1: :clap: Nice job bro! How much R.E.S.P.E.C.T. did this country get under a Demorat pres? Zero, none, zilch, we were the Superpower bitch of the world.:mad: Love him or hate him George W. Bush ( as you people so affectionately call him ) has stood up, as did his father, as did Ronald Reagan to the world and their misguided B.S. and put AMERICAN interests ahead of chickenshit world opinion ( see U.N. for example )... We are the big dog on the block and I for one am damn glad and proud of that fact.....:laugh: :laugh: Name 1 F'n country that has done so much for so many??? Please just one???? Sorry times up..Cause there is NONE!! Hell no ones perfect, but I would put this GREAT country's record against the sands of time and say we ARE VERY GOOD PEOPLE. And regardless of what ANYONE thinks, we have used our power for the good more than any other. Sorry to ramble, but peace and I'm outa this thread.

My wife, a natural Democrat, didn't ever vote until she met me. She actually didn't think she could or that it would matter anyway. The election of 2000 didn't improve her attitude but I think she is finally getting it. To say that the non-voters should be forgotten is also to say that you have no idea as to where your country might stand on a given issue. Even non-voters have feelings and propensities to vote in future elections given the motivation. Nevermind, I don't think you'll ever understand.

No I guess not ! In my world, people are intelligent enough to understand the reasons to vote. They are motivated enought to actually go out and do it, instead of sitting on their a**es complaining. I guess this has always been a fundemental difference between people who are successful and those who aren't. Action leads to results !!

Forum List

Back