1993 - Richard J. Roberts
1993 - Phillip Sharp
1994 - Alfred Gilman
1995 - Edward B. Lewis

The Jews are not demonstrating with their dead on the streets, yelling
and chanting and asking for revenge.

The Jews are not promoting brain washing the children in military
training camps, teaching them how to blow themselves up and cause
maximum deaths of Jews and other non Muslims.

The Jews don't hijack planes, nor kill athletes at the Olympics.
The Jews don't traffic slaves, nor have leaders calling for Jihad and
death to all the Infidels.

The Jews don't have the economic strength of petroleum, nor the
possibilities to force the world's media to see "their side" of the
question.

Perhaps the world's Muslims should consider investing more in standard
education and less in blaming the Jews for all their problems.

Regardless of your feelings about the crisis between Israel and the
Palestinians and Arab neighbors, even if you believe there is more
culpability on Israel's part for whatever reason, the following two
sentences really say it all:

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more
violence.

If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel.

I hope you won't think I'm hijacking your post, but this made me curious as to just what contributions the Arabs had made to the world besides algebra, the zero and the Muslim religion. I did a search on the internet and found an "A to Z" list compiled by a writer for Salon Magazine in 2002. Have a look and satisfy your curiosity. You won't be surprised by the "J" entry, but "R" is a real hoot!

A is for Arabs
By George Rafael,Salon Magazine
January 8, 2002

From algebra and coffee to guitars, optics and universities -- an alphabetical reminder of what the West owes to the People of the Crescent Moon.

http://dir.salon.com/story/books/feature/2002/01/08/alphabet/index.html

'D is for Dante" is a real hoot, too. In his "Inferno", Dante has the founder of the Muslim religion squarely in one of the lowest levels of Hell as one of those who misled others into believing in false faiths and in false prophets.

I wonder if "J" could be for "Jew hatred", too?

I hope you won't think I'm hijacking your post, but this made me curious as to just what contributions the Arabs had made to the world besides algebra, the zero and the Muslim religion. I did a search on the internet and found an "A to Z" list compiled by a writer for Salon Magazine in 2002. Have a look and satisfy your curiosity. You won't be surprised by the "J" entry, but "R" is a real hoot!

A is for Arabs
By George Rafael,Salon Magazine
January 8, 2002

From algebra and coffee to guitars, optics and universities -- an alphabetical reminder of what the West owes to the People of the Crescent Moon.

http://dir.salon.com/story/books/feature/2002/01/08/alphabet/index.html

not at all .... it was once a mighty culture ..... but they have not done shit for society as whole in the last 1000 years .....

There is must debate about their "zero" invention. It is believed to have existed long before Islam. Also, the other stuff they "invented" is mostly attributed to those living under islamic oppression. That is why the "inventions" by Islam were so great in the beginning, because Islam was just spreading its dark wings. Once the wings of darkness were fully spread, all enlightenment stopped.

IMHO :arabia:

I'm sure the book is biased and all, but browsing through "The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam" brought up some interesting points. Namely, the explanation of why there was a golden age of Islam which petered out. It seems that a good bit of this was due to the subjugation of jews and christians in the middle east and africa. He went through quite a long list of innovations which were actually developed first by christian communities, although I cannot remember specifics. At first these communities were able to survive as second rate citizens, paying a hefty tax. Then later on, it was simply conversion at the point of a sword, and innovation died out.

I'm sorry. but winning prizes that Yassar Arafat qualifies for means nothing.

they bulid their country on palastine on 1948 so you
know
beside alll the world have to kiss the jewish ass so they give them all this nobel pricezzz

yeah another thing you dont know about jewish they killed so many palastine and they kill them every single day but u just never know

know
beside alll the world have to kiss the jewish ass so they give them all this nobel pricezzz

yeah another thing you dont know about jewish they killed so many palastine and they kill them every single day but u just never know

couple of things

can you link me up to a map pre 1948 that shows palestine, league of nations map? world atlas...anything would be cool...because in AD300 or so the moors killed all the jews and christians and took jerusalem by force....

if they are killing palestinians every single day since 1948...that would be 58 years at 365 days per year and 5 people a day or 105,850 people...can you link me up to an english translation fro al jiz or something supporting your claim

know

Interesting perspective but oh so wrong ... you are either truly uninformed or a troll posing as something you are not.

know

Where are you from? What Middle Eastern country?

know

I just love people who know nothing about history except for propaganda.

There was no Nation of Palestine. There also wasn't an Iraq or a United Arab Emirates, and "palestine" had nebulous ownership but was populated by both Arabs and Jews.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter, though. Arabs will never drive Israel into the sea, so they'd better start thinking in terms of an ACCEPTABLE two-State solution (and that means a state Israel is willing to live with, too).

Ask yourself, who wakes up every morning and thinks about how many of the other side they can kill that day? Hint: It isn't the Israelis.

There was no Nation of Palestine. There also wasn't an Iraq or a United Arab Emirates, and "palestine" had nebulous ownership but was populated by both Arabs and Jews.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter, though. Arabs will never drive Israel into the sea, so they'd better start thinking in terms of an ACCEPTABLE two-State solution (and that means a state Israel is willing to live with, too).

Ask yourself, who wakes up every morning and thinks about how many of the other side they can kill that day? Hint: It isn't the Israelis.

Who are you and what did you do with the real Jillian????

How could the Arab people form their own country when it was being occupied by the British? Populated by both Arabs and Jews yes, but take into account less than 60,000 jews were in Palestine at the end of World War I. When the British got tired of the occupation they handed it over to the United Nations. But the UN itself is not a government, and it certainly didn't represent the indigenous people whatsoever, and had no authority to "give" the land to anyone. The only constituents served were Zionsts from outside of Palestine.

Ultimately, it does matter. As long as Arabs are willing to fight and die for land then there will always be war between the two peoples over the land. This problem will never be solved as long as we blind ourselves to the truth that it was an abysmal mistake for the UN to award Arab land to Zionist Jews. But as long as we keep the blindfold on, we just keep throwing the Isreal billions of taxpayer dollars every year to fund their stupid dream of living peacefully in the middle east.

If the two people want to fight over the land then thats fine by me, go at it for all I care. Just leave my paycheck out of it.

How could the Arab people form their own country when it was being occupied by the British? Populated by both Arabs and Jews yes, but take into account less than 60,000 jews were in Palestine at the end of World War I. When the British got tired of the occupation they handed it over to the United Nations. But the UN itself is not a government, and it certainly didn't represent the indigenous people whatsoever, and had no authority to "give" the land to anyone. The only constituents served were Zionsts from outside of Palestine.

Ultimately, it does matter. As long as Arabs are willing to fight and die for land then there will always be war between the two peoples over the land. This problem will never be solved as long as we blind ourselves to the truth that it was an abysmal mistake for the UN to award Arab land to Zionist Jews. But as long as we keep the blindfold on, we just keep throwing the Isreal billions of taxpayer dollars every year to fund their stupid dream of living peacefully in the middle east.

If the two people want to fight over the land then thats fine by me, go at it for all I care. Just leave my paycheck out of it.

Arabs are willing to fight and die for land they never lived on and have no right to same as they are willing to die to express their hatred of the U.S. by flying planes into buildings. They shouldn't be rewarded for that. If their leaders would take responsibility for the poor and disenfranchised among them and stopped misusing our financial aid by lining their own pockets a la Suha Arafat's French bank accounts, then perhaps they'd start to accept the inevitable.

As for not using your paycheck... I feel that way about Iraq, border fences between us and Mexico and studies to ascertain the power of prayer. I don't get my way on those things either.

Arabs are willing to fight and die for land they never lived on and have no right to same as they are willing to die to express their hatred of the U.S. by flying planes into buildings. They shouldn't be rewarded for that. If their leaders would take responsibility for the poor and disenfranchised among them and stopped misusing our financial aid by lining their own pockets a la Suha Arafat's French bank accounts, then perhaps they'd start to accept the inevitable.

As for not using your paycheck... I feel that way about Iraq, border fences between us and Mexico and studies to ascertain the power of prayer. I don't get my way on those things either.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jillian again.

Forum List

Back