Jesus helped me do my taxes.

I had to pay $1200 this year. I always get money back. But is that a bad thing? It turned out my stock broker sold some of my stock. It made $8K and he decided to sell. So I REALIZED $8000 profit. But he re invested it in something else. So I never saw that money. Then Russia happened and that $8000 has at least temporarily disappeared. So I paid $1200 on money I technically don't even have anymore. LOL.

If it didn't come back I could claim it as a loss next year? Anyways, it will come back.

So my point is paying more isn't always a bad thing. It might mean you made more. That's what it meant for me.

Good or bad I guess is sort of irrelevant.

My wife and I between us make good money and have no real deductions since we can no longer claim our children who are now adults. If all we have withheld is the max amount each check we have to write a really big check come April, so we both have an extra $150 held out each pay check. Then our payment to the IRS is smaller each April.

Yes it sucks that we have to do that, but yes it is also good that we make enough money that we have to do that. Our daughter just finished her first year at a job that pays her 6 figures. She was all freaked out about the taxes then I asked if she would prefer to go back to making 45 grand a year so her taxes were less....she did not want to do that!

Last edited:
Jesus split to Kashmir. That was the ghost of Matthew fronting as the avatar.

Forum List

Back