Jerusalem should be divided

I see it as the only possible way to come to some sort of solution to the Palestine-Israel problem. Without a capital in Jerusalem the Palestinians will never be satisfied and the Israelis will never be safe. It was divided from 1948-67. No reason it couldn't be again.
Will never happen. Jerusalem has always been the center and capital of the Jewish faith.

Irrelevant. It would be that, regardless of who rules. This is about a political solution, not religion.

It is ALL about religion! That is why no nation will agree for spliting the city! DUH!

No nation will be able to give Jerusalem to the other. That's a fact that won't change in the time approaching.

If it was that simple, someone would have thought of this solution before.

People have thought of this solution before, but Israeli intransigence and the desire of its hardliners for more land over peace has blocked it. This isn't going to end until BOTH SIDES get their doctrinaire factions in line.

And I guess the Palestinians basically JUMPED out of JOY for this solution?:cool:

It's never been offered. Hard to gauge exactly what the reaction would be, but the present situation is obviously not working, unless you enjoy endless war.

Will never happen. Jerusalem has always been the center and capital of the Jewish faith.

Irrelevant. It would be that, regardless of who rules. This is about a political solution, not religion.

It is ALL about religion! That is why no nation will agree for spliting the city! DUH!

Why is it about religion? I thought it was about peace. It's a holy city for three religions, so to claim it just for one is the road to ruin, as the present situation should tell you.

People have thought of this solution before, but Israeli intransigence and the desire of its hardliners for more land over peace has blocked it. This isn't going to end until BOTH SIDES get their doctrinaire factions in line.

And I guess the Palestinians basically JUMPED out of JOY for this solution?:cool:

It's never been offered. Hard to gauge exactly what the reaction would be, but the present situation is obviously not working, unless you enjoy endless war.

That war is not going to change because niehter of us will budge when it comes to Jerusalem

That war is not going to change because niehter of us will budge when it comes to Jerusalem

Then keep counting your dead. :cuckoo:

Why is it about religion? I thought it was about peace. It's a holy city for three religions, so to claim it just for one is the road to ruin, as the present situation should tell you.

Muslims say it's concidered infidelity to think that Jerusalem is anything BUT only for Muslims.

Jews mutter in prayers "If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning."

So how do you solve that

Last edited:

We will count our dead 10 times more if acting on your idea of solution:cool:

How so? I realize there are plenty of Muslim crazies, but anyone in the government is going to think twice, if they're staring at guns that close. I think it's the difference between A solution and NO solution.

How so? I realize there are plenty of Muslim crazies, but anyone in the government is going to think twice, if they're staring at guns that close. I think it's the difference between A solution and NO solution.

You answered your own question back there. You aint need me, you get to the undeniable conclusions yourself

Muslims say it's concidered infidelity to think that Jerusalem is anything BUT only for Muslims.

Jews mutter in prayers "If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning."

So how do you solve that

You're right, the only answer is to nuke both sides. The rest of the world has put up with this BS quite long enough! :cool:

Last edited:

we can give ALL of Jerusalem to the Palestinians.

THAT can be a solution as well.

Hey, we can give Eilat to the Egyptians. how's that?:lol:

And Sderot and Ashqelon to the people of Gaza, and we have a hell of a solution!

(Some people on this forum will gladly agree with me on that. To bad for them, though)

The difference is between a practical solution, and NO solution.

There is no practical solution in sight.

So how do you solve that

You're right, the only answer is to nuke both sides. The rest of the world has put up with this BS quite long enough! :cool:

That it will be YOU Americans VS 1 billion Jihadists!

Too bad I'll be dead, i would have LOVED to see how that one turns out!
smiley-face-popcorn.gif

So how do you solve that

smiley-face-popcorn.gif

Well, that was just a sick joke, but if you're not worried about yourself, worry about the children. You should be trying to leave them a better place, not just a continuation of the past.

smiley-face-popcorn.gif

Well, that was just a sick joke, but if you're not worried about yourself, worry about the children. You should be trying to leave them a better place, not just a continuation of the past.

If my children will be destined to die, I will teach them that its better to die fighting for your home and people, than dying while doing nothing to fight for what you think is important.

If my children will be destined to die, I will teach them that its better to die fighting for your home and people, than dying while doing nothing to fight for what you think is important.

You sound just like a Palestinian

You sound just like a Palestinian

When will the Palestinians will start sounding like Jews?:redface:

When they say
its better to die fighting for your home and people, than dying while doing nothing to fight for what you think is important.

The Israelis already have Jerusalem. The argument is about whether to give the Palestinians a piece. How would a government that could be rounded up in minutes, be able to continue a war?

No nation will be able to give Jerusalem to the other. That's a fact that won't change in the time approaching.

If it was that simple, someone would have thought of this solution before.

:eusa_hand:Kind of hard to believe since they have given back more land than they've kept...Clueless people and their clueless ideas.

People say "divide Jerusalem" without thinking of the practicalities of the situation, or never having been there to see what the situation is. New Jerusalem covers a somewhat vast area, and has overtaken Tel-Aviv as Israel's largest city. This is where the Knesset and the gov't ministries are located. The Old City, where the religious sites are located and which is surrounded by an ancient wall, is only about one square mile. Jerusalem also contains a number of decrepit Arab villages, like Silwan, which were added onto Jerusalem in 1967, for some unknown reason. I've been to the Old City. Despite the great number of religious sites in its 4 quarters (Jewish, Muslim, Christian and Armenian), it's actually quite small--too small, in my opinion, to be divided. The Temple Mount is already under the supervision of the Muslim Wakf, and might as well remain that way, despite the fact that they regularly destroy Jewish archaeological remains there. The fact remains that Jerusalem is mentioned 658 in the Hebrew Bible and nowhere in the Koran. It's only Muslim legend that their prophet was ever in Jerusalem, and even they can't deny that their holiest cities are Mecca and Medina. Christians never laid a claim to the city, as they are focused on a "Heavenly Jerusalem". Therefore, Israel should retain New Jerusalem and the Old City as their capital. The Arabs can keep their decrepit villages, and call them "Jerusalem/Al Quds" if that is their pleasure. Problem solved.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back