Jerry Falwell just died

That's how I feel about Falwell.

Which begs the question as to why people who act a certain way get their noses all out of joint when they get all holier than thou and people call them on it.

I probably disagreed with Jerry Falwell as much or more than most, He was like Bill Graham in the 50's, Catholics were evil and non-Christian. With that said, the appearance of equating him and Saddam is way over the top.

(Groan!) GOD has sent BILLIONS of his kids to hell ostensibly because EVE wanted to as smart as Him!

How’s that for insanely overreacting and the punishment infinitely exceeding the crime!

I'm sure such a maniac will welcome Jerry wirth open arms.

Your gonna have to dumb this down for me a whole lot I guess.

Are you makeing a Bible reference here?

Are you saying the God is a maniac cause you beleive that actually happened?

Better yet, just tell me where it is your trying to go with this analogy I'm just not getting.

I probably disagreed with Jerry Falwell as much or more than most, He was like Bill Graham in the 50's, Catholics were evil and non-Christian. With that said, the appearance of equating him and Saddam is way over the top.

Really? Nothing Saddam did ever affected me. Falwell said that 9/11 happened because of secularists, the ACLU, gays and everyone else he hated.

But if you actually read my post, I wasn't particularly equating Saddam and Falwell. I was commenting on the people who talked about how no one should be celebrating death (I agree, btw) and did nothing BUT celebrate once Saddam was gone. That type of attitude is hypocritical and holier-than-thou.

Thats the difference between us. You pray for justice. I pray for mercy. Thing is im not sure youll be happy when you get your prayers answered.

Saddam Hussien was a monster. He was responsible for genocide. He is about as innocent as Hitler and Stalin are. His execution is an act of justice.

can you say "hypocrite"? Can you say "flip flop"?

I can certainly say "fuck you"

I would say the above qualifies as celebratory.

bullshit. I am not celebrating anything. I hope he gets to hell quickly. I say that because I really don't see a lot of controversy in my mind about whether or not he is going there. No celebration...merely observation.

Man, this thread is FULL of some hatefull assholes.

Yep. It's sad.

I personally can't fathom hating someone because of their political or religious beliefs so much that I'd celebrate their death.

Did I agree with everything Rev. Falwell ever said? Nope. But at the same time, I resent that fact that the Leftist assholes only talk about what came out of his mouth and not the positive things he did (shelter for unwed mothers, AIDS hospice, drug/alcohol detoxes, etc).

Yep. It's sad.

I personally can't fathom hating someone because of their political or religious beliefs so much that I'd celebrate their death.

Did I agree with everything Rev. Falwell ever said? Nope. But at the same time, I resent that fact that the Leftist assholes only talk about what came out of his mouth and not the positive things he did (shelter for unwed mothers, AIDS hospice, drug/alcohol detoxes, etc).

that reminds me the joke with the punchline, "....but let Pierre suck one little dick"

No one is doubting that Falwell DID many nice things in his day. What he said in the public arena was so hate filled and intolerant, it sort of wipes all that "good" stuff away. And I don't hate him and I don't CELEBRATE his death. I just think that he has a snowball's chance in hell of making it into heaven. IMHO.

bullshit. I am not celebrating anything. I hope he gets to hell quickly. I say that because I really don't see a lot of controversy in my mind about whether or not he is going there. No celebration...merely observation.

Last I checked 'hope' was an emotion, not an observation.

that reminds me the joke with the punchline, "....but let Pierre suck one little dick"

No one is doubting that Falwell DID many nice things in his day. What he said in the public arena was so hate filled and intolerant, it sort of wipes all that "good" stuff away. And I don't hate him and I don't CELEBRATE his death. I just think that he has a snowball's chance in hell of making it into heaven. IMHO.

No qualifiers. Thank you, God.

Yes I do. Computer crashed before could edit.

Anyway meant post 68.

as I said, I do not really think that there is any doubt - in my mind, anyway - that the evil prick is going to hell. And I certainly don't have any illusions that my hoping for him to go there will influence God's decision about his final destination in any case. I found the man to be repugnant and even moreso because he flaunted his "reverend" title as a free pass to say hateful things.

If he is going to hell, and I feel fairly certain he is, I hope he gets there quickly and gets settled in to his eternal home. I am sure the trip there is a harrowing one. My hope in that regard is one of kindness. ;)

as I said, I do not really think that there is any doubt - in my mind, anyway - that the evil prick is going to hell. And I certainly don't have any illusions that my hoping for him to go there will influence God's decision about his final destination in any case. I found the man to be repugnant and even moreso because he flaunted his "reverend" title as a free pass to say hateful things.

If he is going to hell, and I feel fairly certain he is, I hope he gets there quickly and gets settled in to his eternal home. I am sure the trip there is a harrowing one. My hope in that regard is one of kindness. ;)

Bull shit

Bull shit

not at all.... I only hope the trip is an uneventful one for the old guy. He's got a lot of harrowing times in front of him - eternity, as it were - and I certainly hope that, at the very least, the trip to hell is brief and uneventful so that he can get settled in to his new forever surroundings.

not at all.... I only hope the trip is an uneventful one for the old guy. He's got a lot of harrowing times in front of him - eternity, as it were - and I certainly hope that, at the very least, the trip to hell is brief and uneventful so that he can get settled in to his new forever surroundings.

For similar reasons: JFK, FDR, LBJ, Nixon, Reagan, Lincoln, Jackson, etc. all going to hell? Give me a break. I wouldn't say any such thing, as I am not God. You are a Christian, right?

Forum List

Back