A little light reading for the self-styled "Christians" here...

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Chips Rafferty, May 16, 2007.

1. Chips Rafferty

Chips Rafferty Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +75
    ...whose wildly conflicting theology reminds me of the "Shoe and Gourd"* scene in Monty Python! :rofl: Before they start persecuting each other as heretics - again!

Just goes to show how God's cryptic little Pesher potboiler divides people rather than unites and enlightens them. :rolleyes:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    This has lain here for a few days without response, Chips.

Maybe these religious freaks are not that much interested? Your post reflects your concern. Their lack of response reflects their own lack of understanding? Don't you know?

3. Chips Rafferty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +75
    .....take away their Jesus coloring-in books, their easily refuted reactionary tracts, and their carpet chewingly insane Jack Chicks comics, and the immediately become Messianic Marcel Marceua's! :rofl:

You assume, incorrectly, that I want them to answer. I couldn't give a flying fuck if I never hear from them, I know they are reading!

In fact I hope they never reply.

I try not to make a habit of holding conversations with or humouring howling-at-the-moon loons who believe in intellectual, linguistic snakes, loquaciuous asses, and demon-possessed pigs! :rofl:

4. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    No need for the cynicism, Chips.

On the other hand, don't make the day of your death the most important of your life. You have a lot to share. I would suggest you start sharing.

5. Chips Rafferty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +75
    What would you like me to share?

6. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Just your thoughts, Chips.

You obviously have much involved in them. Your delivery, like mine, leaves too much for interpretation and misunderstanding for most here.

7. Chips Rafferty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +75
    You seem to understand me, and my private email tells me so do quite a few others here.

And those that can’t wouldn’t even if I grunted in their native “Dick and Jane.” They are too far gone in Jesus, greed, and egregious egotism for a mere mortal like me to reach them.

So why not just lampoon and take the piss outta these affectatious turds? :)

Only a life-changing Dark-Night-of-the-Soul like epiphany, some general cataclysm that smashes their national narcissism, could ever turn these authoritarian control freaks around the 180 degrees required to humanize them.

These religio-reactionary ratbags have been so conditioned from infancy to fear free-thinking and inner reflection (Idle hands/mind are the Devil’s playground!) they robotically reject anything other than what Big Bubba tells them as evil Librul lies.

If I could get through their Messianic materialism, I would tell them to simply give up trying to match their insides to their phoney brother’s and sister’s outsides.

Essentially this is what conservatism is all about. Feeling you have to keep up phoney facades of counterfeit “decency,” that don’t truly reflect your insides, because you’ve been trained to think you have been a “sinful” worthless pieces of shit since “The Fall.”

Each conservative is convinced that they are the only ones putting up a false façade of decency to disguise their “fallen” humanity. That the Ned Flanders of this world are actually what they say they are.

However no one will ever convince them of this.

It’s comforting to know that people who presume to put themselves in positions of authority over their fellows ALWAYS get knocked off of their high horse. ;)

8. Chips Rafferty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +75
    ...and "decency" that is solely determined by people's geographical proximity to them, are evil and deserving of extermination. :omg: :omg:

Remind you of me? ;)

I certainly hope so. As I try real hard to be as obnoxious as the self-absorbed arseholes who see themselves as God-appointed carpet-bagging culture-bringers to their perceived “evil” and benighted orb of ours.

Here ya go, Psycho. This tells you why I continually taunt them far more concisely than I can. :razz:

9. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    What have you got against Jack Chicks comix? These little gems are priceless examples of religion devolved to a cult of personality. Hitler and Goebbels would simply have been green with envy at the simple distribution scheme and even simpler messages contained within their pages.

10. actsnoblemartin

actsnoblemartin I love Andrea & April

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +407
    whats the point of this thread?