Jerry Falwell just died

Yes I do. Wanting someone to burn in hell is not wanting justice, that's wanting vengeance.
I disagree, but I would also add that, if you are right, I am certain that God will forgive me. I guess old Jerry has gotta be hoping for much the same thing about now.

You said I'm sorry but that just "rubs me the wrong way". At most, you could have simply said that you do not believe that he will go to heaven and leave it at that.

I am not one to judge. If God exists, will he sentence Falwell to heaven, purgatory, or hell? What is required of one in order to have a place in heaven? I'll leave it up to god to judge.

Matts:
I am sorry my comments upset you. We agree on so many other things, perhaps you could forgive me this one intemperate outburst?

let me rephrase it:

I do not believe he has a snowball's chance in Hell of going to heaven.

Oh. I’m disappointed in you. I would have expected such a crass, cruel, and petty comment from the likes of the “God Hates Fags” ilk. I thought that you were above that.
Why? Typical hatred from a typical modern liberal. Were you expecting anything else from little maineman?

and when old Jerry blamed 9/11 on gays, lesbians and abortionists, he was showing the love like all you modern conservatives, eh, little acorn?

lol

Jerry Falwell was a good man, though clearly a bigot. I am never happy to see anyone pass. Though I wish his time on earth was spent less on getting president bush elected with 80 million dollars in donations from brainwashed southern baptists. I dont think its right to use a religion for political gain or financial gain the way jerry used it.

maineman said:
I disagree, but I would also add that, if you are right, I am certain that God will forgive me. I guess old Jerry has gotta be hoping for much the same thing about now.

Likewise, Falwell is human and prone to mistakes but he probably thinks that God will forgive him.

Matts:
I am sorry my comments upset you. We agree on so many other things, perhaps you could forgive me this one intemperate outburst?

let me rephrase it:

I do not believe he has a snowball's chance in Hell of going to heaven.

Well, I guess that this is a little bit better. :eusa_angel:

Because as you said we should consider the feelings of others which would include his family. While you wish them condolencses, a wish for some sort of punishment in the afterlife probably isn't that consoling.
Falwell wasn't very "consoling" to 9/11 victims either.

"The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way—all of them who have tried to secularize America—I point the finger in their face and say "you helped this happen."- Jerry Falwell on why God let 9/11 happen

Little-Acorn said:
Why? Typical hatred from a typical modern liberal. Were you expecting anything else from little maineman?

Okay, MM. It is your turn.

and when old Jerry blamed 9/11 on gays, lesbians and abortionists, he was showing the love like all you modern conservatives, eh, little acorn?

Good job. Little-Acorn - it is your turn to bash liberals. Back and forth. Back and forth. It is like watching a never-ending ping-pong match. Isn’t it enough to say that both conservatives and liberals spew odious comments from time to time?

(Yawn) Whose turn is it now to throw mud?

There are some liberals on here that don't share Maineman's opinion, why throw the baby out with the bath water?

Me, I'm no liberal. I wish death on rapists, terrorists, and child molesters all the time. I don't liken Falwell to that group but none-the-less wishing death on someone, taking pleasure in someone's passing, and saying someone was a dick after they died doesn't make one an evil person.

matts....two points for on target and biting sarcasm.

You know, however, that I have spent a great deal of time here trying to get conservatives to talk about issues instead of just hurling insults and editorials rather than their own articulated ideas.

my two favorite Clarence Darrow quotes - one very a propos the other just terribly funny:

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."

and...

"I don't like spinach, and I'm glad I don't, because if I liked it I'd eat it, and I just hate it."

my two favorite Clarence Darrow quotes - one very a propos the other just terribly funny:

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."

and...

"I don't like spinach, and I'm glad I don't, because if I liked it I'd eat it, and I just hate it."

That first one is in my sig, my absolute favorite Darrow quote.

Death To Fallwell....wait second..

WOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!! That was quick !!!! :clap2: :clap2:

Thats the difference between us. You pray for justice. I pray for mercy. Thing is im not sure youll be happy when you get your prayers answered.

I would be if I was a believer. If there was a heaven, Foulmouth sure as heck wouldn't be going there. He'd be in purgatory at best....more likely hell. Most people who spread hatred and discourse through their own bigotry and intolerance surely don't deserve a place in heaven (if such a place ever existed)...

Celebrating someones death is sick and wrong. I dont care how evil you might think that person was it is wrong to do so. Its just wrong.

Despite his weaknesses, Rev Falwell served his life trying to do what he felt was right. and more so I think he recognized his weaknesses. And because of that I think he has a much better chance of receiving mercy than those who celebrate his death and are murderers in their heart.

I wish Fallwell would have prayed for mercy for the people he hated instead of trying to harm them.

I dont believe in God but I do believe in mercy and kindness.

I just wish people would pay more attention to being kind to the living.

I'm not glad he's dead, but I'm not upset by it either...shrug...

In saying that, somebody who spreads hatred no longer has a voice. From that POV it is good. It's a pity it had to take his death to silence him. Maybe some introspection and keeping his gob shut would have been a better solution...

Forum List

Back