Jennifer Holliday Describes Vicious Backlash To Now-Canceled Plans For Inaugural Performance

The Regressive Left, they continue to bully people that don't agree with their politics. They want to silence their opposition.
You know that's not true. Democrats are a coalition party made up of many groups. Lots of different voices who have to work together.

It's Republcians that hate the press. That practice voter suppression. That first gave us Bush Jr. and those terrible years and now are giving us Donald Trump. Soon to be the worst president in American history.

The Regressive Left, they continue to bully people that don't agree with their politics. They want to silence their opposition.
You know that's not true. Democrats are a coalition party made up of many groups. Lots of different voices who have to work together.

It's Republcians that hate the press. That practice voter suppression. That first gave us Bush Jr. and those terrible years and now are giving us Donald Trump. Soon to be the worst president in American history.

It is true, the Democratic Party is very intolerant of dissenting opinions. The Democratic Party of the 80's was progressive, the version today is regressive.

The old Democratic Party was about the poor, the working class, now it is about Wall St. and the rich. Look how the mainstream Democrats ripped up Sanders.

Intolerant leftists assholes, that is today's Democratic Party.

Hey, they're just being tolerant.
She knows what would have happened to her had she went ahead and performed. They would have ruined her.
Yeah, kinda like the Dixie Chics, eh?
I don't know if I would compare the girl to the Dixie Chicks. After what happened to them, anyone who goes and does whatever they want to now will be well aware of what could happen in response.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Would the Chicks have still taken their stand if they had known before taking it what was going to happen after they took it?

Hey, they're just being tolerant.
She knows what would have happened to her had she went ahead and performed. They would have ruined her.
Yeah, kinda like the Dixie Chics, eh?
I don't know if I would compare the girl to the Dixie Chicks. After what happened to them, anyone who goes and does whatever they want to now will be well aware of what could happen in response.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Would the Chicks have still taken their stand if they had known before taking it what was going to happen after they took it?
Either you stand for something or fall for everything....I believe they would have. They're only crime was having white patriots as their customer base, because Beyonce is doing just fine!! Unlike some people, we don't throw our people away when they have a effin opinion. Jen had an option and if Jen want to continue singing to her core base, she made a choice...because at the end of the day, not one Trump supporter or Trump himself would patronize her venues after 1/20

It is true, the Democratic Party is very intolerant of dissenting opinions. The Democratic Party of the 80's was progressive, the version today is regressive.

The old Democratic Party was about the poor, the working class, now it is about Wall St. and the rich. Look how the mainstream Democrats ripped up Sanders.

You gotdamned right, if a mf wants to serve the GOP than we don't need you, don't want you, can't use you and you fucks are the exact same way, especially when it comes in a dark color...Michael Steele ring a bell? Colin Powel, ring a bell?

You gotdamned right, if a mf wants to serve the GOP than we don't need you, don't want you, can't use you and you fucks are the exact same way, especially when it comes in a dark color...Michael Steele ring a bell? Colin Powel, ring a bell?

You are a big bag of hot gas. Your racism and hate is an embarrassment to all real Americans.

You are a big bag of hot gas. Your racism and hate is an embarrassment to all real Americans.
I'm now the racist, when you morons just elected the King of racism to the white house..gotcha

I'm now the racist, when you morons just elected the King of racism to the white house..gotcha

and yet you have no proof that he is actually a racist.

You are not now a racist, you have been a racist for a long time. I elected no one, my candidate lost. I just learned to move on and not cry and pout over losing. You on the other hand are stuck on stupid for the last couple of months. You lost, figure out why and fix it. Until then we are stuck with what we got.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I would assign the labels 'bigot', 'prejudiced' and 'stupid' to the likes of you.
When you have a race of white people rallying around the country wanting their country white again, when you elect a leader that refers to my people as thugs and inner city welfare people, who treated President Obama like a 3rd class citizen....YOU BET YOUR WHITE MF ASS.....I GOT ISSUES WITH THAT. You bastards think your the only mf's who's allowed hatred....you are not!!

Great comeback there. You must have blown a few brain cells thinking that up. Racists like you and shootspeeders are not really bright.

She finally had to cave.

“They were calling me coon, calling me house n***er, calling me Aunt Jemima, calling me all kinds of names and asking me to kill myself,” the Grammy and Tony-winning singer told MSNBC’s Joy Reid on this morning’s AM Joy. “And that was from the black community.”

“I wanted to sing for America and sing for the people.”

An angry and shaken Jennifer Holliday said she was called “Aunt Jemima” and worse by some African Americans in the online response to her now-canceled plans to perform for Donald Trump’s pre-inaugural celebration. (See the video below).

Related
Donald Trump Praises Brexit, Slams EU & NATO In First Euro Post-Election Interview

“They were calling me coon, calling me house n***er, calling me Aunt Jemima, calling me all kinds of names and asking me to kill myself,” the Grammy and Tony-winning singer told MSNBC’s Joy Reid on this morning’s AM Joy. “And that was from the black community.”

Yesterday, Holliday reversed her decision to perform at Trump’s “Make America Great Again! Welcome Celebration” concert January 19 at the Lincoln Memorial, citing an online backlash from the LGBT community. In an open letter, she apologized to her gay fans for the “lapse of judgement.”

Asked why the LGBT response swayed her to cancel – as opposed to gender and race issues – Holliday said, “All the tweets that I read from the African American community were directed directly at me. The tweets from the gay community took the issues and did not call me names. Also they have been a faithful community since Dreamgirls to me, and fed me even when the church people didn’t feed me.”

Also during the brief interview, when asked about Trump’s behavior toward woman and black people, Holliday told Reid “it did not give me pause, and I know people think that’s strange, but it used to be where an artist can be an artist, and we sang.”

Holliday also said Trump’s team did not “trick” her into accepting the invitation. “I wanted to sing for America and sing for the people.” She said she assumed the Trump team invited her because of her past performances for presidents Ronald Reagan, the Bushes and Bill Clinton. (“I never performed for President Obama,” she explained. “I never was invited.”)

“Maybe they were looking for, maybe, African Americans who have been friendly with Republicans,” Holliday speculated about the Trump invitation.

In yesterday’s open letter, Holliday, who won a 1982 Tony Award for her performance as Effie White in Dreamgirls and recently returned to Broadway in this season’s revival of The Color Purple, pledged to stand by her LGBT fans.

Jennifer Holliday Describes Vicious Backlash To Now-Canceled Plans For Inaugural Performance

Inappropriate....she should have carried on....if that's what she wanted.

HAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKKKK

HAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKKKK

She really flamed out on that retort didn't she.

Forum List

Back